Desecrated Tomb

Oversoul

The Tentacled One

Is it just me, or does this automatically trigger on its own bats? Did WotC screw up again the way they did with Hostage Taker? You know: creature leaves your graveyard somehow, bat comes out, sac bat to Altar of Dementia, bat disappears from your graveyard (because it's a token), Desecrated Tomb triggers, bat comes out, sac bat to Altar of Dementia, bat disappears from your graveyard (because it's a token), Desecrated Tomb triggers, bat comes out...

If they have to issue some post-print erratum to block that loop, then that's got to be embarrassing, right? But if the answer is something like "bats ceasing to exist doesn't count as them leaving the graveyard" then that's going to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Tokens aren't "Creature Cards" so I think they are alright
I seriously reread it the same way twice just now because of that hideous iridescent watermark thing. Kept not seeing "cards" because it was on the other side of that shiny mess.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
But anyway, not to change the subject to the watermark (which is very ugly), and focusing on the card itself...

I guess it has to not work on any tokens in order not to be clunky, but that means in order to get value out of it, we have to either have lots of creatures leave our graveyard or we have to have the same creature do it many times. A 1/1 flying token isn't that impressive. Maybe some sort of loop with Gravecrawler? Seems like this thing is pretty much trash outside of something very dedicated, but it's an unusual effect, so I'm not sure.

P

Psarketos

Seems like a thrice as expensive Altar of the Brood, definitely.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I mean, I've played with Altar of the Brood and obviously haven't played with this new card yet, but Altar of the Brood seems way more potent. Token generators have proven themselves as some of the most powerful cards in the game, but I suspect you have to jump through too many hoops on this one. Exploiting Altar of the Brood might be comparatively easy.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hahahahahaha. Looks like someone came up with a new version of the infamous "Four Horsemen" deck using this card. The "Horsemen" in this case being...

So that's five cards instead of four. And you don't have a way to recycle your own Narcomoebas. So it's probably not showing up in tournaments, but it's a fun combo anyway.