CPA Member...what does your Nickname mean?

N

NeuroDeus

Ok CPA member what does your nickname (both of them)...

Mine

NeuroDeus : well dunno exactly, but I like it it evloved from the word NoGod from a book I was reading (NoGod --> NoDeus --> NeoDeus --> NeroDeus --> NeuroDeus)

Uncle Foxibus : Foxibus is the nickname of one the teachers from the book Stalky and Co. and the Uncle part...dunno again...

T

Thrash Golem

ever heard of thran golem?

i listen to thrash metal so i just made the name thrash golem.

i dont know how to get a name like that below me!

N

NeuroDeus

For the orange/red nickname or as I call it undername just PM Zadok001 (sound as if your a lamb, a sweet one or he sends you some couple of paragraphs on having the responsabilites (crap) about having one... for one...

Sample

Dear Zadok001,
All mighty Thor of the CPA World I beseech you for the giving of the blessing of the under nick it being {insert undernick here}.
Your most loved servant...

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

Nodnarb is my name backwards(brandon) and 24 is my favorite number.

The Rat King is because i collect plague rats.

D

dw51688

mine is basically initials and the number is something weird. It will take to ling to understand.

E

ErinPuff

ErinPuff- Terribly uncreative.. my first name is Erin, and I have puffy hair.

Spatula Friend- Spatula, from Weird Al's movie, UHF (there was a commercial for Spatula City, where they sell spatulas and that's all) Friend... just because.

H

Hetemti

Hetemti is a real word...sorta. But don't bother searching for it through normal channels, such as Websters, Brittanica, Yahoo!, or the Yellow Pages. The meaning will not be found there. I know, I checked. You would have to find...obscure...sources to find it's meaning.

It's actual spelling is more like Htmti, since in it's native language, noöne ever really bothered to write the vowel "e."

So far, only one person has figured out what it's meaning is. And he did it quickly too, so I expect it to come to you naturally. If it doesn't, it won't.

If you can solve the riddle behind this name, who knows. Maybe I'll send you a signed (by me :p ) Foil Brink of Madness. Or maybe a Norrit that's been folded in half a few times. I might just choose to save my 33 cents. Any way, I ensure the special suprised gift will be some thing you will share with your family to enjoy.

(Little bit of Tecmo-style SNKglish to spice things up.)

(Oh, and yea for AL! I have UHF on tape, but it's the Comedy Channel edit, so all the funny parts (ie Emo!) were cut out for South Park ads.)

(Oh, and dw...looks like someone's birthdate...or some other important event.)

[Edited by Hetemti on September 1st, 2000 at 08:57 PM]

A

Apollo

I'm named after my pet bird who was named after a space program which was named after a god. That's my first name.

My nick is Bird Boy cause I'm always a phoenix in the Battle Arena, and because I'm named after my bird who was named after...

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

User name: I got my username, cuz i'm a meta-human who loves pie.

Nickname: I got that cuz Yawgomoth loves my cooking(thats not all he loves about me if ya know what i mean...)

D

DÛke

The Black Beast.
Most people think that I refer to myself as "The Black Beast" because I like the color Black in Magic or something totally off!
No, it has nothing to do with Magic.
Back at the day, when MTGnews was a great place, when I used to post there very often, I didn't know how to type, so, the results were, as you all know, complaints from many people; complaints about my grammer, spelling errors, and ofcourse, the too many periods and commas I used to write. That way of writing became well known, and very annoying to some people, that, believe it or not, some people 'left' MTGnews because of it or because of 'me'.
I called the way of writing "the black slang", you know, how black people talk, with the American slangish, blackish, cool accent!
So, since people hated me, I was some kind of a "beast" and since this "beast's" accent was this of blackish, then I became "The Black Beast" altheway from 1997 until now, I'm still the Black Beast:)!

As for DÛke, well, nothing special, it's my dog's name: Duke.
Nothing special about it.

A

Almindhra

I first came on the internet playing a free 'net game called Archmage...I needed a name so I picked up Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time big book (the white one) and went through the index for names...And I found Almindhra...So after Archmage I went to more things on the web and I just loved this name Almindhra and used it for everything...

As for my nickname, I meant it as a homie kind of thing...Kind of like "Where my hoe at?"...But, generally people don't take it that way...So they can take it however they want...I like it...Its a bit, evil...

P

Purple_jester

Only my closest friends get to know the origin of my user name, which dates back to several years.

You can know the source of my orange nickname, though. I started playing Magic by buying three booster packs of Arabian Nights. Aside from the Serendib Efreet and Juzam Djinn, one of the cards in those three packs was a Sorceress Queen. Arabian Nights is also my favorite expansion, because there were virtually no trash cards, and all of the rares were useful.

