The site.. *drumroll*

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
You wanted it! You got it! The one, the only...
CPA Website PROTOTYPE!!!!!
Check it out at http://total-des.hypermart.net/cpa/site/index.html ... There's no content, so that is basically the reason why it is labeled prototype. The place where you see the hypermart banner has been devoted to ad space, but is easily removeable.

So what'cha think?

-mike
CPA Member
"Damn, I don't feel like typing this thing out anymore. So I won't."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
That's terrific, man. It looks good with the logo up like that...

TomB
CPA Member
"This is so cool!"
Flounder

B

Baron Sengir

Sweet mother of god.

I love it!

I like the black and orange-halloweenish feel to it. The site looks kick ass! Whatever the council decides on who to go with, I think this is the type of layout we should use.

I remain
The Baron
"Beast. Defiler. The source of all my pain."

N

nekrataal

I love it. Its professional and cool. Good job.

-nekrataal
"The man with no decided tag line"

K

K1

Looking good.
Reminds me of some of the better gaming sites :)
Color scheme is unique though, but in a good way. I like it

K1
"No siggy yet"

Z

Zadok001

Very nice, indeed! I'm still kinda in denial that this is really starting to work, but hey! Who am I to argue with a good thing?

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

W

Waubers

The site looks great. I was thinking maybe you could ad some animation to it to liven it up and realy catch yer eye. Can you move the ad banner abouve the logo that would look realy good then.

C

Child of Gaea

Brutal! Kudos for you and for the work
you are putting into this. I am
impressed and think that your prototype
is excellent work! Now I just can't wait
for it to be up and running.

Child of Gaea
"The harder you push, the stronger we
become"

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
To Everyone-
Thanx for all the props (wow, no slops!). It took me like 2 or 3 hours to make the graphic in photoshop, but actually putting it together in HTML was a cinch...suprisingly. I'm gonna make the "quickie news" section a little bigger.

To K1-
Actually, I kinda designed it like a game site. Kinda like a Computer Hardware site. The quickie news is like a little like AnandTech or Planet Hardware. It also looks a little similar to Planet Half-Life

To Waubers-
About animation, yes, I could do it, but I'm trying to keep file size down now. Its over 50K. Which is about 5-15 KB over what I like.
About the ads, I like having ad space built in. I could easily stick the ad on top. The reason I stuck it there, was so when we get hosted somewhere and know the exact ad size, I can do some customization.

Thanx again!

-mike

G

Genesis

The site looks OK but I suggest we use light backgrounds instead of black for easier reading. It will also help members if they want to print something from the site. Dark backgrounds and light foregrounds won't appear in printers.

Ferret

Staff member
Nice work, Ed (Mike). It makes an impact and keeps me interested to see what happens next.

I think the black background is nice, but try to make sure the foreground won't be painful (we all remember the recent changes to The Dojo...)

Pretty impressive stuff...

-ferret

"Do you have reallybig feet? If you do, does that mean you need reallybig shoes?"

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Personally, I don't seem to be affected by this, but...

Does anyone have any problems with the orange/white on black? Does it make you monitor want to explode? Speak now or forever hold you peace...

Oh, Genesis: yeah, I could use a light background, but now it would involve rebuilding all the images (which is about 15). Not to mention the black background on the logo would stick out like a sore thumb. If you wanna print stuff, I would suggest copying it to a word processor, being that it would take a long time to print out with all those images.

-mike

Ferret

Staff member
Well, normally I don't like the warmer colours. I've always prferred Blues, Purples, and Greens - but they can be too subtle and both The Dojo and Brainburst are using blue right now, so don't want to look like we're copying or anything...

I think the burning colours are pretty nifty and I like how the logo turned out. Very nice...

-Ferret

"MCMXCIX Casual Players Alliance Press Inc. All rights reserved. Unauthorised duplication punishable by dismemberment.

Have a nice day"

N

nekrataal

I think the white/orange on black is a great color scheme. Like someone above said, it gives it a cool holloweenish feeling. I really think it will let us stand out amongst the other big Magic sites.

As far as other colors go I would recommend lime green/white on black. It seems to look good for my trading site, but maybe thats just me.

-nekrataal
http://business.fortunecity.com/sorenson/279/

Y

Young Jedi

I like the website proto Ed. If I could design graphics as well as you (which I obviously can't), I'd be pretty darn happy. As for the basic layout and logo, I like it. It gives the CPA a not so casual feel with the flames and stuff.

B

bane

Seeing as you're now the web guy for the CPA, I was wonderin' if you'd like any help (you obviously don't need it though). If you wanna see a quick example of what I can do, look at topic "Check it out" in the general CPA forum...

.oO(bane)Oo.
CPA member
"He casually craves only one commodity...a role to play..."

B

bane

looks neato =]

.oO(bane)Oo.
CPA member
"He casually craves only one commodity..."