Speculation, Indeed!

Z

Zadok001

From Orgg's latest interview:

"Maro: We try to keep our "leaks" close to a set's release. As Seventh Edition is eight months away, there's not too much I can "leak". What I can say is that tournament level cards will both leave and enter the new set. Both inclusions and exclusions will create much discussion and have a lasting impact on Standard. Finally, while I can neither confirm nor deny anything, I will say that there is one wild rumor out right now that's absolutely true."

I don't pay much attention to rumors, but that last line intrigues me... :) So, I have a request. What are the rumors currently in circulation regarding 7th? Anyone?

S

sageridder

maybe he's talking about the rumor of it being black bordered?

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

God i hate that. WHY DO THE BORDER'S MATTER? Also they couldn't do a black bordered "edition" because it isn't the first print of the card,thats what the black border signafies. But nothing against you sage, just the whole black vs white border thing.

As for the other comment, i sure as heck hope so. they would be great to have back in type 2.

D

Duel

Let them reprint lightning bolt! Dear god let them reprint it!

Or, on the other hand, I hopen it's not the rumor that they're cutting Elves off...

Ferret

Staff member
Cursed Scroll? I doubt it. WotC is usually not in the habit of reprinting cards that were banned at one time, and in Tempest Block it was banned - personaly, I would have preferred it to banned in ALL formats.

-Ferret

"...let me get this straight: I'm supposed to NOT have cards in my hand?"

Killer Joe

I don't suppose it would be the "changing of the face of the card" rumour, would it? I really liked it but I'm sure 'hard-cores' would not.
No, wait, I know what it is, they're going to reprint Tradewind Rider and Wall of Blossoms, that's it, I'm sure of it. That, and counterspells will be banned. Really. No, stop laughing, I'm sure that's it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So it sounds like no one has a clue as to what rumors are floating around; everyone's just making up their own guesses...

I like that new card-back one, Yellowjacket. That sounds kinda "in-line" of plausible changes they might make with a new edition...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
never mind, I just saw NeuroDeus' thread about 7th rumors. Why didn't you post it here so I wouldn't be caught flat-footed like this??

:D

D

Dune Echo

Uh, forget the whole 7th edition thing! Did anyone notice the truly important thing on this post?! FERRET'S BACK! Good to see you again, dude.

P

Purple_jester

MaRO mentioned a "wild rumor" as being absolutely true. Here are the wild rumors I've heard around the net as well as from distributors in my area, regardless of how realistic they are. (They ARE wild rumors after all.)

1. Cursed Scroll - This is the wildest, most unbelievable rumor I've heard. Because it was never restricted in other formats (extended, 1.5, 1) some people who seem to enjoy wrecking the game are saying that this undercosted game-breaker artifact is returning to Standard. I for one hate this thing, and I own 4 of them. They're at the bottom of my artifact box, buried underneath some barbed sextants.

2. Sengir Vampire and Serra Angel - The twin fliers of darkness and light are going to return, according to one or two statements regarding "two very Classic creatures."

3. Hypnotic Specter - Supposedly with new art, the dreaded Hippie gives emphasis to the returning discard theme. According to the sources of this rumor, like the old days, red and white can still handle this creature with Shock and Pacifism. (In the old days, it was Lightning Bolt/Incinerate and Swords to Plowshares.) I doubt this, as the Specter was restricted in Extended for some time.

4. Incinerate - It costs 2 for 3 damage. Still a little better balanced than Lightning Bolt. The secondary ability would give red some resistance against regenerators like River Boa and Chilling Apparition.

5. Oaths - One manic rumor says that the Oaths are all returning. One version of the rumor says that they excluded the Oath of Druids because it was the most abusive. I agree, because the thought of an Oath od Druids deck packed with 4 each of the Prophecy Avatars is enough to send shivers down my spine.

6. Tradewind Rider - Control blue gets even stronger. Plus, it would mesh well with the multi-color drive of the next sets due to its single blue mana requirement. Pkay, I'll be honest. I'm one of those who wants this rumor to be true. I only have 1 Rider, and I wish I had 3 more. :D

7. Walls - This came from the same sources as the Oaths rumor. Everyone loved the Stronghold walls. SO why not reprint them? Like the Druidic Oath, one version of the rumor says that they're again slighting green by excluding the Wall of Blossoms.

8. Mogg Fanatic and Goblin Bombardment - With the damage-stacking rules of 6th edition carryng over to 7th, these two cards will actually become more powerful, giving a much-needed boost to red decks everywhere.

That's all I can remember right now. Hope I was helpful. ;)

D

Duel

Oh! Ferret! Um, uh, right. A founder, I see.
Well, welcome back, I've never seen you before, but welcome, nonetheless.