Writers Wanted

N

nekrataal

Hey all,

It seems that there will be an articles section on the soon-to-be CPA website. We are asking anyone that would like to submit a written piece to the CPA to please do so soon. That way when we open up the site we'll have a good showing of articles.

We are basically looking for anything that has to do with casual play. Here are just some of the categories we are planning on having:

DECKS -- Do you have that awesome thrull deck that only seems to win in casual games? Let us know about it here. These can be theme decks, fun combo decks, rogue decks or whatever. Just no decks to beat. :)

FORMATS -- Do you have a cool format you'd like to share with us? Maybe its an all Homelands/Fallen Empires format or one revolving around certain artists. Let us know how to play it and what it would involve.

FICTION -- Have you written an interesting Magic story? It sure is hard to find Magic stories on the internet, we would love to put some up.

ISSUES/RANTS -- Is there an issue that has been bothering you about the world of casual play? Send it here if its too much for the forums.

MISC. -- If its not in the above categories, it can go here. We'll figure it out. :)

There are really no restrictions to your article submissions. You can submit as many articles as you want and on any casual topic.

The only things we are trying to keep to a minnimum would be cursing, racial comments and anything that could be thought of as very offensive. We will do some small editing of articles if the spelling/grammer is bad, but that is about all. Make sure to use that spell check too. :)

To submit an article just send it to our official email: casual_players_alliance@hotmail.com

Make sure that the topic and title are included in the subject line. If you want your name/email attached to the article, let us know. We will try to let you know by email when your article is posted.

Thank you so much for your time and possible interest in writing. Your submissions can only make the world of gaming better for the casual players.

Again thanks,

-nekrataal

PS: If you have an idea for more topic categories or would like to become a regular writer just let us know.

Ferret

Staff member
Hmmmm, I'm inspired, but I can't submit anything before Wednesday!!! Frustration... when does the site go up? I want to have an article ready for when it does...

-ferret

"...stress...what to write...did I feed the furballs this morning?"

N

nekrataal

I'm really not sure when the site is going up, but feel free to submit whenever you have time. I know I will, I've perfected the Donate deck. :)

-nekrataal
"Wait, whats Donate do again? No, that can't be right, that cards too good!"

D

Dune Echo

Nekrataal,

I'll write. I've got some Homelands Constructed decks that actually are a bit of fun in that type of enviroment. The question is, who do I send them to? Also, I'm a great spell check/editor and I'd love to edit any articles. Some subjects that could be addressed are Chronicles II (Ferret would know about that), Waylay and similar errata, and some formats, like Tribes (a format that has only cards with one creature type in it. Anything else is pretty much allowed, but must have only one creature type in it. Or, maybe it's entirely a creature horde deck with only a certain amount of other spells in it. I'll leave that up to someone else if they're interested. If no one else writes this up, I'll do it.) That's all.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Guys,
I'd like to contribute too, but I can't promise something every week, as my only Internet access currently is through work. I was wondering something, though. Do submissions need to be in text format, or can you use something, for example, like Word 97?

TomB
CPA Member
"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Dune-
Send 'em to casual_players_alliance@hotmail.com. Feel free to spell check/edit anything we get. Just forward it to me then at bodies@rocketmail.com

TomB-
I think Word format should be ok, but then again I'm not the one editing. And you don't have to have a weekly column. You can submit stuff as sporadically as you want.

-mike

N

nekrataal

Yeah, just send them to casual_players_alliance@hotmail.com

I'll try and get some editing done today depending on how much is in the email account. Go ahead and send them in whenever, any time is fine with us.

Thanks everyone.

-nekrataal
"None today, sorry.."

W

Waubers

I am going to be sending you my favorite mulitplayer deck soon I just have to type it up. Its 80 cards but its really fun!

Waubers

"My legs, I can't feel my legs....oh there they are connected to my his silly me"

G

GeneralStamp

I would like to write deckbuilding and play variant articles. I can't gaurantee an article every week, but I'll try my best.

GeneralStamp

"One,two,three,four don't know how to count no more..."

Ferret

Staff member
Finaly got my ISP today. I'll be getting to work on an article for our website's big opening...

-ferret

"...could someone please give me a deadline? I work better under pressure..."

N

nekrataal

I edited all of the articles that have been sent in lately. I think there were about five or so. Good job on the ones I've seen so far. If you guys want to write a weekly column go right ahead. Its not like we'll be turning you away. :)

I am personally going to write on my green deck multiplayer experiences. And once school starts up, I'll have a lot more games to write about. :) It seems like the only time we can get six players together around here is during the morning before classes.

-nekrataal
"Wait, how big is that Lhurgoyf?!...54/55!?...Oh, I hate six player games!..."