Archenemy: Nicol Bolas (Oversoul) vs Gatewatch (Spidey, Melkor, rokapoke)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hm, I'm not actually tapped out and manually redid all of the tapped/untapped indicators on my permanents when I updated the board, so I have no idea why I called my Obelisk tapped, but it doesn't matter anyway as I have no responses to that stuff.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD...

play Submerged Boneyard, Doom Blade the Paladin. Assuming nothing saves it, I'll cast Bone Picker and end my turn.

Nicol Bolas, God Emperor of Dune: 35
Hand: 2
Library: 43
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T) Island x1
(U) Mountain x1
(U) Highland Lake (~ etb tapped. T: adds U or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Submerged Boneyard (~ etb tapped. T: adds U or B to my mana pool.)

(U) Obelisk of Grixis (T: adds U, B, or R to my mana pool.)

(U) Horror token (3/3)
(U) Flametongue Kavu (4/2; when ~ etb, it deals 4 damage to target creature.)
(S) Bone Picker (3/2; ~ costs 3 less to cast if a creature died this turn. Flying, deathtouch.)
(S) Horror token (3/3; attacks Melkor if able.)
(S) Horror token (3/3; attacks Spidey if able.)
(S) Horror token (3/3; attacks Rokapoke if able.)

Graveyard: Swamp, Overseer of the Damned, Mountain, Sudden Demise, Bone Picker, Doom Blade
Exile:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Melkor: 20
Library: 48
Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(U) Woodland Stream (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or G to my mana pool)

Retreat to Kazandu (Landfall-Whenever a land ETB under my control, choose one-
  • Put a +1/+1 cts on target creature
  • I gain 2 life
(U) Fertilid (2/2 from ctrs; ~ ETB with two +1/+1 ctrs on it.; 1G, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from ~: Target player searches his library for a basic land card and puts it onto the battlefield tapped. Then that player shuffles his library)
(S) Forgotten Ancient (4/7 from ctrs; Whenever a player casts a spell, I may put a +1/+! ctr on ~.; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may move any number of +1/+1 ctrs from ~ onto other creatures) *4 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Ior Ruin Expedition, Vines of the Reclude

Exile:
Spidey: 20
Hand: 3
Library: 46
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,U) Mt x5

(S) Obsidian Fireheart (4/4; 1RR: Put a blaze ctr on target land without a blaze ctr on it. For as long as that land has a blaze ctr on it, it has "At the beginning of my upkeep, this land deals 1 dmg to me." (The land continues to burn after Obsidian Fireheart has left the battlefield))

Graveyard: Mountain, Pathmaker Initiate, Searing Spear, Mountain, Tormenting Voice
Exile:
rokapoke: 24
Hand: 1
Library: 48
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Plains x5

(T) Aerial Responder (4/5 from ctrs; Flying, vigilance, lifelink) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Lightwielder Paladin (4/4; First Strike; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may exile target black or red permanent that player controls) *dead?*

Graveyard: Vizier of Deferment, Doomed Traveler, Gideon's Lawkeeper, Aerial Responder
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, not the scheme, but the other ones are spells cast by a player (me). I mean, it's optional, so if Melkor would rather not elect to put counters on the Ancient... :p

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Melkor, feel free to take the counters back off if you'd prefer not to have them added. It is optional, after all... :p

Melkor

I'll choose to add the counters, but thanks for giving me the option.

Untap, Upkeep (Melkor moves two +1/+1 counters to the Fertilid and two +1/+1 counters to the Aerial Responder), Draw

First Main Phase

Spidey plays Inferno Titan dealing 2 damage to Bone Picker and 1 damage to the God Emperor (Forgotten Ancient gets a counter)

Combat

rokapoke attacks with Aerial Responder

Second Main Phase

rokapoke casts Youthful Knight (Ancient gets counter)

Melkor plays a Forest (puts counter on Knight with Retreat), and plays Rampaging Baloths (Ancient gets counter)

Nicol Bolas, God Emperor of Dune: 35 34? 28?
Library: 43
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T) Island x1
(U) Mountain x1
(T) Submerged Boneyard (~ etb tapped. T: adds U or B to my mana pool.)

(U) Horror token (3/3)
(S) Bone Picker (3/2; ~ costs 3 less to cast if a creature died this turn. Flying, deathtouch.) (Dead?)
(S) Horror token (3/3; attacks Melkor if able.)
(S) Horror token (3/3; attacks Spidey if able.)
(S) Horror token (3/3; attacks Rokapoke if able.)

Graveyard: Swamp, Overseer of the Damned, Mountain, Sudden Demise, Bone Picker, Doom Blade
Exile:
Library: 47
Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T) Woodland Stream (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or G to my mana pool)

• I gain 2 life
(U) Fertilid (4/4 from ctrs; ~ ETB with two +1/+1 ctrs on it.; 1G, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from ~: Target player searches his library for a basic land card and puts it onto the battlefield tapped. Then that player shuffles his library)

(U) Forgotten Ancient (3/6 from ctrs; Whenever a player casts a spell, I may put a +1/+! ctr on ~.; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may move any number of +1/+1 ctrs from ~ onto other creatures) *4 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Rampaging Baloths (6/6, Trample, Landfall - Whenever a land etb under your control, you may put a 4/4 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield)

Graveyard: Ior Ruin Expedition, Vines of the Recluse

Exile:
Library: 45
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T) Mt x6

(U) Obsidian Fireheart (4/4; 1RR: Put a blaze ctr on target land without a blaze ctr on it. For as long as that land has a blaze ctr on it, it has "At the beginning of my upkeep, this land deals 1 dmg to me." (The land continues to burn after Obsidian Fireheart has left the battlefield))
(S) Inferno Titan (6/6, R: ~ gains +1/+0 until end of turn, whenever ~ enters the battlefield or attacks, it deals 3 damage divided as you choose among one, two, or three target creatures and/or players)

Graveyard: Mountain, Pathmaker Initiate, Searing Spear, Mountain, Tormenting Voice
Exile:
rokapoke: 24 30?
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U) Plains x5

(U) Aerial Responder (6/7 from ctrs; Flying, vigilance, lifelink) *4 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Youthful Knight (3/2, First strike) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Vizier of Deferment, Doomed Traveler, Gideon's Lawkeeper, Aerial Responder, Lightwielder Paladin
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD...

With my amazing power to always, always, always topdeck schemes at the wrong time, this should be over pretty quickly. Attack with those Horror tokens because I have to. Blocks/responses?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
To no one's surprise the Horrors die. Island, Prognostic Sphinx, done.

Nicol Bolas, God Emperor of Dune: 28
Library: 42
Battlefield:

(U,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Island x2
(T) Mountain x1
(U) Submerged Boneyard (~ etb tapped. T: adds U or B to my mana pool.)

(U) Horror token (3/3)
(S) Prognostic Sphinx (3/5; Flying. Discard a card: ~ gets hexproof until end of turn and also becomes tapped. Whenever ~ attacks, Scry 3.)

Graveyard: Swamp, Overseer of the Damned, Mountain, Sudden Demise, Bone Picker, Doom Blade, Bone Picker
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T) Woodland Stream (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or G to my mana pool)

• I gain 2 life
(U) Fertilid (4/4 from ctrs; ~ ETB with two +1/+1 ctrs on it.; 1G, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from ~: Target player searches his library for a basic land card and puts it onto the battlefield tapped. Then that player shuffles his library)

(U) Forgotten Ancient (3/6 from ctrs; Whenever a player casts a spell, I may put a +1/+! ctr on ~.; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may move any number of +1/+1 ctrs from ~ onto other creatures) *4 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Rampaging Baloths (6/6, Trample, Landfall - Whenever a land etb under your control, you may put a 4/4 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield)

Exile:
Library: 45
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T) Mt x6

(U) Obsidian Fireheart (4/4; 1RR: Put a blaze ctr on target land without a blaze ctr on it. For as long as that land has a blaze ctr on it, it has "At the beginning of my upkeep, this land deals 1 dmg to me." (The land continues to burn after Obsidian Fireheart has left the battlefield))
(S) Inferno Titan (6/6, R: ~ gains +1/+0 until end of turn, whenever ~ enters the battlefield or attacks, it deals 3 damage divided as you choose among one, two, or three target creatures and/or players)

Exile:
rokapoke: 30
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U) Plains x5

(U) Aerial Responder (6/7 from ctrs; Flying, vigilance, lifelink) *4 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Youthful Knight (3/2, First strike) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Vizier of Deferment, Doomed Traveler, Gideon's Lawkeeper, Aerial Responder, Lightwielder Paladin
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep - Ancient puts one ctr on the Fertilid, one ctr on the Fireheart, and two ctrs on the Knight - Draw

Spidey plays Smoldering Spires, targeting the Sphinx
Responses?

Nicol Bolas, God Emperor of Dune: 28
Library: 42
Battlefield:

(U,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Island x2
(T) Mountain x1
(U) Submerged Boneyard (~ etb tapped. T: adds U or B to my mana pool.)

(U) Horror token (3/3)
(S) Prognostic Sphinx (3/5; Flying. Discard a card: ~ gets hexproof until end of turn and also becomes tapped. Whenever ~ attacks, Scry 3.)

Graveyard: Swamp, Overseer of the Damned, Mountain, Sudden Demise, Bone Picker, Doom Blade, Bone Picker
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U,U) Island x2
(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Woodland Stream (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or G to my mana pool)

• I gain 2 life
(U) Fertilid (5/5 from ctrs; ~ ETB with two +1/+1 ctrs on it.; 1G, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from ~: Target player searches his library for a basic land card and puts it onto the battlefield tapped. Then that player shuffles his library) *5 +1/+1 ctrs*

(U) Forgotten Ancient (0/3; Whenever a player casts a spell, I may put a +1/+! ctr on ~.; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may move any number of +1/+1 ctrs from ~ onto other creatures)
(U) Rampaging Baloths (6/6, Trample, Landfall - Whenever a land etb under your control, you may put a 4/4 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield)

Exile:
Library: 44
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Mt x6
(T) Smoldering Spires (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, target creature can't block this turn.; T: Add R to my mana pool)

(U) Obsidian Fireheart (5/5 from ctr; 1RR: Put a blaze ctr on target land without a blaze ctr on it. For as long as that land has a blaze ctr on it, it has "At the beginning of my upkeep, this land deals 1 dmg to me." (The land continues to burn after Obsidian Fireheart has left the battlefield)) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Inferno Titan (6/6, R: ~ gains +1/+0 until end of turn, whenever ~ enters the battlefield or attacks, it deals 3 damage divided as you choose among one, two, or three target creatures and/or players)

Exile:
rokapoke: 30
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Plains x5

(U) Aerial Responder (8/9 from ctrs; Flying, vigilance, lifelink) *6 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Youthful Knight (3/2, First strike) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Exile: