I did OK, but improvement needed. Comments please.

R

Rando

Have you ever noticed that I deal with the same deck for like weeks and months at a time? Probably not...

As of right now, this thing is more or less MBC with 6th edition thrown in. Now that Invasion is out, it can obviously be used.

I played it this weekend at a t2 tourn. I went 3-1.
Round 1- Rebels 2-0
Round 2- Stompy 2-1
Round 3- Draw-go 0-2
Round 4- Ponza 2-1

As you can see, the blue deck gave me fits. I had hoped that I had enough "must-counter" spells to run him out of counters, but that was not the case. After he Trecheried a Blinding Angel and then put out a Morphling I was done for. Repeat same next game.

Sooooo.... I would like advice on how to improve the design and what from Invasion may be helpful.
Please put something, as I've noticed lately that painfully few ever post to my deck-threads. That either means that they are so good that no one has anything to say, or they suck so much that people are trying to spare my feelings. *sigh* I have trouble beliving both.

Nameless White Deck

Creatures (12)
4 Blinding Angel
4 Glitering Lion
4 Glitering Lynx

Spells (20)
4 Armageddon
4 Wave of Reckoning
3 Disenchant
1 Seal of Clensing
2 Enlightend Tutor
2 Paralax Wave
4 Cho Manno's Blessing

Artifacts (6)
4 Chemeric Idols
2 Marble Diamond

Land (22)
2 Kor Haven
4 Crystal Vein
16 Plains

Sideboard
2 Paralax Wave
4 Wrath of God
2 Ivory Mask
2 Cursed Totem
3 Reverent Mantra
2 Marble Diamond

R

rkoelsch

Morphling is not so super with a totem out. Also I think the Draw go deck will lose when Urza rotates out. They have good counters but lose the super creature. Air Elemental is just not a replacement for Morphling. Also about the lack of posts there are just a few white wizards here.

R

Rando

I think this deck has great potential once Urza's rotates out. I plan on playing it again this weekend.

R

Rando

There were only about 20 people, so the grand wizards running the thing decided to only take the top 4, each of which had gone 4-0. Needless to say, that did not make many people happy, including me. I don't think they will pull the same thing next time.
The guy with the draw-go that beat me ended up getting 1st.

R

Rando

This is a wasted post meant only to bring this thread to the top of the list so that maybe, god willing and luck smiling, some one besides Rkoelsch will post something. I'm starting to get a little put-off.
Even the worst piles of crap-for-decks posted by brand new users around here get more replies then mine.

N

Neil Rigby

Although i'm not the best white player in the world your request for people to reply touched my heart so here goes.
I think that playing 8 five casting cost spells in a deck with four armageddons is probably to many, also 4 wave of reckoning is to many in my opinion. Some cheaper removal would be a good addition so that you can have board control when you want to cast armageddon. I think that you could also lower the number of cho mannos blessings to 2 and use a main deck reverant mantra, the blessing is nice but only really useful on an angel. In this deck I would use more seals than disenchants so you can have them sitting on the table when you cast armageddon. You may notice that I mention armageddon a lot and this is because it is your most powerful spell but needs to be used correctly and not just cast as soon as you can. The reason you are losing to blue is not the amout of must counter spells you are playing but the fact that you can only play one spell a turn and you don't put enough pressure on to make them tap out to defend themselves, this is a difficult situation to remedy without totally changing the deck. Looking at your results it would seem that blue is one of the only matches you worry about so a considerable sideboard for the match up may be required. Basically my final comments are that although I cant be sure of the metagame in your area I would imagine that you could lower the number of disenchant spells, the number of glittering monsters, and the number of waves of reckoning and replace them with a few cheap removal spells freeing up a couple of slots for bigger threat cards.
Just my opinion and as I said i'm not the best white player in the world.

Neil Rigby
TEAM CAND!MAN
(yes, same team as Gizmo, sorry :eek:)

R

Rando

Just me again.
Come on people! I know that out of the 30 odd views this thread has gotten that someone else has read through this. I'm going to stop trying.

Or I could critique my self:

Rando: So, what do you think?

Jess: I like it. A little unorthodox. Have you tried it with the Totems main deck?

Rando: No, not yet. I did not think they would be that helpfull main deck, so I put them in the sideboard.

Jess: I see. How does the Wave of Reckonings work out?

Rando: Nice, really. You'd be amazed haw few creatures people play with that will survive it. But you know, ya gotta watch out for Revernt Mantra. It can be as good as a counterspell against the W of R.

Jess: I'm amazed you beat Stompy. This looks much too slow.

