5 Invasion cards you can't wait to get 4 of

M

Mikeymike

Premise is pretty simple, which card are you most looking foward to playing with or getting more of.

P.S. How is the artwork in the set, does it live up to Prophecy? I couldn't make it to the pre-release dammit.

1. All the big green creatures. Kavu Chameleon, Kavu Titan, Thicket Elemental, and especially Sabre-tooth Nishoba and Verdoloth, King of all Token Decks, best friend of Verdant Force. So I'm too old to love still love big monsters, shoot me.

2. Dueling Grounds. My Serra's Embraced Thorn Elemental is going to kick your booty. No, not Terror! Does anbody else think the GW Gold cards are no joke?

3. Psychic Battle. I have so many ideas for this card, wanna hear some. Well tough, you get nothing! HAHA!

4. Mage's Contest. Going straight into my burn deck as the real slap-you-in-the-face card. Its a straight counter spell or THEY LOSE LIFE. Screw you Worship. Thats pretty friggin strong for a red card. I predict this is going to be the sleeper rare of the set.

5. Undermine. I like this counter much. Perfect for a creatureless B/U deck.

*Honorable Mention to the new Dual Lands. Much cheaper than spending $180 on the real 20.

In General, the set seems like a fun, wacky set. The gold cards, although numerous, were well designed and WILL see tournament play. I do agree with the consensus that this set won't be great for Type 2, but guess what, I don't play Type 2, sorry.

E

Elrond

I've got a lot of cards I want out of the set so I'm going to be doing a lot of grouping.

1) the dual lands, the cameos, and the attendants.

2) the gold legends, the dragons, Sisay, and Tsabo particularly

3) the big green like Verdeloth, Molimo, and the Elvish Champion, it'll go great with my elf deck with Coat of Arms in there

4) Armadillo's Cloak, it's only a common, but I really love that card.

5) the other legends like Empress Galina and Reya.

I like the set a lot and can't wait to buy more.

N

nodnarb24

urza's rage
skizzik
dual lands
mages contest
Voldeloth the Ancient

K

Kavu Titan

1. KAVU TITAN!!!!!
2. SKIZZIK!!!!!
3. VERDELOTH!!!!!
4. MOLIMO!!!!!
5. EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!

Sorry, but I haven't played with such an INCREDIBLY good set since Tempest :D

D

DÛke

In no order:

Desperate Research: I said Unmask was going to be good, and it was. I have 5 Unmask, one is FOIL. It will get higher in price after Urza rotates out of T2. I said Tangle Wire is gonna be wanted, I got 5 for 4 bucks all of them. That's less than a buck each. Now, everyone wants Tangle Wires. I say Desperate Research will spawn some kind of suicide deck. Get 4 if you can, and while they're unknown.

Barrin's Spite: I love this card. I can't see it being very popular, but I can see it being used.

Stalking Assassin-Love it.
Nightscape Master-Love it.

T

Thrash Golem

1. verdeloth ( i have a killer saproling deck already)
2. ghitu fire

screw** everything else.. i want these. here, have my foil japanese skizzik

** i had to edit cuz i thought they would bleep it for me

D

Duel

1 Obliterate
2 Planar Portal (I know, it's janky. I still love it!)
3 Potted plant (AKA Tree of paradise, birdsnest of paradise, plant of paradise, Utopia tree)
4 Recoil (MAD good)
5 Goblin Spy (It's good I tell you! Good!)

E

ErinPuff

Skizzik Skizzik Skizzik!

..and the dual lands, and the dragon legends..

G

galtwish

In no particular order:
Noble Panther
Urza's Rage
Fact or Fiction
Aura Mutation

and primarily...
Mage's Contest

Erik

D

Dead

(1)- Spreading Plague: I just can't wait to build a deck out of this thing. Artifact creature decks are now viable again, especially in type 2 with distorting lens to make your ornithopters into colour coordinated perish...

(2)- Voracious Cobra: First strike and bury is mean. Nuts multani every day of the week.

(3)- Heroes' Reunion: It was just sick in my prerelease deck. I reckon a deck designed around all the new GW stuff would be cool.

(4)- Thuderscape Master: Brush with Death each turn for 2 rather than 7, or a quick double-anthem. You don't even discard cards to it!

(5)- Planar Portal: So i actually get to use my new toys...

D

DÛke

...do you think the most popular card in Invasion will be?
I can't judge right now, but from what I could see, Skizzik looks too good to me.

What do you think.

T

The Magic Jackal

Invasion is pretty crappy, so....

1 Plains
2 forest
3 swamp
4 mountain
5 island

these cards are so amazingly broken, it's not funny.

C

Crazy Pierre

1)Obliterate. OOOOOOOOOOH....Too bad ALL THOSE ISLANDS
CAN'T COUNTER THIS!!
2)Blurred Mongoose ( My friend wants to quit Magic because he can't counter this...na na na na naaaaah.
3)Planar Portal. Whatever right, it's a tutor!
4)Teferi's Moat. Have 4 already!

G

Gizmo

Absorb
Undermine
Noble Panther (every 4cG deck will want four)
Skizzik

Those are the only obvious four-of-a-kind spells. I`d also want to get three:
Urza`s Rage

M

Mordecai

1. Benalish Trapper
2. Stormscape Apprentice
3. Thornscape Apprentice
4. Disrupt (my favorite counter ever)
5. Coastal Tower
HM. Elfhame Palace

H

Hellion

No doubt I'll get the following cards:

(1) The new Dual Lands.
(2) Tectonic Instability (some potential)
(3) Blazing Specter
(4) Reya Dawnbringer (awesome, ex in cc but great ability)
(5) Ghitu Fire

Some sleepers and some will be hotcards.......I think I'll find myself trying to get the Dual Lands very hard....:(