White Blue control

F

FoundationOfRancor

For the new type II! Any suggestions? Comments? Thoughts?

Lets discuss.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I think some cards involved:

Absorb!!!!!
Counterspell
Hannah
The 2/2 pro from red (Ponza)
Blinding Angel
Disenchant
Teferies Moat

Im just throwing out ideas..I tried a decklist and it failed. Miserably. Suggestions?

P

plaguelord2000

you want a good white deck well heres one by a close freind who came in second at a ptq. but i add a few things its 663 cards but you can take them out they have these next to them
(*) i updated to the new T2
i took out to luitenits and added a falcon lin sivvi and the queens and a blinding angle

Joshua Woodworth
creatures 24
4 Ramosian Sergeant
4 Steadfast Guard
4 Fresh Volunteers
2 Defiant Falcon
4 Chimeric Idol
3 Mageta the Lion
*1 lin sivvi
*2 jhavall queen
* blinding angle
other 15
4 Ramosian Rally
4 Cho-Man's Blessing
2 Disenchant
2 Seal of Cleansing
2 Parallax Wave
1 Reverent Mantra

lands 23
2 Kor Haven
1 Rath's Edge
20 Plain

Sideboard:
4 Story Circle
4 Defender's en-Vec
2 Disenchant
2 Afterlife
1 Seal of Cleansing
1 Blinding Angel
1 Reverent Mantra

this deck is control and realy fun and realy takes time to learn

T

Thrash Golem

plaguelord.. that deck is called "rebels", not hard to learn.. not control eithe, just uses creature advantage/weenie rush

NEways, i'd just not play white blue in the invasion environment.

foundationofrancor - the 2/2 pro red can be killed by chimeric idol

D

Duel

the deck will not work in invasion, too easy for black-red to handle. even with protected creatures.

how about Armored Guardian?
3WU
2/5
1WW: Target creature you control gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn
1UU: Armored guardian can't be the target of spells or effects until end of turn

Galina's Knight, maybe? 2 for a 2/2....

Blind seer (Fantastic card!)
Used with
Obsidian acolyte
Protective Sphere

Sway of illusion w/ Wash out?

Alabaster leech (first turn 1/3? Hell yes!)

Holy Day

Hannah (A must have)

Collective Restraint (4 mana propaganda?)

D

Duel

Yeah. Muzzle, pacifism, arrest, and cessation can make for a slow game. I played Nanokill's rapid angel deck with a deck using those. It went somehting like this:

Him:Cast blinding angel
Me: Muzzle it
Him: Cast Serra Angel
Me: Pacifism it
Him: Cast Radiant
Me: Arrest it
Him: Dammit! Cast Serra!
Me: Pacifism it
Him: Dammit dammit! Cast Blinding angel!
Me: Cessation it
Him: Dammit Dammit Dammit!

He eventually won, but it was fun while it lasted.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I could just see your opponent "using" a Ring of Ma'Ruf to get a Tranquility or something... forget about the mana cost... :)

Z

Zadok001

Well, I think Wrath of God makes a shoo-in for a new Type 2 U/W control deck. Mageta for a kill, Blinding Angels on the side... Countermagic in several varieties. :) Kor Haven fits the deck perfectly, and then there's Disenchant...

G

Gizmo

Hey, I was just about to start a new thread on this very subject.

COUNTERWRATH 2000
by ME!

4 Prohibit
4 Counterspell
4 Absorb
3 Thwart
2 Foil

2 Disenchant
1 Dismantling Blow

3 Afterlife
4 Wrath Of God
3 Dominate

4 Air Elemental/Blinding Angel
2 Bribery

1 Kor Haven
2 Coastal Tower
4 Adarkar Wastes
7 Plains
10 Island

Now this thing is missing a few things:
1. Card drawing. Quite important this, it needs something like 4 Acc.Knowledge or a couple of Tomes. Actually the new Rebel guy with U3: Draw a Card is better than Tome because I have no Disenchant targets in here.

2. Mageta, although I wouldn`t go overboard here - two at most.

3. I`m not sure if I`d rather race my opponent over 5 turns (Air Elemental) or not race him over 10 turns (Blinding Angel) I leave that to you.

What do you think? Might not like Chimeric Idols though.

P

Purple_jester

You could try this:

Mana (25):
4 Adarkar Wastes
4 Coastal Tower
5 Plains
5 Island
2 Kor Haven
4 Rishadan Port
1 Dust Bowl

Creatures (15):
1 Hannah
2 Mageta
4 Rishadan Airship
4 Blinding Angel
4 Chimeric Idol (they're technically creatures, okay)

Spells (20):
4 Counterspell
4 Absorb
4 Topple
2 Wax/Wane
2 Disenchant
1 Death or Glory
1 Wash Out
2 Parallax Wave

It's just an idea, sort of a UW variation of the Mageta-Angel concept. See if it needs tweaking, as it probably does. This deck is totally focused on gettng the best out of Blinding Angel and Rishadan Airship. Don't crucify me if my ideas suck, okay? At least I gave you some ideas based on your original desire to play U/W. ;)

R

rkoelsch

The Idols are good. And the main reason they worked with blue in block was because blue was mostly monoblue and could play the ACC for counterspells. Look at Gizmo's deck it only has 10 islands what are the chances you are going to have 3 to return to your hand. I think the new U/W control will have to hard cast its counters. I still need to peruse the official spoiler some more but I am definitely going to try to build a U/W control. Good luck

G

Gizmo

Yeah, I want 11 Islands minimum and DO expect to hard cast Thwart most times, but sometimes you`ll be glad you can Thwart to protect something. Besides, what are the options?

R

rkoelsch

This is why I am not sure U/W will be viable. Another component of the old blue white control Sword to Plowshares doesn't have a decent replacement. I think you could make a deck but I just don't think it will have the solid answers of the older decks.

G

Gizmo

Hopefully with the fast decks on the wane the fact we have no Swords isn`t a problem. And you haev to remember that in the Invasion/MBC/6th format a card that says 'UU2: Counter target spell' is likely to be more than good enough.

It obviously won`t be a patch on CounterPost, but then it doesn`t need to be.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I had such a long and entertaining post about this decktype when my computer crashed! NOOooOoOOOOO!OO!O!O Arg!
Well, ill just say one thing that I thought was crucial;

1) I think adakar wastes should be cut down 2 and we should add 2 more coastal towers. If disrupt is used, I think the original combination works fine.

2) I think this deck should be based moslty on blue (So to use foil and thwart to their full power), which means the kill card will most probablly be blue. Suggestions? comments? Thoughts?

D

Duel

Tower drake may be the best choice for agressive card in a white-blue deck
2U
2/1
Flying
w: +0/+1