Post Invasion Lobotomy

G

Griffith_se

Heres a really hastily built deck that needs some fix'n.
I plan to build a T2 Lobotomy deck went Invasion come out, so I threw this together to get some ideas.

Probably needs more creatures, pretty weak, but its a start.

4 Hoodwink
4 Boomerang
4 Counterspell

2 Vampiric Tutor
4 Parallax Nexus
4 Stupor

4 Lobotomy
4 Recoil

3 Avatar of will

3 Wheel of Torture

4 Underground River
4 Salt Marsh
1 Raths Edge
7 Swamp
8 Island

[Edited by Griffith_se on September 22nd, 2000 at 02:25 PM]

F

FoundationOfRancor

uhhh...it looks great! But, isnt underground river illegal in type II? or do you mean its t2 equilivant?

P

plaguelord2000

you might want to add avator of woe. its a creature with three other cards in it. fear, any removal black spell, and its a creature. thats amazing, you might also want to add some hand removal for the avator of will.

G

Griffith_se

FoR, Do You really think its good? Surely You'd make some changes, and Underground River is 6th I do believe.

PL2K, I thought Parallax Nexus would go well with Avatar of Will. Avatar of Woe...? I'll going give it try.

The Wheel of Torture? I don't know it may not work out to well with the bounce theme.

Thanks Guys. :)

[Edited by Griffith_se on September 22nd, 2000 at 06:50 PM]

Q

Qetu

Why you only put in there the lobotomy? there is the BU boomerang/specter's wail !! that fits
and there are one or two more invasion cards that fit, or i think so ... :)
I also like Lobotomyzing ppl (throw in a Denying Wind please ... just for me!)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

FoR, the B/U dual land was Underground Sea, not Underground River.

I used to get them confused.

P

plaguelord2000

hey can some one tell me what labotomy does. i forgot. oh is any one playing in the invasion pre release tuornys. i am and i dont know what color i should play iim thinking b/u or w/g. or just maby mono white becouse of that new white creature legand thats come out for www3 and is almost like a sliver queen i think but has amazing abilitys

P

Purple_jester

Try Addle. It's the new black utility discarder. Oh, and I think the Wheel's going out of Type 2 soon (Urza's Legacy). I thought they'd replace it in Invasion, but they didn't. I think that will come out in 7th, or hopefully, they'll eturn the Rack. :D They could even make something better in Planshift. Otherwise, you're stuck with that pathetic, near-useless Rackling.

Oh, and if you want some REALLY powerful bounce, try Wash Out. 3U, Return all permanents of chosen color to their owner's hands. It really kicks. Especially against mono-themed decks like Rebels.

And you're right. Nexus would be excellent with Avatar of Will. I've seen it work. It's like a miniature Mind Twist for 3. You can remove their entire hand, cast Avatar of Will in the same turn, and deal damage tot hem with your artifacts during their turn, all for 3 mana. And, has anyone realized how deadly a first turn Dark Ritualed Nexus can be? You'll delay your opponent's development for at least a single turn, perhaps longer. It's evil. This is one underused card. ;)

G

Griffith_se

Um,
I played 2 games on Apprentice, didn't do so good. Not enough removal, or offense, or something. I got overran by weenies.

Not trying to make excuses, but I couldn't draw anything but a bunch of Boomerangs, and Hoodwinks. Not to mention a bunch
of mistakes.

Oh, Recoil is good by the way.

I'll try Addle and Washout. I think I'll dump Hoodwink as I found them to be useless in the 2 Games I played. Also going to dump Wheel of Torture for Addle and try again.

Need help.

[Edited by Griffith_se on September 24th, 2000 at 06:51 AM]

R

rakso

Yeah, removal is a must in a non-combo dominated environment. :)

Seriously, though, the question on my mind is whether or not you would play Lobotomy in Sealed Deck. You get to see the guy's library, at least.

In Type II, I don't think you can make a deck based around Lobotomy. I see it mainly as a support card that can rob an opponent of some momentum in the midgame by stripping away a card he was holding on to. You spend 4 mana and one card to remove one card from the opponent's hand, and the bonus only comes if it was a card that was really bad against your deck and if he had more than one copy of the card in hand. Well, you also get to look at the deck, but you'll rarely learn anything new in Type II.

G

Griffith_se

I'm of thinking trying it this way. Any comments on either version?
For You Apprentice player's if You want to play test this for Me, I would Appreciate it.
Thanks

7 Swamp
8 Island
1 Rath's Edge
4 Underground River
4 Salt Marsh

3 Dark Ritual
3 Vampiric Tutor
3 Addle
3 Parallax Nexus

4 Lobotomy
3 Recoil

3 Wash Out
4 Counterspell

3 Waterfront Bouncer
3 Avatar of Will
3 Stalking Assassin
1 Avatar of Woe

P

plaguelord2000

looks good but you might want to add a couple more low casting cost creatures. maby a chilling apparition from profecy or scandle monger. both will help to the uu alternative casing cost of the avator of will and do good damage. well the monger does, but the apparition is able to regenerate. the new T2 will be based alot on creature.