Planechase 2009 Game 3

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Your library's 39, right?

Untap, upkeep - mill Mask of Memory, Smokebraider, Rumbling Slum, Tornado Elemental, Forest, Taurean Mauler, Search For Tomorrow, Verdant Force, Hull Breach, Living Hive

Draw

Mt
Explosive Vegetation, getting a Mt and Forest

Done

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Command Zone:
[

Melkor: 20 (Strike Force )
Hand: 5
Library: 38
Battlefield:

(T) (T) (T) (U) Mountain x4
(T) Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion

(T) Duergar Hedge-Mage (2/2, when ~enters the battlefield, if you control two or more Mountains, you may destroy target artifact, when ~ enters the battlefield, if you control two or more Plains, you may destroy target enchantment)
(S) Flametongue Kavu (4/2, when ~ enters the battlefield, it deal 4 damage to target creature)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Boros Garrison, Boros Garrison, Goblin Offensive, Lightning Helix, Order//Chaos, Rolling Thunder, Congregate, Glory of Warfare, Rorix Bladewing
Exile:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oversoul: 18 (Metallic Dreams)
Library: 50
Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Vault of Whispers (T: adds B to my mana pool.)
(S) Arsenal Thresher (6/6; ~ etb with a +1/+1 counter for each other artifact I reveal from my hand as it etb.) *4 +1/+1 counters*

Graveyard: Seat of the Synod, Master of Etherium, Silver Myr, Plains, Loxodon Warhammer, Skeleton Shard, Mountain, Great Furnace, Sarcomite Myr, Forest, Bosh (Iron Golem), Seat of the Synod
Exile:

Spiderman: 15 (Elemental Thunder)
Hand: 6
Library: 25
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Shivan Oasis (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or G to my mana pool)

(U) Bogardan Firefiend (2/1; When ~ is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, it deals 2 dmg to target creature)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Rockslide Elemental, Pyrotechnics, Mt, Terramorphic Expanse, Shivan Oasis, Forest, Mt, Gruul Turf, Forest, Beast Hunt, Mask of Memory, Smokebraider, Rumbling Slum, Tornado Elemental, Forest, Taurean Mauler, Search For Tomorrow, Verdant Force, Hull Breach, Living Hive, Explosive Vegetation
Exile:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mooseman: 20 (Zombie Empire)
Library: 49
Battlefield:

(UTTT) Swamp x4

(U) Festering Goblin (Zombie Goblin, 1/1, When Festering Goblin is put into a graveyard from play, target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.)
(S) Phyrexian Ghoul (Zombie, 2/2, Sacrifice a creature: Phyrexian Ghoul gets +2/+2 until end of turn.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep - mill Myr Enforcer, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Beseech the Queen, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Phyrexian Arena

Draw

Cadaverous Knight

Done

Command Zone:
[

Battlefield:

(T) (T) (T) (U) Mountain x4

(T) Duergar Hedge-Mage (2/2, when ~enters the battlefield, if you control two or more Mountains, you may destroy target artifact, when ~ enters the battlefield, if you control two or more Plains, you may destroy target enchantment)
(S) Flametongue Kavu (4/2, when ~ enters the battlefield, it deal 4 damage to target creature)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Boros Garrison, Boros Garrison, Goblin Offensive, Lightning Helix, Order//Chaos, Rolling Thunder, Congregate, Glory of Warfare, Rorix Bladewing
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(S) Arsenal Thresher (6/6; ~ etb with a +1/+1 counter for each other artifact I reveal from my hand as it etb.) *4 +1/+1 counters*

Graveyard: Seat of the Synod, Master of Etherium, Silver Myr, Plains, Loxodon Warhammer, Skeleton Shard, Mountain, Great Furnace, Sarcomite Myr, Forest, Bosh (Iron Golem), Seat of the Synod
Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2

(U) Bogardan Firefiend (2/1; When ~ is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, it deals 2 dmg to target creature)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Rockslide Elemental, Pyrotechnics, Mt, Terramorphic Expanse, Shivan Oasis, Forest, Mt, Gruul Turf, Forest, Beast Hunt, Mask of Memory, Smokebraider, Rumbling Slum, Tornado Elemental, Forest, Taurean Mauler, Search For Tomorrow, Verdant Force, Hull Breach, Living Hive, Explosive Vegetation
Exile:

