New dragon legends and other Invasion info!

M

mogg bomber

The newest issue of Topdeck(why can't we bring back the Duelist, why?!?:() has an Invasion preview in it. Among other things, the 5 new three color dragon legends are mentioned. The article says that they put the previous Elder Dragon Legends to shame,and it has their names: Crosis the Purger, Darigaaz the Igniter, Dromar the Banisher, Rith the Awakener, and Treva the Renewer(These names aren't too good, the original EDL's names were better.) Here's the other stuff mentioned in the article:

Recoil
Common
1UB
Instant
Return target permanent to its owner's hand. Then that player discards a card from his or her hand.
"Anything sent into a plaguelord world is bound to come back infected"
Illus. Alan Pollack.

card names:
Goblin Spy, Power Armor, Psychic Battle, Saproling Infestation, Teferi's Moat, Twilight's Call, Angelic Shield, Hooded Kavu, Devouring Strossus, and Harsh Judgement.

A white instant for 1W that can destroy an artifact, creature, or land, if the conditions are right.

A black flying trampler who's bigger than Lord of the Pit

A 4/4 giant that can't be destroyed by two Shocks.

A popular multicolored legend from Legends that returns as a green creature

A red and black sorcery that gets rid of cards both in play and in the hand

An artifact that lets you Demonic Tutor every turn

A tournament-level spell that people will spend twelve mana to play.

Lords for some creature types that have never had them before

Two legends from the weatherlight crew: Hanna and Sisay. Sisay has the ability to go get other Legends from your library and put them into your hand and Hanna, returns artifacts and enchantments from your graveyard to your hand.

A five color sorcery

A mechanic named Domain that will bring five-color decks back to tournament play

A mechanic last seen on a goofy but fun artifact from Alliances

A mechanic last seen on a popular green crature from Tempest

a new mechanic that will make players rethink just what a Magic card can do (You might even say 'wow' when you see one of these cards for the first time.)

and the four preconstructed decks are:
-Spectrum (Five color): Contains Kavus, elf-knights, elf-barbarians...
-Blowout (Black/Red): DD, removal, creatures such as zombies...
-Dismissal (Black/Blue): Contains merfolk, denial, removal...
-Heavy Duty (Green/White):Big and unusual creatures like Thicket Elemental, Kavu Titan, Pincer Spider, Springtide Guardian, and Horned Cheetah

Well, I think Invasion is sounding pretty good, I especially like the heavy emphasis on multicolor.

A

arhar

Oh man!

I'm excited!!!

Popular green creature from Tempest?

Scragnoth?
Verdant Force?

D

DÛke

I will never quit Magic. NEVER!
Sissy AND Hanna, as Legend? I can't wait.
This is too much for me to handle:).

A

Apollo

Sisay and Hanah. Boo. I hate them both. But Orgg, Sisay copies your card! Or maybe you copy Sisay.

And "Domain" sounds like it could be artifice. Funny.

Anyway, some of this stuff sounds like it could be cool, but Maro's little teasers always do. And then they usually stink.

Anyway...

T

Thrash Golem

Dirtcowl wurm!!!

like there could be a blue one that gets +1/+1 when an instant or sorcery is cast and a white one for enchantments

T

Thrash Golem

hey u know stangg, and u know dual nature?

thats probly the green legend

P

Phydomir

i can't wait for Invasion to be released, it has so many kewl cards, probably as kewl as Saga is, and i love multi colour :)

D

Darsh

Man Invasion and 7th the next few months in magic are going to be great.
I hope this will make up for MM/NE/PR I didn't like any of them.

P

pallad

verdant force should be reprinted. but the thing is, his picture was waaaaay too awesome in the first place, i should know. i have three, hehehe.

C

Cateran Emperor

[points out that one of the Dragon legends, Darigaaz the Igniter, can be found in the book Time Streams]

Now that that's out of the way, WOOHOO! THis is SO much better than Saga that it's not even funny!'

a new mechanic that will make players rethink just what a Magic card can do (You might even say 'wow' when you see one of these cards for the first time.)
What can it be???? Aaaaaa, I want to know!

Wait a second, new LORDS???? [Starts dancing a happy dance] WOOHOO!!!!!! Theme decks galore(I'll put money on a Viashino lord, and one of them'll be a kavu lord, I know it}!

[Out of breath and collapses from being too happy :D]

P

Purple_jester

I'm running out of cash here. 'Course, that's what Wizards wants... :(

A 12cc tournament card? that people will want to play? What does it do? Wait, maybe it's an artifact that says: Tap, Sacrifice, You win the game.

Legend that's now green? I'd have said Solkanar, because green and black have always worked well with each other as gold cards... but they're emphasizing allied colors here, so I doubt it. SIGH. I wish it was Solkanar.

Domain. A mechanic we didn't see in the commons sheet... I have a theory though. Perhaps that if a creature has a Domain in one or more colors, you can substitute the mana costs with mana of another color, albeit a little MORE mana. For example, maybe a (blue domain) creature costing 1U can be paid for in either white or green mana (1WW, or 1GG) That would certainly bring back a lot of multi, wouldn't it?

The 4/4 giant? Can't be killd by 2 Shocks? Sounds to me like the return of Ogre Enforcer from Visions, albeit with a different name.

Oh, joy... Recoil. Drool. Drool. Drool. My UB discard can't wait. If that person has no hand to begin with, then it might as well be a sorcery that says: Destroy target permanent. And it's COMMON! Bwahahahahaha!!! :D

Five color sorcery, eh? sounds to me like that cheesy sorcery rumor in MTGnews might have some truth in it after all... Y'know, the one that says: If you have a creature and basic land for every color in play under your control, you win the game.

New lords for creature types that never had them before? Please let one of them be a knight lord. Please!!! Of course, there could also be elephant lords, or pegasi lords, or wolf lords, or dwarven lords, or drake lords, or (god forbid) a lord of dragons.

Gotta go get me anbother box...

T

theorgg

Let's bring up Apprintice right now...

First Rumour to solve: the Green-only Legends reprint.
****=my guesses

3cc 1/2, 3mana,T: return a creature from your graveyard to hand.

3cc 2/2, 3mana,T: Fog****

8cc 5/5, trample, whenever a creature damaged by it is put into the grave, you gain a life and it's controller looses a life.

6cc 6/5, cannot be targeted by creature enchantments, no tap to attack.****

5cc 2/3, 4,T: 1/1 into play.

6cc, P/T=# of lands you control.****

4cc, */*, P/T= target creature's(change during upkeep), if can't change, P/T=3/3.(a guy can dream, cain't he?)

7cc, 4/4, get X(=#of lands you control) 1/1s.

4cc, 3/2(3/4) all green creatures get +0/+2*****

6cc, 5/4 all creatures you have attack w/o tapping if it don't attack

7cc, 3/6, T: bolt an attacker or blocker

6cc 4/4, First Strike, Legendary Landwalk

6cc 4/3 First Strike, can block forest or plainswalkers as if they didn't have the ability.

5cc, 6/4 T:addU to your pool

3cc 2/2 3:regen target creature

two 3/4s for 6cc

5cc, 2/2 T: add 2 to pool

4cc, 2/2 2T: target creature gets +2/+2

TWO: goofy, but fun artifact from alliances.(only original concepts will be here, no 2/1 unblocking flyers ro Asstrolaids)

Storm Caldron

1:regenerate, target opponent draws a card****

Soldevi Digger

(possibly sol grail)

-0/-1 counter when it blocks

Phyrexian Portal(look it up, I ain't typin it in!!!)****

Phyrexian Devourer(see above note)****

Helm of Obediance
Gustha's septer

Ashnod's Cylix(removes from game millstone)

THREE:
Green tempest machanic:

Dirtcrawl Wurm****

Heartwood Giant

Kracklin

Mongrel Pack****

Rootwalla****

Scragnath****

Seeker of Skybreak****

Skyshroud Elf****

Verdant Force(I HOPE!!!)

Well, It's Kicker. no doubt about that.

M

mogg bomber

I don't think the new mechanic referred to is kicker, because kicker is mentioned in the article. It sort of sounds like that little "double" card that was seen on the preconstructed deck uncut sheet, but I really hope it isn't.

C

Captain Caveman

"A popular multicolored legend from Legends that returns as a green creature."

Here a few more possibilities: I'm just guessing!
(Stagg is probably the best guess but I didn't include it)

Jacques le Vert
1GRW (new cc 1GGG)
3/2
All green creatures you control get a +0+2.

Johan
3GRW (new cc 4GG)
5/4
As long as Johan doesn't attack or isn't tapped, creatures
you control may attack without tapping.
(Kind of out of flavor for Green but Mirri did something
similiar so it could be possible, I guess.)

Lady Caleria
3GGWW (new cc 5GG)
3/6
Tap; Do 3 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.
(Green creature removal so I doubt it, plus its really out
of flavor.)

Palladia-Mors
2GGRRWW (new cc 6GG)
7/7
Flying, Trample
Pay GRW durung your upkeep or bury. (new upkeep;GGG)

Tuknir Deathlock
GGRR (new cc 2GG)
2/2
Flying
GR, Tap: Target creatures gets a +2+2 until end of turn.
(new cost; GG)

Xira Arien
BGR (new cc GGG)
Flying
BGR,Tap: Target player draws a card. (new cost GGG)

"A 4/4 giant that can't be destroyed by two Shocks."
Probably Ogre Enforcer

Invasion sounds like its going to be a lot of fun. I'd love
to see Jacques le Vert or Johan but Stagg is probably the
most likely to see the reprint. Two 3/4's for 4GG isn't
to shabby.

Caveman

S

Snowy

i can't wait for invasion. I WANT!!!!
All the people at Wizards must be smiling right now. Apollo is right, they make one of these teasers for every set, and they always sound great, and then the sets usually aren't.

Wait until you see the spoiler!!!

It's impossible to tell before then. All of you are oging to get your hopes up and then be mad when the set sucks. Remain calm. A couple of cool-sounding cards doesn't mean squat.

And it says "a mechanic last seen on a popular..."

As in, it was printed before that, too. Rule out Scragnoth, Verdant Force, etc.

It could be Apes of Rath. Who knows? The twelve mana card could be "Death Bomb" :rolleyes:

hehe, I learned formatting. Thanks, Apollo

C

Cateran Emperor

Hey orgg, can you clarify your post? I can't understnad what it says.

Good god, I've gotta get some of this set!!!!! Augh, the wait, the wait! One box, two boxes, maybe more. I just want to see this set already!!!! [guys in white suits shw up with a straight jacket and drag CE off]