Yet another G/W Invasion deck...

W

Whimsical

All Invasion cards ... let's see if I can pull this deck off without getting a migraine. ;)

Treva's Revenge (60 cards Invasion-constructed)

Land = 23
10 Forest
8 Plain
3 Elfhame Palace
2 Irrigation Ditch (maybe Archeological Dig instead?)

Creatures = 24
2 Elvish Champion
4 Quirion Elves
4 Nomadic Elf
4 Llanowar Knight
3 Charging Troll
2 Thornscape Apprentice
2 Benalish Trapper
2 Ruham Djinn
1 Treva, the Renewer (why not? I pulled this monstrosity out of the 18 boosters I bought along with Crosis and I'm determined to make this lizard on steroids a mascot...) :D

Spells = 12
4 Armadillo Cloak (I LOVE this card!)
3 Wax and Wane
2 Aura Shards (better this than that echoed Disenchant called the Capeshan Unicorn...)
1 Teferi's Moat (powered down Moat)
2 Shackles (what a pathetic way of creature control, I know)

Artifacts = 1
1 Treva's Attendant (a mascot's mascot)

On a side note ... the split cards are so ... they're soooooooooooooooo ... dang it! English will simply not suffice to describe them. The split cards are so kawaii!!! :D

Compared to the powerhouse decks you gentlemen cook up, this'll most likely bite the dust more often than not. I mean, it doesn't have any Routs or Global Ruinations ... or any other powerhouse rares apart from the Moat.

Any thoughts, gentlemen?

D

Duel

Shackles can be removed for Topple, Afterlife, Arrest, or Excise (I prefer Afterlife. More options.)

It's a fun deck! I agree with your analysis of aura shards, but there's got to be a better way. What about that enchantment that lets you kill a artifact/enchantment whenever you cast a creature?

W

Whimsical

Aura Shards IS the enchantment you're referring to, Duel dearie... It works like a recylable Seal of Cleansing, with the corresponding vulnerability. <sighs> Why in beebles did they have to get rid of Disenchant for Invasion ... <laughs> It's disenchanting at the very least. :D

There's a dumbed-down version of Disenchant called Dismantling Blow. While it gives the element of surprise, I'd much rather rely on Wax and Wane for enchantment removal and the Aura Shards to take care of the occasional Junta Stakes that gets through. Until more dangerous artifacts rear their ugly head in this Invasion environment, Dismantling Blow is going to remain second choice to Aura Shards.

I'd kick out Shackles in favor of better targetted creature control in a heartbeat... but none really exist in the Invasion format apart from that dang Shackles. The only other form of creature control the deck really has are the Thornscape apprentices and Benalish trappers...

In going with the Shackles griping ... it can probably be dropped in favor of a couple of Fact or Fiction to give the deck some form of card-drawing. That would entail a shifting of the mana-base to allow for the added blue though.

This deck would really kick in an Extended environment...

R

rkoelsch

Especially with the djinns you want there colors on the board not destroyed. It also can return to hand when there is a better target.

Z

Zadok001

The split cards are kowaii... :) (Having made that mistake once in a Japanese class, it's a running joke for me...)

Whimsy, I'm think Benalish Tapper (they put the 'r' in accidentally) kinda sucks when you lay it alongside the Thornscape Apprentice, neh? Why not drop the Tappers for two more Apprentices?

Really, if you wanted to splash for FoF, I don't think the mana base needs any changes except the addition of, say, one or two islands. Between Quirian and Nomadic elves, your mana base is solid as a rock for light splashing, and FoF is really, really good- too good to ignore.

I also must say, I LOVE Charging Troll. That guy is both largely undercosted and very playable, both aggressive and defensively. Possibly the best defensive standout of Invasion. I would consider a fourth, just for the amount of power they command.

W

Whimsical

The two hatless Master Decoys are there to provide defense against those pro-green critters in Invasion (only Zombified Merfolk from Vodalia come to mind right now though). I guess given the current creature selection in Invasion right now ... running 4 Thorny Apprentices might be a better bet.

