What kinds of decks do you people have?

O

orangejuice64

As of right now, I have a pause deck. I can take advantage of your creatures by either preventing them from attacking, stopping their abilities, racking up your casting costs, and preventing all damage to me. By the way, does anybody know how to beat a counter deck? :confused:

F

Fire Slinger

Right now I have a combo deck (Crypt-Donate), and Counter deck, and a Aggresive Beatdown Combo deck (Pyromancy).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
oj: Do you mean beating a counter deck with your current deck or building a new deck to beat a counter deck?

T

Thrash Golem

Easy, take away all their lands. As soon as you start to cast stuff to take away your mana, i will pillage and stone rain all you to hell.. And the dying tectonic break.

I have 3 decks only.

Thallid deck, multiplayer, i usually get my infinite mana combo out before everyone kills me. nobody likes this deck, with 3rd turn verdant forces and 40 new saprolings every turn

Brawnza deck, for dueling.. its my least fun deck but i still like playing it casue you need to use strategy. it only loses often to blue control and illegal decks.

stampeding wildebeest
yay! my fun deck. i use hermits, wall of blossoms, and hunting moa for come into play effects with the wildebeest.

ddvsdfhzrs

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
The Type-Random deck forum, I think, was meant for Type-Random decks, which, of course, we aren't really discussing right now since the Type-Random thing appears to be somewhat on hold. I'm sure Mike will announce something in the next couple weeks about it.

Personally, my best luck against counter decks comes when I play a deck that's just loaded with so many threats they can't counter them all. Otherwise, try to cast your spells in layers and save the ones you really want to have get through for last. A good weenie deck will beat a counter deck too, and if you're playing red just pack your sideboard with Blasts.

Nothing beats a counter for the counters! :D

F

Fire Slinger

BTW, I am not going to tell you have to beat a counter deck, since I play them :D

P

plaguelord2000

a counter deck is hard to beat. the best way to beat them is with creatures. play more than they can stop. star t of with a good mana curve try to play low casting cost creatures like skyshroud ridge back on turn 1 to do 4 points of damage or 1 cating cost creatures working your way up to more anouying creatures. try to play creatures like this 1-2-3 in mana cost. the counter deck will have to save for the bigges if the want to play a good creatures but by them there dead from the little creatures. thats atleast how i beat a counter deck

M

Mundungu

I used to carry around decks for various occasions :
serious non t2 duel
serious t2 duel
MP
and tryout decks ...

I didnt like MM much I dont have any t2 deck at the moment, waiting for Invasion to come out.

I have a pretty neat T1 White winnie That I can easily transform for MP games (kind of MP SB)

A good T1 enchanteress / Mesacraft deck

A tryout balck deck

An extended Elfball deck.

An artefact prosperty/Iron Maiden MP deck

I actually try to have as many decks as possible with my card pool and I just realised than I have more than I expected.

D

Darsh

Right now I have:

Control/Beatdown: Pestilence Deck (Everyone hates this deck)

Beatdown: Modified Rebel Deck (14/13 Nightwind Glider)

Ultra Beatdown: Old School Black Suicide (2nd turn 6/4 Hypnotic Specter(yay!))

They all casual deck made for multiplayer/duel

O

orangejuice64

Spiderman:
I'm trying to build a new deck to beat a counter deck. I'm open to options... :p

H

Hellion

There are a few decks that can beat those decks that run 20+ counterspells. However, that really depends if the deck is Type 1, 2 or extended.

If that counter deck is Type 1, play drop decks that run Duress, Hymn to Tourach, Stupor and Persecute. Back this up with The Rack, weenies (hint hint: Hypnotic Spector)and "man-lands" and it shouldn't be a problem. The best of all is this deck can beat ALMOST any deck.

If this counter deck is Type 2, play Replenish, Ultra fast G/R LD or R LD.

If this counter deck is extended, play Pooh Sligh, Counter Oath or Counter Sliver.

Personally, I prefer Type 1 Drop decks, they are toooo evil....

