THE WORST SET!

K

K9Archmage

Does anybody else like FALLEN EMPIRES ,HOMELANDS ,or ICE AGE?

Hoipa

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Somewhere, either here or probably the Favorite Set thread, people have said they like those sets.

Me, for one. :)

H

HumanError

Prophecy was good because of the wacky rares, and it did have some good uncommons. (I have a very special place in my heart for Nakaya Shade, the 2cc Shade.)

Homelands is too obvious a choice - sure it was obscene chaff but there was some wackiness to be had there, and it allowed you to make Minotaur decks.

Fallen Empires is sorely underrated and had a buttload of fun cards in it.

The worst set ever? I want to say Urza's Saga. It and it's children nearly killed the game. But what really got me out of Magic was Mercadian Masques. That set was abysmal. It was boring. It had nothing going for it. Nothing interesting.

Thank goodness for Prophecy and Invasion, or I might've sold off all my cards. =)

T

Tyriax

Worst over all, or the one I'd be least likely to buy a pack from? Worst over all has got to be 7th Edition. They brought back things that never needed to be brought back. Opposition for one. Megrim for another. I'm sorry, but when you have a card in an expansion that says draw 2, discard 3, lose 4 life, then a card in the current edition of the basic set that says take 2 damage for each discard, that sucks. 4 mana for 10 damage. 4 of which is an unpreventable loss of life. Just when people in my area had quit using those #!$@ing nether spirit decks!!!! Now they're back, with buttloads of counters and discard. It's enough to make a man cry. And what were they thinking when they took out cursed totem?
Worst to buy a pack from would have to be Alliances. It had some really cool rares, but the only ones I ever get are sol grails and whirling catapults. In the 5 packs I've bought, I've gotten 2 of each. Talk about crap rares. Wish I could've picked up 2 martyrdoms and 2 arcanes in those 5 packs... And those are frigging commons!!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
ON the contrary, I find that 7th brought back the cards that were needed for this environment today.

The Dark is the worst set, in my opinion.

Ransac, cpa trash man

F

fuzzy510

I play black. There's nothing good for black in 7th. Need I say more????

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Hey, the dark was a cool set because it brought the elves of deep shadow, by far the coolest looking elves ever

S

Salacious Crumb

I like fallen empires because nearly all of m y cards are from that set
I have the whole set
I got it for free
I will soon get the whole ice age set for free!

Hoipa

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'll admit, the dark had some pretty cool looking art AND some pretty powerful cards (Maze of Ith and Ball Lightning), but most of the set was crap cards. 7th may have downed on black, but with the cards that they brought bought (Persecute and Duress) they had some good desicions.

I'm still pissed that 7th didn't bring back my Shard Phoenix, though.

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

Salacious Crumb

From what i've heard, 7th isn't good, but i haven't gotten a pack, and i don't plan on getting one.

Hoipa

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Ransac, you forgot Duress's little buddy ostracize

A

Aginor

Fallen empires: Hymn to tourach, knights
homelands: autumn willow, baron sengir (always fun in my vampire deck), ishan's shade, serrated arrows

So I think FE is the worst

L

LlanowarGoblin

The worst set was The Dark. Beynd Ball Lightning and Maze of Ith I don't think I would use any of the cards in it unless I was making some goofy deck.

I

Istanbul

Homelands is the worst.
HL - Autumn Willow, Serrated Arrows, Ihsan's Shade
FE - Goblin Grenade, High Tide, Hymn to Tourach, Aeolipile, Derelor, original Saclands, Thallids, etc.
DK - Ball Lightning and Maze of Ith are good, but they're only the best-known. What about Amnesia? Blood Moon? Preacher? Tormod's Crypt? And remember that Dark was a *very* small set...

T

Turtlewax Joe

Tat stuff I said was way out of line and a long time ago, sorry.
I thought 7th sucked untill I took a second look. IT KICKS butt!!

(yes, I am still finding new inventive ways to swear;) )

[Because you're proclaiming it, I have to edit it -Spidey]

I

Istanbul

Be creative.
Funk you!
You're full of shirt!
You're being a birch and an adz!

And you're right, 7E is quite kewl.

H

Hellion

I am disgusted with the Homelands set. It has about only 4 or 5 cards that's playable and the res is just trash!

The only set that very good in Ice Age block is Fallen Empires because it has:

Order of Leibur
Order of Ebon Hand
Hymn to Tourach
Most of the Thallids were good
Icanian Javalineers
Goblin Grenade
Aeolipile
Derelor
Breeding Pit

and alternate art for the common cards....what can be cooler?

M

maraud234

I hate prophecy, and I'm surprised I've never had the opportunity to say on this thread. Stupid rhystic cards.