I agree with Zadok dearie regarding the Troll. In conjunction with Armadillo Cloak, that guy is going to be a headache to remove. And that saw he's carrying looks so cool too. The Troll is actually a better bet for a defense-oriented deck than the Noble Panther everyone's raving about. And he regenerates too... :)

"Kowaii"? I can just imagine mister Zadok sir stating "I find my girlfriend the most kowaii in the world!" ... and the corresponding look of shock mixed with confusion on his sensei's face... :D

Treva's Revenge, Take Two
Land = 23
9 Forest
8 Plain
3 Elfhame Palace
2 Coastal Tower

Creatures = 24
2 Elvish Champion
4 Quirion Elves
4 Nomadic Elf
4 Llanowar Knight
4 Charging Troll
3 Thornscape Apprentice
2 of that Fat Moti clone of a Djinn
1 Treva, the Renewer

Spells = 12
3 Armadillo Cloak
3 Wax and Wane (Kawaii!!!) :D
1 Aura Shards
1 Teferi's Moat
2 Shackles (what a pathetic way of creature control, I know)
2 Fact or Fiction

Artifacts = 1

Right now the deck is a tad bit vulnerable to flyers, given only 5 methods of creature control available. <shudders> Maybe Pincer Spiders somewhere in there?

D

Duel

Brine seer, perhaps, or the U 1/1 that taps to change a color of a creature?

J

Jettaran

Duel stop talking blue!!!!!!!

Well dude I think that your deck lookw like it would be a fun deck to play even if you lose alot. But deffinately think about the benalish trappers

D

Duel

But I like blue!!!!

fine, fine. Use enlightened tutors to specially search for the enchantment you need. Sterling grove as well.

P

plaguelord2000

if you want a white power house creature, go with

Reya, Dawn Bringer.
6www creature- angle lengend
4/6

during your upkeep you may return a creature from your grave yard to play.

this is such a broke card in all ways. if you play defender en-vec. you can remove all fade counters from him to prevent 8 damage to you during you opponents turn, then return defender en-vec to play to do the same thing. your opponent has to do at least 9 points of damage to do 1 point of damage to you. anouther card you might want to run is aether rift.

earther rift 1RG
enchantment
at the begging of your upkeep,
discard a card at random from your hand,
if its a creature card, put into play
unless any player pays 5 life

but that means you have to run 3 color but thats feasable in the new T2

D

Duel

Reya is usually too mana-intensive to play. I may throw her in my white-blue stall/control deck, but nowhere else do I expect her to pop up. Except possible Recurrence. And then, noly 1 of her.

C

Captain Caveman

Nice Deck!

I know that Charging Troll is Da'Bomb but since your playing
with Elvish Champions why not use Elvish Archer too?

How about this? (only a suggestion)

Caveman

Land = 23
9 Forest
8 Plain
2 Elfhame Palace
2 Coastal Tower
1 City of Brass

Creatures = 24
2 Elvish Champion
4 Quirion Elves
4 Nomadic Elf
4 Llanowar Knight
4 Elvish Archer
3 Thornscape Apprentice
2 Charging Troll
1 Treva, the Renewer

Spells = 11
3 Armadillo Cloak
3 Wax and Wane
1 Aura Shards
1 Teferi's Moat
2 Shackles
1 Fact or Fiction

Fiction Artifacts = 2
1 Mystic Compass(oh look, you have a Forest)

T

terzarima

Man If Urza's block hadn't rotated out think of the possibilities, you could get reya in for G!!! Elvish piper is a severly underestimated card. Even Quicksilver amulet would help.

You guys are missing a great card that could help anyones deck like this one, belbe's portal. Name a dragon legend and you can get those guys in for 3 mana, never mind the multicoloured stuff

D

Duel

That's a little less practical than the avatar deck. I don't expect it any time soon.

P

plaguelord2000

belbes portal is such a a good card to play with if you built a deck around it. i helped a freind build a beble's beast deck and it was amazing, he was playing avator of might for 3 mana then i added duel nature and the deck became just sick to play. it was a MBC deck so i didnt play with rancor or that good streght pumper cards like gient growth, i know avator of might is an avator thats why he would name avator and play one on the next turn for 3 and play some other card chimeric idol or he would play a duel nature wait till turn 7 then play the avator for 3 and get 2 avators of might, thats realy hard to beat.
you have to say if a deck is built around it you should win the game becouse every thig only cost 3 mana.