So, since I'm also female, I picked Sorceress Queen as my nickname. It also helps that I'm evil and sneaky and cute. ;)

W

Whimsical

What does my nick mean? The dictionary definition fits me to a tee ... well, maybe not the Orwellian Yiddish '84 version. :D

And I happen to like slivers. Wellll ... I'm more partial to the funny goblins, but calling myself Goblin Matron sounds ... well, weird. ;)

F

Firestorm

Before I had ever come(usage?) here i spent a lot of the time at the Dojo, and on mIRC. One day when I was looking at my friends cards came across some tempest lands. I was like, "dude these are the coolest looking things!". After using several other nicknames on mIRC, I found i wanted the suffex -storm on my name. Finding out that the nicks for Firestorm, Icestorm, and Hailstorm were all taken, I look down the names on the people in the room list and see one(DarkAWAY) and I "steal" the preix Dark-. I ended up as Darkstorm, but when I started Magic, I loved red. One of my friends had a Shivan, and I was gonna trade somethin for it, but he moved. AAAAAnyways, its mostly cause I was able to get the email name, Firestorm@ec.rr.com from roadrunner and decided to stick with it.

C

Cateran Emperor

I used to be Cateran Emperor (due to my vast number of them, but I don't collect them oddly). Then I promoted myself to Emperor just because I have a big ego :D

The nickname, well, it's self explanatory. I'm the lord of Mercenaries (and Merc decks too ;) )

D

Darsh

The name came from a character in an anime and the nick came from when I signed up I was listening to the song "Renegade Master" so there is the renegade and the random came from.... well I'm random if you dont believe me check out some of the posts in the battle arena.:D

H

Hawaiian mage

I've had this name for 8 months so I'm not ever giveing it up.
I got the name when I first found a use for the internet at phyrexia.com. I spent 5 minutes thinking about what my name would be. Well blue's my favorit color, and I was born in Hawaii(I live in Seattle now), and mage sounds like some sort of hurb even though it's a type of wizard. And thus my name came to be. Never parted from it.

And I don't have a nck yet, I'm trying to figure out whether it should be "Ka-moho-ali'i" or "Demi-GOD." Ka-moho-ali'i is a Hawaiian shark god. The keeper of the water of life.
Of coure your probably now the 1% of america(or any where else) that actually knows Ka-moho-ali'i means. So it sort of became my online name. Now it's an AEtherial being.

Now that I've bored you to the brink of death, you can bore the rest of us with your story.

Z

Zadok001

NeuroDeus: I've gotten three nickname requests written up in EXACTLY that manner so far... :) For the record, that speech comes no matter what, even if your request is the nicest thing I've ever read. It's also copied and pasted, so at least it doesn't get _meaner_ if you act pissed at me!

My names... Well, Zadok001 has a history. When I was born, my father had the infinitely bright idea of naming me something... Strange. I believe the original idea was Archimedes Zadoc Stroud ('Stroud' is my family name). My mother wasn't too happy with that, so my first name became David instead. But the Zadoc stuck. As it turns out, Zadoc is the biblical figure who annointed David king (ironic, neh?). My father had gotten the name from one of my long-since-passed-away relatives, who also had Zadoc for a middle name. But the original spelling was Zadok. Thus, I felt like changing it to the more archaic version.

Normally, changing a name requires a lot of court work and legal crap, so I figured I'd just change it unofficially, leaving it as Zadoc on passports, etc... But in a decidely stupid move on my part, I took a risk and wrote down 'Zadok' while renewing my passport. Apparently, the guys on the other side didn't give a damn how such a strange name was spelled, and my new passport read 'Zadok.' Score. :) I used my passport as ID for my driver's license, so the new spelling has stuck. Now only my birth certificate bears the original.

I used Zadok as a callsign in offline games for a long time, but when I first got online, some smart-alek had taken 'Zadok' in a chat room I wanted to join. So I tagged '001' on the end. :) Despite having it look like an AOL name, I've kept it.

Story over now. The 'Greater Good fanatic' thing is obvious to anyone who knows me... No story there.

C

caesar

I'm sure no one really gives a damn about my name, but I'll tell ya any way. I take Latin class in school, right. I got the nickname Caesar in 6th grade. There was this guy in class named Roman, and the teacher says anyone who has a latin name will get extra credit. I, thinking she was serious, blurt out then you can call me Caesar. She gets down to my name on the attendence sheet, I have a long first name and long last name so they only put my first initail of my first name "C". Long story short she asks if the names really Caesar, i say no its Chris and it just sorta stuck. Whoo! *wipes brow* What a mouthful. Now on to the orange nick. I like Mercenaries, Caesar was the world greatest general, I put 2 and 2 together and came up with "Mercenary General". FYI, I'm thinking of having the name offically changed to Julius Caesar when I'm old enough.

[Edited by caesar on September 3rd, 2000 at 11:09 PM]

P

pallad

ok, my name is odd int he first place, but here goes...

a long time ago, way back when i made a character for a story for class, he was a paladin of darkness called "pallad". then i drew the little fella and decided to just keep him going on yahoo as an RP character.

my nickname is a book i read, i checked it out from a high school library there and it's only 105 pages and the reading level is 6th grade. it was so frickin' bad i loved it.