Domain (not site) is up!

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
The domain www.casualplayers.org now works. We have to now contact David Doust about setting up IP addresses. Cool. Tony, think you can take care of that?

Oh and Ferret, got the check today. Thanx

-mike

Z

Zadok001

Three cheers for the CPA!

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

Ferret

Staff member
Cool! Perfect timing...the last few blocks are falling into place...

-ferret

"MWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

B

Baron Sengir

Sweet! I'll let Doust know the domain is up but not the site yet. Anything else you guys want me to ask him?

I remain
The Baron
Going to a family reunion with Count Chocula, Grandpa Munster and The Count from Sesame Street. Damn. My quote is longer than my post.

Ferret

Staff member
...I'm starting to get butterflies...we're just down to a matter of hours and stuff...

I guess I'll have to get ready to write more articles soon..

-ferret

"Greetings Citizens! On tonight's show, we'll have members of - is this right? - The Casual Player's Alliance? MOLTAR! Who scheduled these people?"

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Well, we should ask him about e-mail addresses. We could use a couple. Ask him if there's a limit of how many we can have.

And if the site doesn't work as it should, I'll e-mail him about it. (Hypermart tends to be a little different compared to most servers)

-mike
Now I gotta get off my lazy butt to do some site work. :)

D

Dune Echo

DOWN HERE!! READ THIS!! HELLO!! PAYING ATTENTION YET!! READ ME!!

Okay. Now that I have everyone's attention, when will the web site be up and running. I'm dying to see decks and columns from everyone. I hate to say it, but I'm tired of seeing only Baron's and Ferret's two articles. I WANNA SEE MINE UP THERE AND CAUSE CHAOS AND CONTROVERSY TO ALL WHO READ IT! Mwahahahaha!
Seriously, we need to jump on Waylay's errata since the majority of the ones who have voted (so far), want it repealed. Hey, if you don't want it repealed, vote against it but don't blame us for keeping silent.
Also, we need to take a stance on the major amount of errata that's taking place right now. (Again, Lion's Eye Diamond, Waylay, Lotus Vale, etc.) Can someone set up a booth on it?
SO WHEN'S THE SITE GOING TO BE UP AND RUNNING AND I'M GONNA SEE MY NAME IN BIG BOLD LETTERS?! Please, we need to get this going! Baron, kick someone in ass here! You and Ferret, make someone do something. Give another salary raise! We need to get the show on the road. [Yes, I know some of us are busy with school starting back. Send me articles and decklists! I'll edit them and have them done ASAP whenever someone else doesn't have the time!]
[In the voting booth, the colors need to be white, blue, black, red, and green only please(!) under the Favorite Colors vote.}

Thanks for listening to my rant. Sorry, it's so damn long. Please email me if anyone replies to this! I really want to get our site up!

-Dune Echo

"Geez, give this guy some downers or something."

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Wow. Suggestion: decaf... Anyway, the site will be up when Doust gets back to us. Baron sent him an e-mail saying we are ready to be hosted. All we need now are the IP# and stuff like that so I can hook the domain upto where ever the site is. So calm down, it'l probably be up in the next few days. :)

-mike
Three..thirty..A.M...need..sleep..but..must..post..more..

Ferret

Staff member
So, Mike, is the site ready and all we're doing is waiting for David Doust? That's good. I can handle waiting a little longer knowing that we're almost there...

-ferret

"Kirsin! Relax...think happy thoughts, happy thoughts..."

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Too my knowledge, all we're doing is waiting for Doust. There's only one more thing I have to do on the site, but I can really do that until we get on NewWave (the joining form).

Hopefully we'll be up soon. I wanna post some more articles!

-mike

Ferret

Staff member
Ditto! I've got quite a few articles in mind - unfortunately, I always have trouble writing them unless I know I have a deadline or something...Oy! I want the site up, now, Now, NOW!!!!

-ferret

"...please..."

Ferret

Staff member
Mike, Tony, Jimmy, TALK TO ME!!!!

Where is David Doust? Has he been abducted by aliens? Does he remember us? Are we still in his heart when he looks at his site?

WAIT! Something tells me that he doesn't run the site himself...I wonder who does...can find them? Maybe they can help - or at least whisper sweet somethings in Dave's ear...

-Ferret

"...the whole world's gone to hell, but how are you?" - b.g. al

Y

Young Jedi

Hey, I just talked to David Doust today...on a different matter. As you may or may not know, I run a Young Jedi site. He has agreed to sponsor the prizes for a weekly submissions contest! The best submission wins a prize each week. He's really cool. I hope that answers your question Ferret....

N

nekrataal

Well, I have never talked to Doust myself so I'd suggest asking Tony or Mike. They seem to be the ones to get stuff done right now.

Anyway, I have started school and am already getting over my head with a few too many projects. I might check in the email account and board a few times a week, but I can't do all the mail anymore. Anyone want to help out in that department?

-nekrataal
"Yes Master, I shall do your bidding willingly..."

Ferret

Staff member
Well, that definitely answers my question! Wow, thanks! Hmmm, I wonder who's going to judge the contest...them, us? And, would that make us exempt from winning? I wouldn't mind - I could alway syndicate... :)

-ferret

"This post Copywrite 1999 Jasmineworks, Ltd. All rights reserved"

Y

Young Jedi

No no no. Sorry if I confused you guys here. I run my own website - Young Jedi Central
http://www.centralspire.com/yjc
My site has a weekly submissions contest that Mr Doust is sponsoring with prizes. I have not talked to Mr Doust about prizes for the CPA, although I do remember Baron mentioning it before.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Don't ask me. I haven't talked to Mr. Doust yet. Tony, being the PR guy, has already e-mailed him (to my knowledge). Tony, any response yet?

-mike