Postmodern Reality [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Inspired by my "Defense of Efrava" deck from 2022, I'm giving Tameshi, Reality Architect my crude attempt at a deck of the LandStill genre, but in a format where that hasn't normally been a thing. It's going to be slow and clunky, but could be a fun challenge.

Commander:
1 Tameshi, Reality Architect

1 Academy Rector
1 Arcane Denial
1 Arcane Laboratory
1 Archaeomancer's Map
1 Aura of Silence
1 Bazaar of Baghdad
1 Brainstorm
1 Castle Ardenvale
1 Cave of the Frost Dragon
1 Celestial Colonnade
1 Counterbalance
1 Counterspell
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Deep Gnome Terramancer
1 Dovin's Veto
1 Drownyard Temple
1 Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire
1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Entreat the Angels
1 Esper Sentinel
1 Eternal Dragon
1 Evacuation
1 Faerie Conclave
1 Flooded Strand
1 Forbidding Watchtower
1 Force of Will
1 Generous Gift
1 Ghostly Prison
1 Gilded Drake
1 Gush
1 Hall of Heliod's Generosity
1 Hall of Storm Giants
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Hanna, Ship's Navigator
1 Hesitation
1 Idyllic Tutor
1 Inkmoth Nexus
6 Island
1 Kami of False Hope
1 Kjeldoran Outpost
1 Land Tax
1 Mana Drain
1 Mana Web
1 Maze of Ith
1 Meekstone
1 Mishra's Factory
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Mox Diamond
1 Mutavault
1 Mystic Remora
1 Pendrell Mists
8 Plains
1 Planar Birth
1 Polluted Delta
1 Propaganda
1 Pure Reflection
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Rhystic Study
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Scroll Rack
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Serra Ascendant
1 Shark Typhoon
1 Sol Ring
1 Spirit Mirror
1 Standstill
1 Strip Mine
1 Sun Titan
1 Supreme Verdict
1 Swan Song
1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Terminus
1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
1 Time Wipe
1 Timeless Dragon
1 Trade Routes
1 Tragic Arrogance
1 Trinisphere
1 Tundra
1 Unnatural Selection
1 Urza's Saga
1 Wasteland
1 Wayfarer's Bauble
1 Weathered Wayfarer
1 Winds of Abandon

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Just one game with this so far, and it was kind of encouraging. While I think that this style of deck I've contrived can't be done in the EDH format without significant problems, it is fun in a way. I ultimately lost my first game, although I should probably have won it if I'd played better. Still put up quite a fight.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I suspect that this deck could use some work, but I still don't have enough experience with it to make those calls. Well, if 2023 is a year of refining decks, perhaps this presents a nice learning opportunity.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Had a fun game where this deck made a nuisance of itself, but this ultimately made me enough of a distraction that the rest of the table let another deck combo off. On the one hand, I'm kind of stubbornly trying to make this concept work, even though I think it does not. On the other hand, it's using up copies of my fetchlands, Wasteland, Maze of Ith, Strip Mine, etc. I'm either scrapping the deck for parts or retooling it to be better. Can't decide which just yet.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I won a game! As was the case when I tried a similar concept helmed by Jedit Ojanen, the game had to be pretty weird for this deck to actually pull off a win. The game got drawn out and one opponent conceded just due to time constraints. This left me facing down the threat of an infinite combo from one deck (Melira, the Living Cure), while the real threat on the board came from the other player (Liesa, Shroud of Dusk). I strove to play conservatively and build up my resources while trying to keep both opponents from being able to win. It went back and forth. Eventually the Melira player set up an infinite combo, which I disrupted with Cyclonic Rift. I attacked that opponent with Tameshi, just because I knew that he'd have to either let it through or chump block with Devoted Druid. He let it through and the Liesa player cast Hatred, making my Tameshi lethal in a move that surprised both of us. Suddenly, it was one-on-one. I thought that the Liesa player would probably overtake me, but he didn't draw well and I was able to hardcast Entreat the Angels, presenting a threat he couldn't stop.