Tiny Leaders - A Thing You Play?

W

WickedBoy6

So, my FLGS has been taken over by a very small new format. Small in both people who play it, knowledge from others, and the content itself. It's called "Tiny Leaders", a different style of EDH/Commander. Like Commander, it's a "Singleton" format with a Commander card as the deck's leader. Unlike Commander, though:
  • There are only 50 cards in a deck, including the Commander.
  • All cards MUST be CMC 3 or less.
  • Players start at 25 life.
  • It's primarily a 1v1 format.
  • The format has it's own personal banned list, found here.
Is it something people might be interested in on here? Either for playing in the "Games Run By..." forum, or just as discussion topics?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm willing to play it but have no time to think of a deck, I'd have to use a decklist already created.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I did have some interesting in building a Tiny Leaders deck, but I didn't invest the time to actually do it yet.

C

Child of Gaea

This seems like a good format to get my feet wet with after a massive absence. Do any of you guys use Cockatrice? I'd love to play some again!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's the replacement for Apprentice when it reached the max card number or something, but I just switched to Suitcase since I just use it for booster generation.

C

Child of Gaea

When I came back, Cockatrice was the only real free online way I could find to play. I don't live in an area where finding players is a reality and mtgo I can't wrap my head around. I don't want to spend thousands on something ill never hold in my hand. I have managed to get a couple Urza block matches in with a friend using Cockatrice. It works nice! Check it out at woogerworks.com