What is the best deck in MBC

C

Cerberus

I have been playing Mercadian Masques block construction for awhile almost since the begining of the format and I have alwas wondered what the top decks in MBC are
So It would be realy helpful to me if you could tell me your top three choices for decks or deck ideas in MBC

C

Cerberus

Namielus by blue control do you mean waters or somthing else

C

Cerberus

I guess that is right water is the only big name contol in MBC along with Cowardice there are other odd things also but they are not common

D

Duel

Bleu control is a potential winner. If they hadn't banned sivvi, then white might have, MIGHT HAVE stood a chance. But only if blue was dumb and didn't counter the right things.

T

Thrash Golem

rising waters is the best. i think my braunza deck is up there though.. i canremove threats n stuff. anyways im off to bed see ya

P

Purple_jester

The Waters deck can win regularly even without the power of the banned Rishadan Port. Rebels, which tend to die rather quickly, lost their backup when the undercosted Sivvi was banned.

However, a lot of other blue decks were understated and could easily have been just as dominant as Waters. Why? These other blue decks, such as Jolting Cowardice and Blue Skies, shared many of the elements which freed you from the Waters mana lock: Thwart, Gush, Daze and even Eye of Ramos. In fact, I think one of the decks which made it into the Worlds 2000 MBC Top 8 was a blue deck which COMBINED Rising Waters with Blue Skies.

But, overall, the most powerful is definitely Blue. ;)

C

Cerberus

What about black/green it was the top deck in worlds MDC there also was waters, blue skys, red/green, ww rebel, and Black/white rebel

P

Purple_jester

Black-green did get a place in the MBC Worlds 2000, as did Rebel and Red-Green. However, with 4 decks in the Top 8 being Blue Skies or Rising Waters, it's obvious that blue had the better showing. Results from other tournaments would also show that blue is probably the best color overall.

I'm not saying that the other deck types are not good as well, it's just that this one seems to be more dominant. Remember, it does very well, even though a greater proportion of players choose to play some form of Rebel. If I were to pick some other deck, I'd choose either black-green stompy-slayer or white rebel.

J

JKA2545

Well, half the people I play MBC with have either a Rising waters deck or a Merc (Blech!) deck, and the rising waters beats all other mbc decks hands down.

O

Ogg

OGG NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT CURRENT TOURNAMENT CONDITIONS. OGG LIKE TO CRUSH, THOUGH. IN FACT, OGG NOW BUILD A CUTTER DECK, SO HE CAN ANNOY EVERYONE!! BWAHAHAHA! CUTTER IS EQUAL RIGHTS... CUTTER BEAT RISING WATERS!!

Ok, well, maybe not, but it's a lot of fun giving everyone else huge amounts of life! (Not a deuling deck!)

C

Chaos Turtle

I dunno about "best" but I like to play "Blue Skies."

Something about fliers...