Battlefield:

(UTTT) Swamp x4

(U) Festering Goblin (Zombie Goblin, 1/1, When Festering Goblin is put into a graveyard from play, target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.)
(S) Phyrexian Ghoul (Zombie, 2/2, Sacrifice a creature: Phyrexian Ghoul gets +2/+2 until end of turn.)
(S) Cadaverous Knight (Knight, 2/2, Flanking. 1BB: Regenerate)

Graveyard: Myr Enforcer, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Beseech the Queen, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Phyrexian Arena
Exile:

Last edited:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Your library's 39, right?
Well, I made no effort to count it last night, but it looks like it should be 38 based on this board state (5 cards in hand, 5 cards on battlefield, 12 cards in graveyard, 60 - 12 - 5 -5 = 38). Can double-check that when I get home...

Melkor

I notice Spiderman and Mooseman didn't even use their free Planar Dies, I guess they just want to mill everything away.

Untap, Upkeep (mill Mountain, Furnace of Wrath, Lightning Helix, Ceradon Yearling, Relic of Progenitus, Arc Lightning, Mountain, Boros Guildmage, Akroma's Vengeance, Mountain), Draw

Plains, Roll Planar Die: Nothing, Roll Planar Die: Nothing, done

Command Zone:
[

Library: 27
Battlefield:

(T) (U) (U) (U) Mountain x4
(U) Plains x1

(U) Duergar Hedge-Mage (2/2, when ~enters the battlefield, if you control two or more Mountains, you may destroy target artifact, when ~ enters the battlefield, if you control two or more Plains, you may destroy target enchantment)
(U) Flametongue Kavu (4/2, when ~ enters the battlefield, it deal 4 damage to target creature)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Boros Garrison, Boros Garrison, Goblin Offensive, Lightning Helix, Order//Chaos, Rolling Thunder, Congregate, Glory of Warfare, Rorix Bladewing, Mountain, Furnace of Wrath, Lightning Helix, Ceradon Yearling, Relic of Progenitus, Arc Lightning, Mountain, Boros Guildmage, Akroma's Vengeance, Mountain
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp

Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UTTT) Swamp x4

Graveyard: Myr Enforcer, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Beseech the Queen, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Phyrexian Arena
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, roll the planar die, blank, roll the planar die, CHAOS. Mill Spiderman for 10. Vedalken Engineer, done.

Command Zone:
[

Battlefield:

(U) Plains x1

(U) Duergar Hedge-Mage (2/2, when ~enters the battlefield, if you control two or more Mountains, you may destroy target artifact, when ~ enters the battlefield, if you control two or more Plains, you may destroy target enchantment)
(U) Flametongue Kavu (4/2, when ~ enters the battlefield, it deal 4 damage to target creature)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Boros Garrison, Boros Garrison, Goblin Offensive, Lightning Helix, Order//Chaos, Rolling Thunder, Congregate, Glory of Warfare, Rorix Bladewing, Mountain, Furnace of Wrath, Lightning Helix, Ceradon Yearling, Relic of Progenitus, Arc Lightning, Mountain, Boros Guildmage, Akroma's Vengeance, Mountain
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(U) Arsenal Thresher (6/6; ~ etb with a +1/+1 counter for each other artifact I reveal from my hand as it etb.) *4 +1/+1 counters*
(S) Vedalken Engineer (1/1; T: adds CC to my mana pool that can only be spent to cast artifacts or activate abilities of artifacts.)