Rando: That's what I thought, and I did loose the first game. But, after siding in the Paralax Waves and a couple Wrath of God, it wasn't so bad.

Jess: So, didn't stand a chance against Draw-Go, huh?

Rando: No, not a bit. And the guy that played it is this little punk whose parents support his habbit. I know he does not have a job where he can afford 4 Ports, 4 Strokes and 4 Trechery, let alone the Morphlings, Palincrons, et cetera.

Jess: Gotta hate that. Well, I'll talk to you later Rando.

Rando: OK Jess. Thanks for the chat.

!?!?!

R

Rando

Wow!
Some one posted while I was going insane. Thanks Neil! I will take your thoughts under serious consideration.

Melkor

Its so sad that blue is so obviously far and away the most powerful color in magic. Perhaps if this "can't be countered mechanic" really catches on things will level out a little but its never been fair that blue can just counter any strategy you want to try to beat it with. That being said, for your deck specifically, you might want to try and make it a little more aggressive in order to beat draw go. Unfortunately this is not Rath block so you don't exactly have the pick of the weenies. Perhaps some of the cheaper rebels, fresh volunteers and ramosian captain come to mind. The problem is, I can't think of what to take out that doesn't make the deck lose its identity and become a rebel deck. Even though its kind of expensive you might want to consider Voice of Reason, flying and protection from blue can protect you from Morphling and it can't be treacheried. It seems your best bet would be to lay some quick beats and armageddon though I'm sure you know that and it didn't prove as effective as it should have. I wouldn't think that treachery would be too big of a problem with 4 Disenchants and 4 Cho-Manno's blessings. Basically I think you've got a creature control deck that does what its supposed to do but its hard to deal with a more general control deck especially with the broken Morphling running around. Of course set rotation kind of takes care of more of this archetype in about a month but take whatever advise you can gleen from my mad ramblings. Sorry it isn't more coherent, I'm kind of just writing whatever comes to mind without filtering out what is important.

P

plaguelord2000

if you want a sweet white creture use this.
REYA, DAWNBRINGER. its a broken legendary angle, when was the last time theres been a white broken creature, not for a long time.
heres what it does,

Reya, Dawnbringer 6www
creature- angle legand
flying
at the beginning of your upkeep,
you may return target creature card
from your grave yard to play

thats such a sweet creature, and its not hard to get out now with the lands that you can sac for 2 mana and the attendants that let you cad them for 3 mana. i think she will lead the way for alot of games in white control and megeta control, just becouse you remove her from the game with a paralex wave megata rath kill all your creatures, disenchant the wave or just wait for it to fade out and return a faty to play for free and run over you opponent. this is a completly broken card for white

D

Duel

Riight. Plaguelord, he's playing a geddon-god deck. If there are EVER 9 lands out, he's LOST.
Reya is sideboard material.

Second, don't play with glittering lion. It's not a good deal. 3 mana for a 2/2 just isn't that good.
Mageta offers a third kill method (angel and idol are 1 and 2) as well as providing a clearer (If you play against green, black, red, or white) or another must-counter spell (If you play against blue) And even then, I'd rather use the gliders (2 Nightwing, 2 Thermal).
That's just keeping is mono-white.

Consider throwing in:
U/W Artifact or land.
Fact or fiction.
Prohibit

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You gotta have patience. Give it a few more days, not a couple hours.

On the other hand, I know nothing about current white so my advice is useless with a capital U :)

R

rkoelsch

It asked several questions I would have asked. As far as beating blue I think the voice of reason is not a bad choice. I can't see how to transform this to a more aggressive deck without using most of the sideboard. And as this deck loses nothing and accel blue loses most of its deck I don't think I would worry about it.

R

Rando

Patience is not one of my greatest assets, as you can see. But on a whole, very few ever post to my deck threads. But oh well, my ranting did indeed draw in the people. I should go nuts more often.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's why they call you Freaky Bear! ;)

Seriously, you've probably noticed I don't help out a lot. My expertise/familiarity is with older cards (thus my most-help-ever on the Storm Seeker thread). Don't give up though, others also don't get a lot of help either :)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

You really should run Cursed Totems main deck. They mess up almost every viable current strategy, including Stompy, Rebels, Mercs (well, not that viable), Cowardice especially, and Morphlings. If you decide to keep the Glittering dudes, there is also some nice synergy there. I also suggest you lower the costs of the cards a little.

D

Duel

That does work nicely. I'd maindeck it too. And maybe ribbon snake (Synergy beatdown!!!)