Does anyone else here need a team?

W

Waubers

Hi,

I am asking a favor of anyone who isn't on a team who would like to be. My name is (Waubers duh :p) and I have been playing magic online for about 3 months. I love it but it is hard to find other people to play against who know there stuff and will help you figure out a deck. I am looking for anyone who isn't on an online team who would like to start one. The team could swap decks and since its online you wouldn't have to get cards for a deck. I am a Green/White mage normally but I like blue too. I've played about evry type ofdeck ever concieved and I know the rules pretty good so let me know.

Waubers

"Oh won't you be my teammate?"

S

sce

Hi !

Wel... I am a player since Ice Age... (like, if that says anything...) but have only been playing online for a few months, mainly drafts and USC. Only recently I am trying on the more competitive t2 / extended decks.

As long as you don't mind my in-experience at some decks or deck types, i am willing.

Maybe not as full-fledged team member yet, but i would be a great sparring partner (punching bag ;).

Regards,

Sander

W

Waubers

Sounds great I'll keep you up on an news I get. When we get enough people we can head over to e-leauge and reister a team!

Waubers

They're taking the bait ha ha ha soon I will have them all under my control.....I wonder if my voice recognition is writing this down I sure hope not.

W

Waubers

Sounds great I'll keep you up on any news I get. When we get enough people we can head over to e-leauge and reister a team!

Waubers

They're taking the bait ha ha ha soon I will have them all under my control.....I wonder if my voice recognition is writing this down I sure hope not.

N

nekrataal

Hey,

I'd love to be on your team. I started playing during Fallen Empires/Ice Age, quit, the started up again in Mirage. I've been playing casually ever since (a few tournies on the side), but I do know the rules. I might be a bit sketchy on some of the new 6th Edition stuff, but I'll catch up pretty quick.

I can share my vast knowledge of the Magic cards with you guys. I like to consider myself an okay deck builder. I usually make sure that any deck I have has a considerable amount of synergy between its cards. I even came up with an early version of Kai Budde's worlds deck without seeing any others that were out there. :)

I've never played on e-league and I'll have to redownload/relearn apprentice, but I hope to be a part. :)

-nekrataal
"We'll need a team name!"

Ferret

Staff member
Um, what will the purpose of this team be?

It would be nice if we used as a means of testing our favourite decks against each other or something, I could understand, but making a full-fledged team for purposes of competition seems to contradict the purpose of this group - or at least the Forum you're using to organise the team...

-ferret

"...Masticores, and 'Scrolls, and 'Bargains, oh my!"

W

Waubers

Its a team for play on e-leauge and over the internet. I at first thought the same thing you did but look at it this way. E-leauge has no affiliatioin with WotC. There is no entry fee. E-leauge is nice because its more about the game and how well you play, than who has the most cards like normal tournys are. I can build any deck I dream up there and try it. Its a very informal environment and the people are very nice. The main goal is to test decks and tweak eachothers decks and occasionaly play on the tourny at E-leauge. I don't think that it goes against the CPA in anyway.

Waubers

Ferret

Staff member
Then, why form a team? We all know we exist, and those of us that want to play on E-League can. We don't have to fly some banner just so we can play together...

-ferret

"...if it would only support multiplayer...and suck a little less..."

W

Waubers

jus t thought how great it would be to play at a tourny with a sliver deck. I just thought of this name Team Synergy. Anyone else have any ideas for a team name? Even if you're not interested in joining please feel free to suggest a name (nothing rude please).

Waubers

Team Synergy.....I like that now if only I was really clear on what synergy means?

W

Waubers

Ferret

If you don't like the idea of a team thats fine. I am only asking here because at least I will find people who fairly competent and who play magic for fun. With out competition magic gets very boaring (you don't start playing it to playtest by yourself). E-leauge provides solid competition on a regular basis. The point of the team is to playtest and work on deck problems together and to have people to shoot the breeze with and hash out new ideas. What's wrong with that? Having a team is just to enhance the fun of magic not undermine the whole idea that the CPA is founded on!

Waubers

B

bane

I can't play online (horrible phone charges here in Germany) but I would like to help out, maybe providing the team's web page (?) and making decks as I am quite good at that. And name the team KAN - Kick Ass Nametakers - Open a KAN today! hehe

.oO(bane)Oo.

Ferret

Staff member
I still think it's a bad idea...I've always found the best way to test my decks is to play a live human being - but I can understand how hard it can be to find one at times...to be honest, what I really hate about online playing is it's usually w/ just one person and I've never seen that as overly fun.

-ferret

"...why don't you attack him and I won't punch the 'Disk..."

W

Waubers

Bane how do you connect? If you can get service you should be able to logon to mirc. I am working on my own website right now but I am a horrible artist and I need all the help I can get. The graphics you have on your site are nice. here's a name how about KANedSynergy! Don't ever hesitate to broadcast a deck to me I am always looking for new Ideas. I just hope more people want to join. This is looking promising though.

Waubers

HA HA HA they're falling for it Man are they gullible ..... is that voice regocnition STILL on, oh damn

W

Waubers

I totally see your point. I've heard rumors that WotC's new MAgic computer game will support multiplayer but I don't feel like coughing up $50 to get it. I have done online multiplayer games but are they ever tough. We used AOL instant messenger and apprentice but it was hard! That is part of the reason for me wanting a team is so we can look over the games we play seperatly and see the errors we made. I really wish Dragonstar would come out with multiplayer. Think how popular it would be and how many more people would do it. Ahwell such is life. I online play alot because by me there is one shop which is 25 minutes away and a crappy one 20 miutes away and it's been invaded with pokekids so none of the good players show up anymore. I just hate never being able to play anyone except for those 20 min. after school. I hope you see why I want a team and I hope you see the virtue of it.

Waubers

"cause if I attack him he will bolt my hippy"

Z

Zadok001

On the issue of a team: I see no problem. I am currently a part of a small, very disorganized 5 man team here in Oregon, we couldn't win a tourney to save our lives, but hey! I admit playing online isn't half the fun of playing in a 5 player I'm-gonna-Donate-my-Illusions-to-you-and-Flicker-it-and-Donate-it-to-you! multiplayer free for all, but it's a great place to get feedback on deck designs. And, as a casual player, my decks usually needs that feedback (because they _suck_) more than tourney-tested decks. Hell, my Donate deck improve 10 fold after a few days on online playtesting.

I'd rather not play online constantly, but I'd be more than happy to help with deck designs, and play occassionally. Count me on as a casual (how appropriate) member of the team. Good luck, and peace.

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

W

Waubers

If anyone has questions pertaining to this thread diredt them here to my email address:
waubers@excite.com

Thanks

N

nekrataal

Did anyone else have a problem downloading apprentice? I downloaded it all right, but when I open it and click install it says that the zip files cannot be found? :( If anyone has an idea of whats going on with that please email me. Thanks. :)

-nekrataal
"Damn! 20 minutes of downloading and it doesn't even work!...Guess its back to real magic with me..."

B

Baron Sengir

David Doust said that we could have Apprentice on our website. Hang on to those online league ideas, guys. You may be able to do them on the CPA website.

B

bane

Waubers,,,,I can get on mIRC but I can't stay on long due to the large cost of bein online over here. We have to pay by the minute over here. It cost about 25 dolars for 20 hours of online time. I only get 10 hours because my dad gets the other 10. Oh well, I heard a rumor that AT&T is going to step in over here and provide free local calls like in the states. And I'll be glad to help ya but won't really be able to participate in the tourneys as they last several hours...

.oO(bane)Oo.

W

Waubers

I better start wrighting some of this down jeez! Glad to have ya. The more people the better Tonight should be interesting since more people will se this. I think the playing team should probably only be 5-7 people. I will mail everyone who is interested in participating in the tournaments and then we can decide on a team name and then register. If no one minds I'll be the captain and take care of all the BS involved with registering. We probably shouldn't plan on participating in any toury's for a while till we test all of our decks everyone who wants to be on the team should get MIRC http://www.mirc.com and apprentice http://www.dragonstudios.com otherwise you can't play on line. E-leauge hold their tournys on the NewNet server so I will mail everyone with info reguarding that stuff. I'm rambling I have too many ideas going through my head right noe I will contact everyone involved after we decied on the team and if enough people are interested I will register 2 teams!

Waubers

Head spinning - stomach bubbling - too much soup for lunch ahhhhhh!!