Graveyard: Seat of the Synod, Master of Etherium, Silver Myr, Plains, Loxodon Warhammer, Skeleton Shard, Mountain, Great Furnace, Sarcomite Myr, Forest, Bosh (Iron Golem), Seat of the Synod, Leaden Myr, Qumulox, Myr Enforcer, Pentad Prism, Tree of Tales, Plains, Mountain, Thirst for Knowledge, Pentavus, Iron Myr
Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Rockslide Elemental, Pyrotechnics, Mt, Terramorphic Expanse, Shivan Oasis, Forest, Mt, Gruul Turf, Forest, Beast Hunt, Mask of Memory, Smokebraider, Rumbling Slum, Tornado Elemental, Forest, Taurean Mauler, Search For Tomorrow, Verdant Force, Hull Breach, Living Hive, Explosive Vegetation, like 20 more cards!
Exile:

Battlefield:

(UTTT) Swamp x4

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wheee! Milled cards are listed after Explosive Vegetation (the 10 from Oversoul and the 10 during my upkeep)

Untap, upkeep (mill 10), Draw

Savage Twister for 4
When my Firefiend goes to the graveyard, it'll finish off Oversoul's Thresher.

Done

Command Zone:
[

Battlefield:

(U) Plains x1

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Boros Garrison, Boros Garrison, Goblin Offensive, Lightning Helix, Order//Chaos, Rolling Thunder, Congregate, Glory of Warfare, Rorix Bladewing, Mountain, Furnace of Wrath, Lightning Helix, Ceradon Yearling, Relic of Progenitus, Arc Lightning, Mountain, Boros Guildmage, Akroma's Vengeance, Mountain, Duergar Hedge-Mage, Duergar Hedge-Mage
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp

Graveyard: Seat of the Synod, Master of Etherium, Silver Myr, Plains, Loxodon Warhammer, Skeleton Shard, Mountain, Great Furnace, Sarcomite Myr, Forest, Bosh (Iron Golem), Seat of the Synod, Leaden Myr, Qumulox, Myr Enforcer, Pentad Prism, Tree of Tales, Plains, Mountain, Thirst for Knowledge, Pentavus, Iron Myr, Arsenal Thresher, Vedalken Engineer
Exile:

Library: 4
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Rockslide Elemental, Pyrotechnics, Mt, Terramorphic Expanse, Shivan Oasis, Forest, Mt, Gruul Turf, Forest, Beast Hunt, Mask of Memory, Smokebraider, Rumbling Slum, Tornado Elemental, Forest, Taurean Mauler, Search For Tomorrow, Verdant Force, Hull Breach, Living Hive, Explosive Vegetation, Blaze, Flamekin Harbinger x2, Fertilid, Smokebraider, Cinder Elemental, Mt, Branching Bolt, Relentless Assault, Assault//Battery, Mt, Tribal Unity, Forest x2, Mt, Forgotten Ancient, Forest, Rockslide Elemental, Bogardan Rager, Gruul Turf, Savage Twister, Bogardan Firefiend

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UTTT) Swamp x4

Graveyard: Myr Enforcer, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Beseech the Queen, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Phyrexian Arena, Festering Goblin, Cadaverous Knight
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU
Mill:
Beacon of Unrest, Leechridden Swamp, Undead Warchief, Cruel Revival, Swamp, Swamp, Noxious Ghoul, Syphon Mind,
Consume Spirit, Ascendant Evincar

Draw
Shepherd of Rot

Done

Command Zone:
[

Battlefield:

(U) Plains x1

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Boros Garrison, Boros Garrison, Goblin Offensive, Lightning Helix, Order//Chaos, Rolling Thunder, Congregate, Glory of Warfare, Rorix Bladewing, Mountain, Furnace of Wrath, Lightning Helix, Ceradon Yearling, Relic of Progenitus, Arc Lightning, Mountain, Boros Guildmage, Akroma's Vengeance, Mountain, Duergar Hedge-Mage, Duergar Hedge-Mage
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp

Graveyard: Seat of the Synod, Master of Etherium, Silver Myr, Plains, Loxodon Warhammer, Skeleton Shard, Mountain, Great Furnace, Sarcomite Myr, Forest, Bosh (Iron Golem), Seat of the Synod, Leaden Myr, Qumulox, Myr Enforcer, Pentad Prism, Tree of Tales, Plains, Mountain, Thirst for Knowledge, Pentavus, Iron Myr, Arsenal Thresher, Vedalken Engineer
Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Rockslide Elemental, Pyrotechnics, Mt, Terramorphic Expanse, Shivan Oasis, Forest, Mt, Gruul Turf, Forest, Beast Hunt, Mask of Memory, Smokebraider, Rumbling Slum, Tornado Elemental, Forest, Taurean Mauler, Search For Tomorrow, Verdant Force, Hull Breach, Living Hive, Explosive Vegetation, Blaze, Flamekin Harbinger x2, Fertilid, Smokebraider, Cinder Elemental, Mt, Branching Bolt, Relentless Assault, Assault//Battery, Mt, Tribal Unity, Forest x2, Mt, Forgotten Ancient, Forest, Rockslide Elemental, Bogardan Rager, Gruul Turf, Savage Twister, Bogardan Firefiend

