Anyone up for Explorers of Ixalan?

Melkor

Plains, Duskbourne Skymarcher, done

Melkor: 20
Command Zone: Cannons to Port (The next time you deal combat damage to the player on your left, draw a card.)
Hand: 7
Library: 52
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp x1
(T) Plains x1

(S) Duskbourne Skymarcher (1/1, Flying, W, T: Target attacking Vampire gains +1/+1 until end of turn)

Graveyard:
Exile:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mooseman: 18
Battlefield:

(T) Crumbling Necropolis ( ETB tapped. T: Add U, B, or R to your mana pool.)

(S) Saproling creature token (1/1)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Oversoul: 18
Command Zone: Sails Unfurled (The next creature that enters the battlefield under your control enters with an additional +1/+1 counter on it, and gains haste until end of turn.)
Battlefield:

(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Spiderman: 18
Battlefield:

(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Thanks Spidey.
UUD
Swamp
Attack Oversoul with my saporling
Storm Fleet Aerialist (with a +1/+1 counter)
I will reserve the open 3 tile
Done

Melkor: 20
Command Zone: Cannons to Port (The next time you deal combat damage to the player on your left, draw a card.)
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp x1
(T) Plains x1

(S) Duskbourne Skymarcher (1/1, Flying, W, T: Target attacking Vampire gains +1/+1 until end of turn)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 6
Library: 51
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp

(T) Saproling creature token (1/1)
(S) Storm Fleet Aerialist (Human Pirate, 2/3, Flying. Raid — Storm Fleet Aerialist enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it if you attacked with a creature this turn.) ~+1/+1 cnt~
Graveyard:
Exile:
Oversoul: 17
Command Zone: Sails Unfurled (The next creature that enters the battlefield under your control enters with an additional +1/+1 counter on it, and gains haste until end of turn.)
Battlefield:

(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I will reserve the open 3 tile
Oops, my mistake. I should have noted that Spidey could/would reserve that tile (and no one else is allowed to). Reserving a tile happens when you're the one who explored the outer tile that freed it up. You can't just reserve any tile on the board whenever you want.

"Whenever your discovery would make a 3- or 6-Cost tile available, you can put your scout marker on that 3- or 6-cost tile, and claim it for yourself. Until your next turn, no one else can claim that tile. You don't have to take it either, but no one else gets a shot before you do."

I guess I didn't think it mattered on that one because Spidey only has a single Forest and I doubt that his deck would enable him to hit 3 mana and explore that tile on his next turn, so his scout marker wouldn't be relevant, but I could have been more clear about that.

Let me know if that changes anything for your turn...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Did not know about that, but yeah, I don't have enough mana to reserve it, so no change on my end.
To be clear, there's never "don't have enough mana to reserve it" because reserving it doesn't cost mana. It's just something you get when you are the one to explore the last outer tile blocking an inner tile. I'd say it's automatic, but technically it isn't. They say, "you can put your scout marker..." so that implies that you could also elect not to.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah. Probably would be more accurate to say "I wouldn't have enough mana next turn to explore it so no use reserving it", although that kind of telegraphs my hand/move... oh well. :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
There's probably some form of counterplay in this game where you could abstain from reserving a tile in order to bait an opponent into exploring it when you want a better chance for that opponent to be tapped out or something. Seems like that could be a thing, but it also seems like that level of strategy would require more familiarity with this format than we have. Also, I guess it matters that you only have one scout marker, so hypothetically if you explored a tile that freed up two different tiles, you could only reserve one of them. Anyway...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
The scout is to keep the other players from exploring tiles. It costs nothing and your scout is removed from the tile at the beginning of your next turn.
It isn't a bad idea to lessen the others chances of exploring. But you could leave it open to "slow" down an opponent from casting stuff.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Island, River Sneak. It gains haste ueot and a +1/+1 counter. Attack Melkor, done.

Melkor: 18
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp x1
(T) Plains x1

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp

(S) Storm Fleet Aerialist (Human Pirate, 2/3, Flying. Raid — Storm Fleet Aerialist enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it if you attacked with a creature this turn.) ~+1/+1 cnt~
Graveyard:
Exile:
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Forest

(T) River Sneak (2/2; ~ can't be blocked. Whenever another merfolk etb under my control, ~ gets +1/+1 ueot.)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, okay. I guess reserving it has value then.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
Prismatic Lens
Place a Scout marker on the top left blue 1 tile

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp x1
(T) Plains x1

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Forest

(T) River Sneak (2/2; ~ can't be blocked. Whenever another merfolk etb under my control, ~ gets +1/+1 ueot.)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Plains

(U) Prismatic Lens (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 1, T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(U) Saproling creature token (1/1)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Place a Scout marker on the top left blue 1 tile
The only thing I'm seeing in the rules for when the scout marker can be used is still this...

Whenever your discovery would make a 3- or 6-Cost tile available, you can put your scout marker on that 3- or 6-cost tile, and claim it for yourself. Until your next turn, no one else can claim that tile. You don't have to take it either, but no one else gets a shot before you do.

Melkor

I'd like to place a Scout Marker on every space, I'm pretty sure that's how it works

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Plains, Prismatic Lense, Vampire Interloper, done

Hand: 4

Library: 50

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp x1

(T) (T) Plains x2

(T)
Prismatic Lens
(T: Add C to my mana pool.; 1, T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(U) Duskbourne Skymarcher (1/1, Flying, W, T: Target attacking Vampire gains +1/+1 until end of turn)
(S) Vampire Interloper (2/1, Flying, ~ can't block)

Graveyard:

Exile:

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp

Graveyard:

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island

(T) Forest

Graveyard:

Exile:

Battlefield:

(T) Forest

(T) Plains

(U) Prismatic Lens (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 1, T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

Graveyard:

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Island
Dire Fleet Hoarder
Explore the tile (1) on the right of the empty sapce on the bottom
Done

Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp x1
(T) (T) Plains x2
(T) Prismatic Lens (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 1, T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(U) Duskbourne Skymarcher (1/1, Flying, W, T: Target attacking Vampire gains +1/+1 until end of turn)

(S) Vampire Interloper (2/1, Flying, ~ can't block)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp

(S) Dire Fleet Hoarder (Human Pirate, 2/1, When Dire Fleet Hoarder dies, create a colorless Treasure artifact token with "{T}, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.")
(U) Storm Fleet Aerialist (Human Pirate, 2/3, Flying. Raid — Storm Fleet Aerialist enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it if you attacked with a creature this turn.) ~+1/+1 cnt~

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile: