Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
From my experience with the Warhammer game app and reinforced from Oversoul's introducing it as "An Unexpected Event", it's just a random-type thing that has no bearing on the actual storyline.
Yes, but I try to keep them from clashing too badly if something else is going on. The Unexpected Event table for this dungeon is one I made myself, but I did borrow some content from the original books. The Nurgle's Rot encounter seemed thematically appropriate, but you are correct in your deduction that the placement of the plague victim was basically random. So I didn't have a clear-cut answer to whether the plague victim came through the door you now approach or the one through which you entered.

Dorgath listens at the door, checks for traps, and if he hears and finds nothing, opens it.
Dorgath checks the door for traps, finds none, and listens at the door, but hears nothing.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As the door opens, you see that this room is filled with goblins, armed and ready for a fight. Their shamans ready magic to use against you and the other goblins rally to protect the shamans.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath throws Flash Powder at the lead goblins and follows up swinging his axe in their midst, trying to make his way to the Shamans.

"More greenskins to kill!"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I think people have had plenty of time to declare their actions, but I had meant to get to this already. I probably won't be home enough in the next couple of days to do a post for combat, but it'll be sometime this week. Sorry.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty sticks his tongue out at the goblins, hoping to prompt them to do something interesting...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Soon. Soon. I keep meaning to do it, but it takes a bit of time and I manage to fall asleep when I get home from work. :oops:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The elven woman's voice echoes supernaturally through the dungeon again...

"This is Jekaena. I blocked them from getting to the fountain, but the goblins are helping them break through my defenses. Stuck here for too long. Can't think straight. Ah, got to evacuate. Please, warn priestesses. The fountain is connected to the whole water supply. Once I'm dead, they're going to taint the water with plague. Warn them. Warn them about the water. Water, water, so thirsty..."

-Tomas casts Ogre Strength on Tyresius.
-A goblin shaman casts 'Ere We Go, flooding the goblins with power. All goblins get +1 Attacks and +1 Toughness this turn.
-A goblin shaman casts Fist of Gork. Its arms become wrapped in glowing bands of power, launching bolts and hitting Tomas 5 times (-1/19 Wounds) and Carrow 1 time (14/17 Wounds).
-Tomas is on the brink of death and will need healing if he is to survive.
-Kelgar blesses Tomas with Power of Sigmar and restores some of his life (2/19 Wounds).*
-Dorgath throws a bag of Flash Powder, distracting the enemy. The Warriors get +1 Attacks this turn.
-Carrow dispatches a goblin shaman with a shot to the heart.
-Carrow draws his bow again and shoots down the other goblin shaman.
-Carrow shoots one more arrow, lodging his missile firmly in a gap in the armor of a goblin boss (2 damage).
-Revaethan charges the ranks of the goblins, slashing with his swords and striking down a goblin netter.
-Revaethan's deathblow slices through another goblin.
-Revaethan's swing goes wide a misses his next target.
-Revaethan slashes, but his target scampers just out of reach.
-Throg reaches the goblins next, swinging his axe, but overbalancing and colliding with Revaethan.
-Throg recovers and chops a goblin (1 damage).
-Throg nearly decapitates a goblin, but the monster ducks beneath his axe at the last instant.
-Throg kicks a goblin's head in.
-Throg goes in for a bite attack, but trips over his own feet.
-Throg strikes with his razor claws, severing a goblin netter's throat.
-Ty reaches the next rank of goblins, slaughtering one with his fist spike.
-Ty's fist spike brings him to the next goblin, which he clobbers furiously.
-Ty strikes down another more goblin with his fist spike.
-Ty kills the last of the ranks of the goblin netters with his fist spike, turning to face the goblin bosses behind them.
-Ty throws a knee strike at a goblin boss. The blow is deadened by the goblin's armor, but Ty's enhanced strength causes the attack to still hurt a little (1 damage).
-Ty accidentally slams into a wall while attempting another knee strike.
-A goblin boss impales Ty with a wicked-looking blade (4/15 Wounds).
-A goblin boss stabs Ty again, taking him down (-3/15 Wounds).
-Tyresius is bleeding out and will need healing soon if he is to survive.
-A goblin boss slashes at Throg, but can't land a hit on him.
-A goblin boss cuts Throg (13/19 Wounds).
-A goblin boss cuts Throg again (7/19 Wounds).
-A goblin boss viciously rushes Revaethan (14/18 Wounds).
-A goblin boss slips while swinging at Revaethan.
-A goblin boss attacks again, but Revaethan sidesteps.
-A goblin boss charges Dorgath. The dwarf is ready, but the goblin's strange sword seems to magically slip past his defenses (18/21 Wounds).
-Dorgath parries the next attack.
-A goblin boss chops at Dorgath again (17/21 Wounds).
-Dorgath trips over his own beard while preparing his Great Axe Attack.
-Dorgath hacks into a goblin boss (4 damage).
-Dorgath guts a goblin boss.
-Dorgath charges the wounded goblin boss that struck down Tyresius, hacking his foe to pieces.
-Kelgar charges the goblin boss that is fighting Throg. His hammer connects, but bounces off the monster's armor.
-Kelgar's Ring of Command increases the Strength of his attack.
-Kelgar strikes a goblin boss upside the head with a powerful blow. Amazingly, the goblin remains upright momentarily. Then it collapses into Throg.
-The power of Kelgar's Ring of Command backfires, stealing 2 Wounds each from Throg and Revaethan.
-Kelgar collects 15 gold for healing Tomas! Praise Sigmar

*I don't want to hijack Kelgar too much, but it seems like Melkor would probably have acted to heal Tomas if this had been realtime. Not sure how I feel about making that specific of a decision of the player of the character is around, but I'm also responsible for the long delay here, so I'm trying to compensate for it...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Next round...

-The Power Phase is 3 for this turn.

The only remaining goblin is a goblin boss engaged in melee combat with Revaethan. Other than the goblin and Kelgar, everyone has taken some punishment...

Throg: 5/19
Dorgath: 17/21
Carrow: 14/17
Tyresius: -3/15 ← Needs healing!
Tomas: 2/19
Revaethan: 12/18

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty will take a hit off of a Heal-Itt potion, and continue battling unless still at negative HP.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath rushes the last goblin unless he's killed before he gets to him, in which case he offers a Healing Potion to Ty or Tomas, whoever has the least amount of HPs by that time.

R

rokapoke

Tomas will cast Lifebringer to heal Ty, Throg, and himself.

If his "Power Store" refreshes in town, he will also dig into that to cast Lifebringer again with the same targets.

Melkor

No problem with the auto-healing. I'm a little unclear where I am but I'll try to heal the person(s) nearest me who are critical (Throg, Ty or Tomas, what is with you "T" named heroes?)