I own a few decks....

1. Type 1 drop deck
2. Type 1 Black LD
2. A Post Urza Block Rebel deck
3. Extended Stompy
4. Post Urza Block Red LD with Invasion cards.

I don't play combo decks or Blue control decks.....I feel that they are not to my liking.....I feel boring playing those......

S

sole specter

red speed works they cant couner your goblin lacky so you hit them and git goblin muntan

N

nodnarb24

I currently have:
Green Stompy
Blue Draw
BCB (brandon's cheesy burn)
Plain Black
White Weenie

P

plaguelord2000

if you want a deck that can beat counter go with a search engine, such as rebels. you have a turn 1` sergent nothing in blue can stop that exept for foil i think. all yo udo is search for a beter rebel until you reach linn sivvi, defient hero. then its all over for the counter deck. they counter a rebel that you play from hand o well. you search for sivvi foe it at the end of there turn. there just going to waste the counter on the none creature spells. you should win unless they play mastice then your royaly screw but by then you should have a good hold on the rebel engine and run past the masticore. thats the way i beat counter blue

E

Elrond

I currently have seven decks, all are type anything goes and all but one or two are designed for multiplayer.

White Angelic Life Gain: with Serra Avatar, Angelic Chorus, Noble Purposes, Congregates, and a ton of other enchantments to fuel my Serra Sanctum.

R/B drop deck: Hymns, Duresses, Ostracizes, Megrims, Coercions, Unnerves, Greel, Latulla, Avatars of Fury, Ball Lightning and other assorted creatures; want the new Blazing Specter for this deck.

Green Beat Down: Tons of elves with priestesses and Rofellos to fuel my Avatars of Might, Force of Nature, Dual Natures, Deranged Hermits, Verdant Forces, Verdeloth, and Coat of Arms; it's real fun to have three Dual Natures out and get a Hermit.

Red Cheese: tons of small hasted creatures, Suqata Lancers, Raging Goblins, Fervor, with a Rathi Dragon as the finisher if my Infernos would take me out too.

Vampiric Conspiracy: Lot of huge black or gold legends with Conspiracies and Belbe's Portals to turn them all into Vampires and get them for three, great with Spirit of the Night and Baron Sengirs.

Counterspell/Blue Beatdown: mono-blue with Tidal Krakens, Clones, a Doppleganger and other big menies backed up with 12+ counterspells including Quash and Force of Will, also has Rhystic Study, Library of Leng, Ivory Tower for life gain and Treacheries/Dominates to steal their good stuff.

Speed Green: with Llanowar/Skyshroud Sentinels, Howling Wolves and various pump ups with land search cards.

Artifact: no basic land whatsoever with all the Urza's Lands, a Sentinel or two, and teeka's Dragon as the main killer especially when combined with Dragon Blood and Extruder.

B/W Shadow: name says it all, lots of small Dauthi and Soltari creatures with flanking knights as support.

Ok that was actually nine, but oh well that's all of them. Although I am trying to rebuild my Sliver deck with Invasion cards as a source of new gold cards, going to be 5cG.

P

Purple_jester

First, what decks can beat counter? I've played counter decks many times, so I can tell you from experience what beats me. It's all dependent on the amount of bounce that counter deck carries. If it doesn't have a healthy amount of bouncing capability, then a weenie horde will kill it. Any weenie horde of any color, including Goblins and Merfolk, will creep over a counter deck. The ability of a counter deck to deal with a 1st and 2nd turn creature will determine its chances of survival.

However, if the counter deck is packing a decent amount of bounce, then you have to look to other options. With Wash Out being available from Invasion, weenie hordes have something to worry about. Decks relying on uncounterable manlands like Treetop Village, Ghitu Encampent or the immortal Mishra's Factory are very difficult to deal with if you rely mainly on counters, and the bounce is only temporary. Also, red hyper-burn can be extremely annoying, though any decent modern counter deck can weather the storm.

Then, there is the second to the best strategy against counter decks: attacking their mana base. Land destruction is an excellent example of how a counter deck can be undermined. If you can get the Island destruction going early - say with a Ritualled Rain of Tears - then there is little that counter decks can do to stop you.

Finally, the best strategy against counter-heavy decks (in my opinion) is another deck type I play: DISCARD. Attacking the hand of a counter deck is the worst thing you could possibly do, especially if your deck is built around it. Why is this the best strategy? Because the counter deck loses either way. If you successfuly cast a Stupor, you off 2 cards. If he counters the Stupor, the he's lost at least 1 card, and your job's half done. It gets even better if he uses some sort of ACC to cast the counter (like with Foil or Thwart). To the counter player, it's a constant choice over the lesser of two perceived evils. :D

Now, what decks do I play?
Tradwind-Bounce, Equillibri-Bounce, Morph-Counter, Rising Waters, Control-Counter, Elephants and Beasts, 5cDjinn/Efreet, Erhnam-Haups, Pesti-Rat, Ultra-Discard, Weenie-Discard, Animator, Everyone Is Burning, Redecorator, Counter-Hammer, Purple and Gold. That's about al I can remember right now. ;)

C

Cateran Emperor

I have my "Crumbling Darkness" deck (ie really evil artifact deck) if I'm actually playing in a tournament of for just dueling over an argument. This thing is just not even funny (if you want to know more, just ask, but I'm not going into this)

For pure fun, I have my absurd Mercenary deck! It's over 400 cards at last count, I THINK, but I've kinda lost count. It's 4 of every Merc then 4 Bad Moon, 4 DPO, 4 Jet Medallion, and other things to make them considerably more lethal (Intimidation is INCREDIBLE, you've gotta try this beast of a card out!) The coolest thing I've yet to see out of my deck:

Cateran Overlord
BBB
Creature - Mercenary
Fear
Sacrifice a Creature: Regenerate
2,T: Get a 6 CC Merc and put him into play.
97/21

For Type 1 Multiplayer, I have my INFERRRRRRRRRRRRNO! deck. Mana Flare + Furnace of Rath + Repercussion + Inferno/Earthquake/Fault Line/other burn + Forcefield = everyone dead but me :D

The last one I'd like to say (I have toooo many decks to list :D ) is Draw Go(Away). Flesh Reaver + Pariah + Pestilence (or anything of the sort) = draw, then go away. This is only for people who annoy me :D

N

Neo_Keo

Lets see.................................

I have my

Type 1 Tinker Deck ( Trying making a tinker deck with only one tinker)
Black Discard Deck
Blue Aether Storm Deck ( Its Creatureless)
Rising Waters
Rebel Deck
Trinity
Angry-Hermit
Stompy
Farmers Deck ( Green Control )
Angel Deck
Ponza Deck
Chimera Deck
Thats about it......

Neo
The Minister of War

G

Gerode

B/W Shadow (Rath Cycle)
W Humility
G Creature Enchantments
U Hermetic Study-Horseshoe Crab SuperTim deck
U/G Awakening SuperTim deck
U/R Control-Burn
B Grave Pact/Breeding Pit Control
W en-Kor Protection
R Goblin Sligh
W 100 card Rebel
U/R Unblockables
R Sneak Attack
G/W Nature's Revolt
G/W Song of Serenity Enchantress
G Ashnods Altar/Fecundity/Sap Cluster (can only play this once every 6 months!)
U Mana Web Mana Screwer
R Laccoliths
B/W Crypt Rats/Inviolabilty
B Mercenaries

None are Type 2. I probably left a few decks out, and there are several that are under construction.
Anyone have more decks?

D

Duel

Snuff-o-derm (Technically, aggro-snuff) (MBC6)
Winter (orb) weenie
White Weenie/Control
Tinker/Voltaic key/Collosus
Suicide Black
Pandoath
Green Stompy
Medium green (T2)
Merfolk (Aggro-blue)
Essentially, everything but combo decks.
Oh yeah:
5c combo (Yawgmoth's bargain, cadaverous bloom, and pyromancy)