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUTT) Swamp x4

(U) Phyrexian Ghoul (Zombie, 2/2, Sacrifice a creature: Phyrexian Ghoul gets +2/+2 until end of turn.)
(U) Shepherd of Rot (Zombie Cleric, 1/1, T: Each Player loses 1 life for each zombie on the Battlefield)

Graveyard: Myr Enforcer, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Beseech the Queen, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Phyrexian Arena, Festering Goblin, Cadaverous Knight, Beacon of Unrest, Leechridden Swamp, Undead Warchief, Cruel Revival, Swamp, Swamp, Noxious Ghoul, Syphon Mind,
Consume Spirit, Ascendant Evincar
Exile:

Melkor

Untap, Upkeep (Plains, Lightning Helix, Mountain, Reckless Charge, Boros Signet, Plains, Plains, Soul Warden, Battlegate Mimic, Cone of Flame), Draw

Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion, Roll Planar Die: Nothing, Roll Planar Die: Nothing, Roll Planar Die: Nothing, Roll Planar Die: Chaos - Mooseman mills 10, done

Command Zone:
[

Library: 16
Battlefield:

(T) (T) (T) (T) Mountain x4
(T) (T) Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion x2
(U) Plains x1

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Boros Garrison, Boros Garrison, Goblin Offensive, Lightning Helix, Order//Chaos, Rolling Thunder, Congregate, Glory of Warfare, Rorix Bladewing, Mountain, Furnace of Wrath, Lightning Helix, Ceradon Yearling, Relic of Progenitus, Arc Lightning, Mountain, Boros Guildmage, Akroma's Vengeance, Mountain, Duergar Hedge-Mage, Flametongue Kavu, Plains, Lightning Helix, Mountain, Reckless Charge, Boros Signet, Plains, Plains, Soul Warden, Battlegate Mimic, Cone of Flame
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp

Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2

Exile:
Library: 17
Battlefield:

(UUTT) Swamp x4

(U) Phyrexian Ghoul (Zombie, 2/2, Sacrifice a creature: Phyrexian Ghoul gets +2/+2 until end of turn.)
(U) Shepherd of Rot (Zombie Cleric, 1/1, T: Each Player loses 1 life for each zombie on the Battlefield)

Graveyard: Myr Enforcer, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Beseech the Queen, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Phyrexian Arena, Festering Goblin, Cadaverous Knight, Beacon of Unrest, Leechridden Swamp, Undead Warchief, Cruel Revival, Swamp, Swamp, Noxious Ghoul, Syphon Mind,
Consume Spirit, Ascendant Evincar, Cadaverous Knight, Innocent Blood, Dark Ritual, Undead Warchief, Withered Wretch, Swamp, Death Baron, Swamp, Swamp, Syphon Soul
Exile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Into the GY: Cadaverous Knight, Innocent Blood, Dark Ritual, Undead Warchief, Withered Wretch, Swamp, Death Baron, Swamp, Swamp, Syphon Soul

Melkor

Why Spiderman and Mooseman aren't using their free planar die rolls continues to confuse me since I last commented on it

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I wanted to see everyone else get milled too. I didn't expect to get hit with two chaos rolls as well :rolleyes: :LOL:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Why Spiderman and Mooseman aren't using their free planar die rolls continues to confuse me since I last commented on it
Mooseman's deck does have some graveyard-based stuff that mitigates the dangers of milling his library and even Beacon of Unrest to synergize with opponents being milled. I'd personally still elect to roll the planar die when piloting that deck (even if you do planeswalk, you planeswalk to one of your own planes anyway, which should be good for you). But I can at least see a potential idea there. Kind of. If I squint...

Nah. I'm as bewildered as Melkor. :unsure: