Magic Astrology

G

Gizmo

I think Whimsical would like this:

I introduce Grubwalogy, heres a preview:

"Aquarius - Astrology: Water Bearer; Grubwology: Waterfront Bouncer

Personality - You are an MBC player. You relish in the lack of broken cards and the mundane card pool. You quiver in fear as you ponder the threat of combos lurking just over the horizon, but as long as you steer clear of the Artifacts Cycle, you'll be okay. Although you're crafty and creative, you generally underestimate the world. When you begin the next block and realize that there's some broken combo involving an enchantment and Disenchant wasn't reprinted in Invasion, you'll most likely go raving mad.

This week - You will play a Rising Waters deck. You will beat Snuff-o-derm and Rebels, but you'll lose miserably to a red/black deck featuring Scoria Cats and Agent of Shauku.

Advice - This week, avoid all Gemini. Your best friend this week is Capricorn."

The rest is here:
http://www.starcityccg.com/news/Magic/Crane/000912crane.html

W

Whimsical

Sounds like a study of icky grubs ... but if you say so, mister Gizmo sir ... <steels herself and clicks on the link>

<bursts out laughing> Very nice article. I like it! :) Thank you, mister Gizmo sir for showing us this wonderful essay on humor! :)

Maybe I should open an astrology section in the clinic? Hmmmmmmmm ... ;)

C

Cateran Emperor

I guess we can get a Pro to have fun after all! j/k ;) Anything which mocks the PT players is good fun to me :D

Whimsy - Most definately put it in the clinic!

I am insulted at the Mercadian cardpool being called "mundane" though :mad:

Z

Zadok001

He didn't do Leo yet! I'm so dissapointed, I was looking forward to that... :) Or Virgo, for that matter. (I happen to have been born late on the 22nd, making my sign somewhere between the two...)

D

DÛke

You nailed it Gizmo:)!

I'm an Aqua, and I have all the personalities you mentioned, except the part about playing Rising Water deck since I hate Rising Water:)...But I do hate Blastoderms too...

Are you a psychic...
We should mentally communicate sometimes:).

J

JKA2545

I love MBC! How can the card pool be called mundane with a ton of great cards? I mean, most of the big names like the Rishadan Port and Lin Sivvi were banned, but there were still a lot of great cards:)

D

Duel

Read the article.

*sigh*
I'm gemini. I own none of the power 9. I don't WANT any of the power 9. I don't even use them on apprentice, with one exception, a deck I call "Illegal.dec" that uses 10 lotuses and 25 ancestral recalls.
On the other hand, I know the black knight quote by heart...
"Battle doesn't need a purpose, Battle is it's own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight."

I feel like a Pices, though. In fact, just this week, when asked why I play aggro-merfolk, I replied "Every color deserves a beatdown deck."

M

Multani

This is very interesting.
I still don't know a thing about zodiac stuff.
Could someone give me a chart. :D

D

Duel

the link on the first post saying "the rest is here" would probably lead to the rest. It did for me.

G

Gizmo

Part Two is now up. Apparently we are misreading it. You Magic star sign is not based on your birthdate (boo, hiss) but on what sort of player you are. What a cop-out. i`ll be reading mine as though it were my birthdate...

http://www.starcityccg.com/news/Magic/Crane/000919crane.html

Hmm, close. Interestingly I`m on the cusp of Sagittarius and Capricorn (21.12.76 the date), and it seems to work out fine for me, a Type-II Control player.

U

Ura

Wow, thats kinda cool.
I just love what he says about us leos, well, mostly at least. :)
We don't beat up on players under 18 and I think most of us love to have fun. :D

F

Fire Slinger

I'm a Saggittarius. He has me almost right. I'm a permission player. I like Theiving Magpie and love Morphlings. I like Masticores are okay. But I have never played Replenish, Bargain or Ponza. And I never will. And I usually suck at tourneys.:(