Newwave has us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zadok001

Well, the founding members took some time tonight and discussed it, and Newwave officially will host the CPA website. We believe that they made by far the best offer to us, and they are a major internet web site for Magic players, meaning we will be able to contact other players with ease.

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

D

Dune Echo

Okay, what's Newwave's address, I actually have never been there.

W

Waubers

I think that going with new wave was a mistake. I personnaly have visited their site only 3 times and I visist the dojo more than once a day. Everybody knows the dojo and most people know of new wave but never go there. Also the dojo is connected to E-league which is a very large up and comming site and haveing a link to CPA on eleague and the dojo whould be very nice. To me we should of went with the site that would of given us the most exposure not the site with the best deal.

Waubers

Teho J Dim - to each his own just don't involve me!

Ferret

Staff member
(I have GOT to get an internet connection at home SOON!!!)

Hi, sorry, I've been away, but I'm glad you went with New Wave. This morning my Hotmail account was flooded w/ email and I was afraid you might go w/ The Dojo, and that would have been a serious mistake...

Now, I like Mike, Al, and the rest of them, but what they're offering is just being part of their little happy family which means, being cast aside to their poorly kept Casual section. Already we're drawing flak for declaring ourselves there (nice retort, Tony!).

New Wave was the first to approach us, they've offered us the best deal and FULL support - not just a guest bedroom in their website...not to mention, he might get THE Jeff Donias to get us a spot in the Sideboard - an official WotC publication.

No, I'm glad we're w/ mr Doust and New Wave. I think this will make a great partnership.

-ferret

"long live the fighters!"

N

nekrataal

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting. I had a lot of bad things come up last night.

Anyway, I am really glad we went with NewWave. They seem to be the organization for us. Doust's offer was by far better than that of the Dojo's. Mr. Doust took the time out of his busy schedule to contact Baron by phone and actually talk to him. He offered everything we could have asked for and even things we wouldn't even hope for. He even will give a try at getting us in Sideboard. NewWave is even affiliated with the MagicCampus, which is a beginning/casual players site if I understand correctly. The Dojo, like Baron said, would only use our organization to boost their failing casual players section and probably wouldn't give us much attention afterward.

-nekrataal
"still no tagline..."

I

igfett

if you had seen the offers, wauber, you would choose newwave right away. they actually offered us stuff to let them host us, while the dojo was just like "yeah, we will let you be hosted by us"
the dojo gave a link to another page they had hosted recently, called charm school, an all girls magic site. when was the last time you saw a link to it on their site? we would be the same?

D

Dune Echo

Okay, we are on Newwave. SO WHAT'S THE FRIGGIN' ADDRESS FOR OUR HOST SITE? I've actually never seen Newwave, but their offer sounded so much better. I agree with the majority here.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry Dune Echo. The New Wave home page's URL is http://www.newwave.org/. I looked at it earlier tonight but they haven't posted anything about us yet, outside of the Baron's original article. They've usually got some great box prices for Magic ($63.99) and they're singles prices usually aren't too bad either!

TomB
CPA Member
"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref Tutor

S

sce

Hi !

Sorry to get my foot in this at a late time, but I just joined the CPA and thought my 2 cts might be worth big money ;)

I, personally, think the CPA is a great concept. Something to counterbalance the DCI and the big commercial guy(s). I hope to see it grow to international proportions and maybe to something a bit DCI like (bad choice of words, but you get my drift... we are at a stage were we could make a new DCI.. or is that too high a goal ? anyway..).

I, also personally, think that involving oneself with an commercial enterprise (after all.. newwave is a commercial company) is not good. It looks like choosing sides as where i would like to CPA be a independent organisation.

I know newwave will help the CPA get the attention and the web-site it needs, but I think the CPA should be very carefull an think about associating itself with ANY commercial body.

Any thoughts/comments on this ?

Sorry again for the lateness and the big foot :)

D

Dune Echo

Actually, sce, we've got Faxe (a member) from Brazil. Just look up the AD&D expansion thread CPA Issues.
Thank you igfett and TomB. I kept putting in .com instead of .org and got nothing interesting. That clears things up a little.

B

Baron Sengir

I understand where you're coming from. I too was a little leery of hooking up with a corporate website.

The simple fact of the matter is, though, that for us to achieve what we want to and still remain an organization without dues or fees is to get financial backing. I don't see how WotC will take us seriously if we don't have the money to get our message across.

That's what Newwave offers us. Not only that, but they give us some much-needed clout and influence. While thedojo may be the better known site, Newwave has offered us so much more. Besides, I think that once word spreads about our organization, who knows who the number one Magic site will be?

I remain
The Baron

Z

Zadok001

All recent posts deleted. This is an obsolete thread, aka, from the past. Since this is actually a fairly relevant peice of CPA history, I'm gonna lock this thread and let it sink back where it belongs. Please don't revive the past unless you have a reason. (No, "Just to see what happens" is NOT a reason.)

Status
Not open for further replies.