the life of all ccgs

M

majere666

i am posting this to see if i can figure out the truth to this rumor. i heard that the new netrunner expansion which is due out sometime in nov will, based on it's sales, decide the fate for all ccgs wotc puts out. barring magic and pokemon, if the new netrunner expansion doesn't sell well, wotc is going to stop running all other ccgs. is this true or not?

W

Waubers

If this is true that means that they will ax Doomtown and L5R which have big followings and sell well. I don't think thee is much truth to that rumor.

Ferret

Staff member
Netrunner? That game's still around? What's WotC going to do next; New adventures for Star Frontiers? And they expect this to define the life of all CCG's...right.

-ferret

"Die, dead horse, DIE!"

Z

Zadok001

I haven't heard anything about that, but there ain't no way in hell WotC will drop all ccg's just because a dead game refused to be reanimated. Netrunner died shortly after it came out, and it ain't coming back. WotC knows this. They aren't dumb enough to dump other possible money makers. Oh, wait, yes they are.

And Ferret, hitting the dead animal will not do anything but break your hand. :)

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic

M

majere666

hey i like netrunner =) i started playing it when it first came out and i still do. haven't invested that much money into it, but i like the mechanics. very different from magic. i heard this rumor at a netrunner tournament where i live.