Suddenly, I feel SO human...:)

"I am Spike, er, Tyresius...at your service. It's an honor to meet you Ariel."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Thatra resumes...

"If Novice Jekaena's story is true..."

Revaethan butts in...

"It is."

"...then these adventurers have done us a great service. They saved her life and kept the invaders from poisoning our water."

"Indeed?" Ariel descends, alongside you, touching her feet to the ground.

"Well, let's have a look at them..."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Throg, we come from very different places, but for all that, I think we're very much alike. Chaos is, in some sense, at the heart of all magic, but it manifests differently in your people than in mine. Still, we've each had our bodies augmented by this power, changed from our old form..."

She gestures at her wings.

"...and much like you, I found myself taking an unexpected path. I think your future holds many choices: great powers have taken notice of you and will seek to use you toward their own goals. You'll often find yourself at a crossroads, but know this. The most important choices you make might not be taking the side of anyone else, but acting on your own. Be bold. Be clever, and make your own path. Or be a pawn. It is up to you.

Also, if you do help rid my forest of the curse that now afflicts it, I will use my magic on your behalf."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Dorgath, our people have long been at odds, but it seems that without knowing it, you've taken the first step in reconciliation. The rift began with our cousins in Ulthuan and the matter of the Star of Dawn, which you've helped to recover. But that isn't going to be enough. Soon, if the elves and dwarves cannot mend their long-lost friendship, I fear the orcs and goblins will destroy both. Still, you came here and helped. You brought three wood elves back from our goblin-infested temple, and you brought them back alive. No one can say that you haven't been doing your part. Keep up the good work. Continue protecting my people and I'll find some way to make it up to you."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Carrow, we meet at last. Perhaps if your grandfather had never left Athel Loren, you'd have grown to be one of our finest warriors here, and none of this disaster would have happened in the first place. Protect Jekaena. She is very dear to me. Your companions can help you along the way, but ultimately, she'll need your help if she is to live."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Kelgar, your ways are strange to us, but you've helped the wood elves in their time of need and I'll not forget it. Some day, you'll find the glory you seek, and in ways you can scarcely imagine. But for now, all I can do is ask that you continue protecting your companions with your healing arts and your prowess in combat. Your foes are numerous, and the others will depend on your powers to keep them alive."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Revaethan, I've seen you before. You thought yourself beneath my notice, but you were wrong. I know that you were named as a Protector once. So now I task you with the protection of Carrow and Jekaena. Guard them with your life. Without them, perhaps without both of them, your city is lost, and the rest of the land might soon follow."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Tyresius, you are a rare sort of man to emerge from fighting pits. You come from a world of brutality and corruption, yet you are good-hearted and valorous. You remind me of another young hero I once knew, my own husband Oberon, but that was many, many centuries ago. Our wardancers trained Revaethan and made a formidable fighter out of him, but I know that he'd have fallen already but for you fighting alongside him. I've taken note of your selfless actions and I hope you'll continue to deal death to those who would harm my elves. In the future, I cannot say how near or how far, the homeland you left behind will need your help to preserve it. I sincerely hope that your efforts here help to prepare you for that battle."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Tomas, your skill in magic is considerable. When I have more time, I intend to help you achieve even greater power. The master wizards living their sheltered lives in the College of Light may shun those such as yourself who follow the path of an adventurer, but I know that by intellect and fortitude you have the potential to accomplish what they never could. Know that even if you and your companions survive here, you've already made other enemies, including someone who had a hand in this."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"So, Coril is the traitor? He is a skilled fighter, but he is not invincible. He would pose a dire threat to any one of you, but could not hope to triumph against all seven. Hunt him down and destroy him however you can."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Wait? What? Novice? Really? "
" Well, this motley band of ne'er -do-wells are get at causing chaos for our enemies and fixing, well changing things that need changed."

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg wonders how Ariel found out his real name.

"Slow down, Carrow. You're not making any sense."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
She's thousands of years old, is the avatar of a god, and was an elven archmage before all that. So she has some tricks up her sleeve. :p

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ty has a homeland? :eek:
Ty is (allegedly?) from Middenheim, which is part of the Empire, which itself is a pretty big place. To the wood elves, referring to Ty's "homeland" is ambiguous. It could mean just Middenheim or it could mean the entire Empire.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I now realize not much was done to flesh out Ty's origins, so I reckon that leaves plenty of story to be worked in as needed...;)

"Thank you for the kind words, Ariel. But as Dorgath my dwarven friend here said, we should probably make haste and get after this Coril guy. What's this Jekaena mentioned about him wanting to 'attempt a heist of an ancient artifact of great power'? Is there something like that around here? And is it vulnerable?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I can assure you, I'll be looking into that now. There are a few possibilities. I'll assemble a council in the morning to address this and I need time to assess the problem. The healers will tend to Jekaena. You should get some rest..."

The wood elves offer to accommodate the party at the temple for the night.