Archenemy: Nicol Bolas (Oversoul) vs Gatewatch (Spidey, Melkor, rokapoke)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You'd have to take over rokapoke's deck. Try contacting him via PM to see if it's ok - he may be able to hop on to reply to it. I don't think he'd have a problem with it though... if you don't get a reply in a couple days, I guess just take out the cards that you know have been played from the board state and shuffle the rest and you should be good to go :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm guessing no word... If you're still interested, I'd just pull out the cards from the board state and we can give you his hand from PMs.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, no reply at all. If I'm going to do this I'll need a copy of the worksheet we use to handle the decks, as it's been awhile since the last computer I had it on was functional. PM me his hand now though, if you would, and any thoughts you have about this turn so we can start moving things along here...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. Refreshing my memory about the game and the hands, it looks like this is near the end of the game anyway :rolleyes: Ah well. I'll see if I can include you in the "conversation" (PM) and attach the Excel worksheet that at least I use for these things.

Melkor

Yeah, sorry we did all that work to bring you in when we're just going to lose in a couple turns anyway

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think we finally have a turn...

Untap, upkeep, Draw

TomB casts Shoulder to Shoulder on the Responder and Eel and draws.
Melkor plays the Forest, triggering his Eel, and casts Hunters' Prowess on his Eel
Spidey plays Smoldering Spires targeting the Strix

Declare combat, Shaman boosts Eel
Attack Nicol with the Eel

Blocks?

Nicol Bolas, God Emperor of Dune: 36
Hand: 5
Library: 34
Command Zone: *Ongoing Scheme* Bow to My Command: Rokapoke's creatures cannot attack me or planeswalkers I control. At the beginning of my opponents' end step, they may tap any number of creatures with power 8 or greater. If they do, abandon this scheme.

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(T) Dragonskull Summit (~ etb tapped unless I control a swamp or a mountain. T: adds B or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Highland Lake (~ etb tapped. T: adds U or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Crumbling Necropolis (~ etb tapped. T: adds U, B, or R to my mana pool.) *1 Blaze counter: at the beginning of my upkeep, this land deals 1 damage to me.*
(T) Submerged Boneyard (~ etb tapped. T: adds U or B to my mana pool.)
(T) Grixis Panorama (T: adds C to my mana pool. 1,T,sac: searches my library for a basic island, swamp, or mountain and puts it onto the battlefield tapped, then I shuffle my library.)

(T) Obelisk of Grixis (T: adds U, B, or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Obelisk of Grixis (T: adds U, B, or R to my mana pool.)

(U) Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker (Roar, I am a dragon) *2 loyalty counters*

(U) Baleful Strix (1/1; Flying, deathtouch. When ~ etb, draw a card.) *Can't block this turn due to Smoldering Spires*
(T) Horror token (3/3; attacks Melkor if able.)
(T) Horror token (3/3; attacks Spidey if able.)
(T) Horror token (3/3; attacks Rokapoke if able.)
(U) Icefall Regent (4/3; Flying. When ~ enters the battlefield, tap target creature an opponent controls. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step for as long as I control Icefall Regent. Spells my opponents cast that target Icefall Regent cost 2 more to cast.) *Tapping Fiendslayer Paladin*
(S) Harvester of Souls (5/5; Deathtouch. Whenever another nontoken creature dies, I may draw a card.)
(S) Sun Titan (6/6; Vigilance; Whenever ~ ETB or attacks, I may return target permanent card with converted mana cost 3 or less from my graveyard to the battlefield.)
(S) Beast token (3/3)
(S) Bone Picker (3/2; Flying, deathtouch. ~ costs 3 less to cast if a creature died this turn.)
(S) Nightscape Familiar (1/1; Blue and red spells I cast cost 1 less to cast. 1B: Regenerate ~.)

Graveyard: Vampire Nighthawk, Lightning Bolt, Cinder Barrens, Extract from Darkness, Reckless Spite, Slave of Bolas
Exile:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Melkor: 13
Hand: 2
Library: 38
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Forest x4
(T,T,U) Island x3
(U) Woodland Stream (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G or U to my mana pool)

(T,A) Windrider Eel (3/3 from ctr; Flying; Landfall-Whenever a land ETB under my control, ~ gets +2/+2 ueot) *1 +1/+1 ctr* *Currently 10/8, trample, and has "Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I draw that many cards"*

Graveyard: Sixth Sense, Island, Scute Mob, Khalni Heart Expedition, Cultivate, Ior Ruin Expedition, Sword of the Animist, Vastwood Zendikon, Reckless Scholar, Thragtusk, Hunter's Prowess
Exile:
Spidey: 3
Hand: 0
Library: 42
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U,U,U) Mt x7
(U) Smoldering Spires (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, target creature can't block this turn.; T: Add R to my mana pool)
(T) Smoldering Spires (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, target creature can't block this turn.; T: Add R to my mana pool)

(U) Battle-Ready Shaman (2/2; At the beginning of combat on my turn, I may have target creature get +2/+0 ueot)

Graveyard: Coordinated Assault, Skaargan Firebird, Volcanic Geyser, Mountain, Chandra's Outrage, Pathmaker Initiate, Torchling, Obsidian Fireheart
Exile:
rokapoke: 13
Hand: 2
Library: 41
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x7

(U) Fiendslayer Paladin (2/2; First strike, lifelink; ~ can't be the target of black or red spells Oversoul controls) *Doesn't untap as normal for as long as I control Icefall Regent*
(U) Flickerwisp (3/1; Flying; When ~ ETB, exile another target permanent. Return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.
(U) Aerial Responder (3/4 from ctr; Flying, vigilance, lifelink) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Plains, Plains, Vizier of Deferment, Relief Captain, Anointer of Champions, Sparring Mummy, Shoulder to Shoulder
Exile: