Invasion: Void

P

Purple_jester

Firstly, sorry FoR and Cateran Emperor, but i've been waiting for one of you to post up this card, and I can't wait anymore. Let the comments begin! I'll put in my two cents later...

Void 3BR
Sorcery Rare
Choose a number. Destroy all artifacts and creatures with converted mana cost equal to that number. then, target player reveals his or her hand and discards all cards with converted mana cost equal to the number.

Illus. Kev Walker
287/350

N

NeuroDeus

Interesting Card... It seems there are a couple of cards that relate solely to chance...

E

ErinPuff

That's a great card against weenie decks where most things cost 1 or 2...

uh-oh.. I play a lot of weenie (don't take that the wrong way..)

F

FoundationOfRancor

This card is awesome. This card will rock. Not only is this a situation wrath of god, but its a situational mind twist too. very good. I plan to play this (and obliterate?) in a new black/red control deck.

F

FoundationOfRancor

At the very least it can take down blastoderm...

D

dw51688

This card is probably going to make me make a red black deck

M

Mikeymike

The card will be huge for black. Vs. Powder Keg it loses its versatility b/c
A) Its not an artifact
B) Its gold
C) It costs 5
However, its effects are much more powerful. Don't forget Dark Ritual is still around so its 5CC isn't a big hindrance, plus invasion is giving Multicolored decks a big boost w/ the uncommons dual lands (sweeeeet!)

Think of how difficult Blastoderm, Multani, and all other untargetables (Pro red/black too) are for both colors. If one of those is out, YOU pick the Converted cost and bury them. Plus then they have to REVEAL their hand, hopefully removing another fatty or spell.

Big thumbs up, it will see heavy play in my group.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I just checked out the picture of Void at sideboard, and I have decided this is my favorite card in Invasion so far!

E

Elrond

I just looked through the Sideboard, and I like the picture.
I love the card, yet another good addition to the B/R deck I already have.

The card they're going to spotlight next sounds really cool, just because of the name Urza's Rage, can't wait to see what it does.

Once again, I can't wait for Invasion and I only have a week until the Prerelease.

T

terzarima

Man, this is a great card... but only if you play multicolour... there is a huge combo for this... get Jorael, Empress of Beasts, make your opponents lands creatures then use this and name 0 since the land-creatures have a casting cost of zero, all your opponents lands are wiped out, simple , eh?

H

Hetemti

Oh, goodie. The Phyrexians have lazers.

What's next?

Urza's 9-Iron?
Mishra's Cellphone?
Jhoria's Lim-Dûl Action Playset?

...Oh, I know...

Macintosh of Doom
(27)
Aritfact — Apple
If you have Communications Satelite and Mishra's Modem Lines in play, you may sacrifice all three to put a Macrohard token in play that has "Sacrifice Macrohard: You win the game and may keep all player's cards."
0/1

That's a Magic card...

N

NeuroDeus

Well, Magic is taking a futuristic look... Phyrexia just got it out they possess lasers and America now wants to check its silos...pffff

J

JKA2545

Wow, this card looks awesome. It's my second favorite yet, next to Skizzik. Skizzik! Skizzik! Anyways, the 5cc is a real hindrance but it's a lot better then powder keg and can wipe otu almost everything againts a weenie deck...Now that'll be fun :)

D

DÛke

...is the best set to come out in a long, long, long time...
Dang it I CAN'T WAIT!
GIVE ME SOME IVASION...I can't stand the time...I wanna fly through it...

My favorite colors and Black, and then, Blue, and I can't wait to see what the heck they have for me for my Black control deck...MMMMMMmmmm, Black/Blue control deck sounds really good right now...almost as good as the hot apple pie I'm eating:).

D

dw51688

Yeah, and it's not an expansion. It's a stand byself 350 card set. Oh the bliss, oh the rapture!

P

Purple_jester

It seems that this is one of those cards that no one doubts is powerful and well worth its casting cost. The only other revealed card that everyone agreed on was Skizzik (no, I am NOT going to repeat that word), which was red, just like half of the color component of Void. Now, is anyone out there still doubting that red's gonna make a comeback in Invasion?

This card is extremely powerful. A R/B player can even cast it as early as the third turn, eliminating a lot of the opponent's cards, especially after a first or second-turn Duress to see his hand. (I know Duress isn't going to be Standard legal by that time, but hey, I play Type Casual) :)

Looks to me like Red-Black got its own version of that other muti-colored discard nasty: Lobotomy. It kills Blastoderms, Erhnams, Hunted Wumpus, Emperor Crocodile and Darba in one fell swoop. And those irritating creature tokens are all going to fall, and that includes those infernal Squirrels! This thing's really going to do some board clearing.

N

Namielus

OMG I love this card!!!!

As you all guessed I hate creatures very much unless there mine, and this card is really really good removal.

I like where most of the power of this set is coming from...