Post Quality?

J

Jaws10387

Tag Guard

I have a very strange question. Is there anyone with 300+ posts with good quality in every post? And another question: How many times do you post per day on average?

T

Thrash Golem

i post bout 6-7 times/day

most of them are just cuz im bored

Z

Zadok001

Gizmo definately ranks as such, he only posts when he has a point... Ferret, too. I think my posts have a fairly good ratio of good to bad, but I don't have a perfect record (I remember one post in particular I ended up deleting 'cause it sucked so much!).

F

Fire Slinger

I think that about 90-95% of my posting has been quality posting. I used to play in the battles, but gave up on them. Most are really dumb.

2nd question: I post anywhere between 0-10 posts a day. On average its about 4-6 /a day

C

Cerberus

I don't have the best quality in any of my posts But most of the time when I try to get my point across it is a good post I do have alot of bad posts also
I Post about 5-25 posts a day

J

JKA2545

I post whenever I can, but I always try to think of witty remarks and fail miserably:)

A

Almindhra

Er...I don't know...I'd like to think that whenever I post my post has meaning...And I think if you look at when I joined the CPA and how many posts I have, hopefully that would be in my favour...Although, most of my posts aren't about magic...

H

Hawaiian mage

I post about twice a day. Only meaningfully 1/3 of the time.
And it's good I don't post much becuase of my sig.

I

Istanbul

Well, I like to think that the majority of my posts are meaningful, and that those that aren't, are usually at least sufficiently humorous and whimsical as to make people twitch and writhe on the floor like greased weasels.

N

Namielus

Since I hit 100 making me a vet, I'm thinking that I'm gonna cut back on my posts to just add important/relavent/humorous imformation.
I was doing like 20 a day...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Though that doesn't mean there's anything especially profound in them. OTOH, I do post drivel occasionally, and I'm not above having a little fun every now and then.

I hope you all don't mind it when I do! ;)

BTW, I'm having an issue with my hard drive at the moment, so I don't know how often I'll be able to post until I get it fixed, and when I do it'll be much shorter than usual because I'll be jumping online at work here to do it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I would hope most of mine have quality. Some are one-liners, but I also usually post my thoughts on any and all issues (none have really come up recently).

As people have pointed out before when we had a discussion about what path the CPA should take, this site has a "coffee-house" feel to it so it depends on what your definition of quality is.

Most of the "battles" in the Battle Forum are not my idea of quality, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Those battling might think that my one-liners elsewhere don't count either, so it all evens out. :)

At least hardly anyone is doing what this guy on the Dojo boards always does: posts one-lines like "I agree", "right", "That deck sucks", "That's a good idea".

And Istanbul, I more shift from side to side ;)

[Edited by Spiderman on September 13th, 2000 at 07:04 AM]

A

arhar

My posts are always meaningful, except in the very beginning. (And except when I'm drunk)

I post about twice per visit.

W

Whimsical

If we're talking in-depth comprehensive posting regarding the world of Magic gaming ... then I'm afraid that my posts fall into the bad quality bunch.

I favor humor in my posts ... and since the CPA has a whole slew of creative minds more capable than mine when it comes to deck dissection and/or card rulings ... I work on the humor department instead.

I THINK my posts tend to be useful ... at the very least, I hope they elicit a laugh or two. :)

On a side note ... <glances up to near the top of the post and gasps> Did I just see mister Gizmo sir crack a joke back there? <glances outside for a dancing sun> First Mindi uses a smiley face in her post ... and now this ... <starts humming "It's The End Of The World As We Know It"> :D

R

Rando

...and I'm not sure where my posts should get catagorized. They range from solid examples of well thought-out opinion and prose.......

and the other 75% of time it's goofey, off-the-wall crazy crap. So what can I say?
(other then that this post goes into the 75% group)

E

Elrond

I try to make sure my posts make sense and have a point, so that's probably why I only post 2 or 3 times a day, if that much.