The Adventures of Wolflock Bones

K

K9Archmage

Hello everybody! This is the start of my detective series. This is #1 of the series. It does not incorporate magic yet, but #2 will have plenty of it.Man do i hate starting threads...

Background: The famous, Wolflock Bones, and his sidekick, Spottson, are both dogs. They have not cracked any mysteries, but they have cracked eggs, and possibly men with egg-shaped heads. In fact, they are amateurs, and this will be their first case, and their second brief case, and their third pair of briefs.

Wolflock: By joves, I’ve got it!
Spottson: What? Did you solve the mystery of the tied shoe?
Wolflock: No, something even better!
Spottson: What then?
Wolflock: I learned how to make an omelet!
Just then, the phone rang
Wolflock: Hello? This is Wolflock, pirate eye. I mean, private eye.
Person: Thank dog I’ve found you!
Wolflock: Do you have a case for me?
Person: Yes, in fact I do! I found your brief case!
Wolflock hangs up
Wolflock: Spottson, do you think we’ll ever get a case?
Spottson: Didn’t you lose yours?
Wolflock: AAAAAARGGGGGHHHHH! You know what I mean!
Spottson: I do? Oh, I mean, I do!
Wolflock: If we don’t get a case, we will run out of money
Spottson: Money? What money? We’re living on our parents’ money!
Just then, they heard a knock on the door
Wolflock: Who is it?
Mystery Man: Orange
Wolflock: Orange who?
Mystery Man: Orange ya gonna open the door?
Wolflock opens the door
Mystery Man: I have a case for you.
Wolflock: Hmmm.
Mystery Man: Yes, I can read your mind, Wolflock. My name is Mystery Man.
Wolflock: Really? I thought the writer just wrote that because I didn’t know your name.
Mystery Man: Well, you knew it all along! HAHAHAHA! Oh, yeah. I have two cases for you.
Mystery Man throws a brief case at Wolflock
Mystery Man: The second case I have is a mystery. I think that even you could crack it!
Wolflock: Oh, goody! A mystery!
Mystery Man: Yes, a mystery. A mystery of the ages, a great mystery that is a greater mystery than all other mysteries combined!
Wolflock: What is it?
Mystery Man: What is my name? If you guess it, then I will give you 2,000 dollars!
Wolflock: I know this! It’s Rumpelstiltskin!
Mystery Man: Nope.
Wolflock: Umm, is it Bob?
Mystery Man: Dang! How did you guess? Ok, here is 2,000 dollars. I also have another mystery for you.
Wolflock: What is it?
Bob: What is 2+2?
Wolflock: That’s simple! It is 4
Spottson: Where did you learn that?
Wolflock: Elementary school, my dear Spottson.
Bob: Why, that is absolutely correct! Here is 2,000 dollars. Now, for one million dollars, what is my last name?
Wolflock: Is it Bobs?
Bob: Is that your final answer?
Wolflock: Yes.
Bob Bobs: Why, that’s absolutely correct! Here is one-million dollars.
Wolflock: That sure was easy.
Bob Bobs: Well, not really. I will take all that back unless you solve a mystery for me.
Wolflock: Sure.
Bob Bobs: You must find my long lost pet, Hammie. He is a yellow demented weasel.
Wolflock: Sure, Bob. Do you have any idea of where he might be?
Bob Bobs: No, of course not. If I did, then why would I be here?

Any suggestions for the next one?

Hoipa

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Come on! We ALL know that the weasel's name was Ransac, or at least had a brother named Ransac.

Ransac, cpa trash man

W

Wolflock

Hi there

Hope you plan to make this character able to do magic. If you are going to use my Copyrighted stage name (which I dont mind as long as you are not getting money out of the use of it) but at least give him the ability to use illusions and magic to be able to figure out the crimes.

Regards
Wolflock

turgy22

Nothing Special
I guess we'd better stop printing and selling our "Wolflock Bones" t-shirts and hats or we're going to get sued. Or is that okay as long as he performs magic? The only reason I even visit this site anymore is to catch up on the latest Wolflock Bones stories. Without Wolflock Bones, the CPA is nothing.

Stuff like this cracks me up. A guy googles his own stage name and digs up a story on a message board written almost 11 years ago (the name of which, btw, is clearly a take on Sherlock Holmes) and not only thinks that we're infringing on his copyright, but that there's some possibility we're making money off of it. That's funny. At least I know what I'm going to title the next Werewolf game. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the time frame should have been a giveaway, but also that this came up in a Magic: The Gathering message board, not a "performing magic show" message board.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
At least I know what I'm going to title the next Werewolf game. :D
Oh yeah.

Also, you cannot copyright a stage name. That's not how copyright works. Wolflock is thinking of trademark, which still wouldn't apply here anyway. But thanks for digging up this old thread. I thought for a moment that K9Archmage had returned.

W

Wolflock

Oh Really? You cant? Try using most performers's names (WHICH ARE STAGE NAMES).

It HAS been Copyrighted since 1987.

And in case most of you were too Dimwitted to get the muessage I put up the FIRST TIME, I dont mind my name being used, I was making suggestions for the person who is writing the story.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dude, apparently the only dimwitted one is you. The original post is 11 years old, yet only *now* do you decide to post here (after obviously doing a search of some sort?) And you think he's making money off of it (or else you wouldn't have even thrown in that comment)? And apparently you don't even know what kind of website this is, but you just register and post immediately?
Relax, take a chill pill, and rest assured that the original poster is *not* making money off of your "stage name", nor has he even pursued the story even farther as there aren't any followup posts. :rolleyes:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Interesting that search of the United States Copyright Office, returns no entries for Wolflock Bones since at least 1978.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oh Really? You cant?
Yes, really. Copyright applies to "works." Things like books, songs, movies, paintings, etc. Names or logos used to distinguish the products or services of an individual or corporation do not fall into that category, but can be trademarked. It's a fairly common mistake and no one thinks you're an idiot for making that mistake. Now, mindlessly searching for uses of your stage name on the internet and throwing up posts whenever you find it, without bothering to check if it's something applicable (like maybe the fact that the person you are addressing is someone who is displayed as not having any activity here in nearly a decade) before doing so, and then following up by accusing those who correct your error as "too Dimwitted to get the muessage," yeah, that's another story.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Interestingly a search of the Trademark Electronic Search System ( USPTO) for Wolflock Bones, returns no entries.
Also, a google search of "Wolflock Bones" returns only the CPA entries.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe he's off the grid (or trying to, with this CPA result as the last one he would like "deleted").

R

rokapoke

So you're telling me that Wolflock Bones is really John Connor? Why, oh why, did they activate SkyNet?

T

train

This... is about as random as our forums can get... I believe...