Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Next turn...

-The Power Phase is 5.
-Jekaena continues to struggle in vain against the webbing.
-Tomas casts Life Force on Dorgath.
-Dorgath clobbers the last gigantic spider as soon as Throg's ice prison on it wears off.
-Kelgar blesses Tomas (21/21) and Carrow (12/17) with Power of Sigmar.
-Life Force fully heals Carrow.
-Throg is still munching on a spider.
-Gold to be distributed...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty helps Dorgath while the healers top us all off again, then I reckon we move on...:)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath and Ty manage to pull Jekaena free from the webbing. In the process of pulling on spider webs, they find an old item tangled in the fibers...

Amulet of Fury (Glory!): Allows the wearer to attempt to cast the "Glory!" spell. When making the attempt roll a D6 and add the warrior's level. If the result is greater than 7, the spell is cast and the amulet disintegrates. If the result is 7 or less, the attempt fails and the amulet cannot be used again for the rest of the turn. Alternatively, if the warrior that takes the amulet is a Wizard, then the amulet disintegrates and automatically teaches the Wizard the "Glory!" spell. Worth 200 gold.

The spell costs 7 Power and gives all Warriors +1 Attacks for a turn.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As Rokapoke is still absent, I'll agree on his behalf. Tomas learns a new spell...

You pass through an open, airy section of the canopy. As you enter denser foliage, the woods suddenly become silent, then an eerie, chilling breeze whistles around you. Revaethan shouts, "Branchwraiths! Look out..."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The branchwraiths advance...

BBBB
- - - -
- - - -
-TD-
-OJY
RKC

-The Power Phase is 6 for this turn.
-Throg gains +3 Initiative and may cast the Lifestealer spell this turn.*
-Ty gets confused and may not perform any actions this turn.

*Lifestealer: This spell allows the Chaos Warrior to steal Wounds from nearby monsters and use them to heal himself and his companions. Each monster adjacent to the Chaos Warrior suffers 1D6 Wounds with no modifiers for anything. These Wounds may then be distributed to heal the Warriors as you see fit.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Bah, I had really wanted to get back to this on the weekend and had a few other things come up unexpectedly. Bumping to be sure I see it later today. I won't be posting here or on the other forum games until I get home tonight, but I'll be sure to check all of them then. :oops:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Dorgath becomes terrified of wraiths (yes, his axe helps him resist it, but it wasn't enough this time). He gets -2 to hit them this combat.
-Carrow becomes terrified of wraiths. He gets -2 to hit them this combat.
-Kelgar becomes terrified of wraiths. He gets -2 to hit them this combat.
-Tomas becomes terrified of wraiths. He gets -2 to hit them this combat. His offensive spells targeting wraiths cost +2 Power.
-Tomas casts Glory! The Warriors all get +1 Attacks this turn.
-Tomas casts Rebound on Dorgath.
-Jekaena casts Lightning Bolt on Branchwraith #1 (23/30 Wounds).
-Jekaena casts Invisibility on herself. She can no longer attack or be attacked for the rest of the turn.
-Kelgar blesses Revaethan and Carrow with Vanquish. They gain +1 Attacks this turn.
-Throg hypnotizes Branchwraith #2. It loses all of its attacks for the turn.
-Throg's ice missile flies off into the forest somewhere.
-Throg advances and hacks at Branchwraith #1, but his axe seems to pass through it without damaging it.
-Throg loses his balance.
-Throg swings and misses.
-Throg chops Branchwraith #1 (18/30).
-Throg kicks at his foe, but fails to connect.
-Throg rips at Branchwraith #1 with his claws (14/30).
-Carrow can't concentrate while aiming at his spooky targets, so his aim fails him.
-Carrow shoots again and misses all of the monsters.
-Carrow fires another flaming arrow into woods.
-Carrow repeats his past performance. The branchwraiths cackle at him.
-Revaethan charges Branchwraith #1 and slices through it (7/30).
-Revaethan cuts his foe again (2/30).
-Revaethan's sword passes through his ethereal target.
-Revaethan again slashes through the branchwraith without damaging it.
-Tomas and (invisible) Jekaena, the spellcasters, wait to see how the rest of the party move before they advance to take up any of the space fighting branchwraiths.
-Dorgath bulls ahead, despite his terror, and unleashes a huge blow of his axe, right down the middle of Branchwraith #3 (20/30).
-Dorgath accidentally pokes himself with the butt of his axe.
-Dorgath lands another hit on Branchwraith #3 (15/30).
-Dorgath kicks, but his opponent easily evades it.
-Dorgath punches Branchwraith #3 into oblivion.
-With one branchwraith down, Dorgath turns to a new opponent (Branchwraith #4) and tries another gauntlet attack. It doesn't connect.
-Dorgath unleashes one more gauntlet attack, striking Branchwraith #4 (17/30).

Branchwraiths attack with a chilling grip. This special attack always ignores all toughness and armor. Also, a Warrior reduced to 0 Wounds by a Chill-type attack dies instantly and cannot be saved by healing spells or items (resurrection spells and items can be used to bring the Warrior back, though).

-Branchwraith #1 attempts to attack Revaethan, but the wardancer sidles away.
-Branchwraith #1 touches Revaethan (16/18).
-Branchwraith #2 is hypnotized.
-Branchwraith #2 is hypnotized.
-Branchwraith #4 grabs Dorgath (16/25).
-Branchwraith #4 attacks again, but Dorgath lunges away.

At this time, I'll allow for Tomas, Kelgar, and Carrow to reposition themselves if they would like to do so this turn, and for anyone to take any special actions they wish to before ending the turn.

Updated positions...

BB -B
RTD-
- - - -
- - - -
-OJY
-KC -

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, chilling grip is a nice ability

"Jekeana, heal me!" Dorgath strives to overcome his fear while pressing the attack.