Slow motion

D

Duel

No, this isn't a stasis deck. Nor does it contain "Slow Motion." this is a 5c Waters deck. But it doesn't need waters to win!

4 BOP
4 TOP
3 Rising waters
2 Prohibit (Mostly for stopping their counterspells and disenchants)
3 llanowar elves
3 Derelor
4 Jade Leech
4 Ruby Leech
4 Alabaster leech
2 Rhystic study
2 Sapphire leech (Iffy, but needed.)
4 Counterspell
1 Seal of disenchant

8 Forests
6 Islands
4 City of Brass

How does it work? Easy. The leeches and study make it hard for them to cast any spells, the waters makes it harder. You have effective beatdown (Wakefield once said the derelor was so good because if they killed it, you got another one for 4 mana, and if they didn't, you had Derelor, and they died) and the Jade leeches beat out the dreaded derm, in this deck. It works, I think.

Z

Zadok001

Correct me if I'm wrong... But don't the Leeches only affect you?

Methinks you want 'em to be playable, and you're reading the spoiler very selectively. :) J/K. Sorry, only your spells get screwed by the leeching bastards...

W

Whimsical

Mister Zadok sir's got a point, Duel dearie. You'd have to plug in 4 Donates in order to pull that particular dream off ... back to the drawing board! :D

D

Duel

nooo!!!!
Derelor is the only useful creature!
My deck is ruined! Ruined!!!

D

Duel

[me] sobs disconsolantly[/me]
Oh well, at least I can still use my 4 black vises.

Restricted? What do you mean "restricted"?!?

C

Cerberus

I can remind you of what Restricted means
I thought you new that the Leeches only affect you my image of you is runed

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Considering how long you have been on this site Cerberus, I think you should have known by now that Duel is hardly always right.

Anyway, what if you donate the leeches, then sleight of mind them to whatever color your opponent is playing? If you opponent is playing red and you give them "Your red spells cost W more to play" they're screwed; they can't even burn it.

D

Duel

Wow. That's nasty. I might just build that deck. Give me a week or so....

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

If you want to make this deck, don't depend heavily on green, as Jade Leech might create some problems even for you if Donated. I suggest you either use W/U because the Alabaster Leech is the weakest (and of course they all suck), or maybe B/U. In either W or B, there are good oportunities for mana control (Armageddon/Rain of Tears etc.), as well as different types of permanent control. B/U offers discard/bounce, while W/U offers more subtle ways of denial. Given the fact that you like blue so much to begin with, I will suggest that you take W/U, which is a much more controlling strategy to begin with, but you can do it however you want.

Given that I have only looked at about 1/3 of the spoiler so far, here is my preliminary design:

4x Alabaster Leech
4x Sapphire Leech
4x Donate
4x Sleight of Mind
2x Mind Bend-cantrip version
3x Rising Waters
3x Mageta the Lion
4x Seal of Cleansing
4x Counterspell
3x Wash Out
2x W/U Cameo
4x W/U Tap-land
12x Islands
9x Plains

It might be bad, feel free to change it.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Whoops.... take out Mageta... and put in Alexi! Considering that they won't be able to cast any creatures again, bounce will be much more effective. You'll probably also want some other counters, in case they attempt to get rid of the leech before you can Sleight it. Waters probably aren't necessary, use Propaganda/War Tax, but not the 3U stupid multicolor Propaganda look-alike from Invasion, or maybe Teferi's Moat. Oh well.

It seems I am again Duel's secretary (j/k :) )

D

Duel

I should hire you. We don't have to have an affair, though, right?

Anyways, I'd rather use Juxtapose as well. Give me more transferrence powers. PLus Capsize. that will end badly. And waters works, with enoughm mana. accel the deck with artifacts.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I presume by now you have read all of the preceding replies on this thread. I will say nothing more.

(Duel: shut up about an affair. no. no. no. Although, maybe you could work out an arrangement wherein I get 25 extra posts biweekly added to my total... YES... [me]TICM taps his fingertips together in an evil fashion[/me] )