I need critiques for my webpage

U

Ura

Hello all! :D

I'm in the midst of doing a big update to my old website and I wanted to see if anyone here could go check it out and tell me what they think. There are a couple dead links (4) right now, including the section I'm dedicating to magic, :(
but that will be up and running soon too. :)
Any HTML pointers cold be useful as well.
Sign my guestbook too while your at it.

Cheers! :D

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
I'd drop the wood background - it's kinda distracting.

Or, use tables to overlay it with a different background color, so the text doesn't look all weird.

And personally, I'd change the link color to a red - #cf0000 maybe?

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
And actually, I'd try and be consistent with a background (or bgcolor), header text, and link color if at all possible. Continuity is VERY important in a well designed website.

A

Almindhra

I agree, it could look more professional...The backround is bad...I did like the little icon pics...And the font looked plain...

T

theorgg

you need to link the broken links to a page that says "under construction" and a link back to your front page.

I'd be convienent...

T

TheDevil565

Well, Ura, Let me tell you what you need. First, you need a consistent design so that every page looks similar. Second, you need a good image logo. If you can't make one, I'd be glad to help, or you can go to a free site such as CoolText. Some CSS would help. Go to ProjectCool and check out some tutorials they have there. DynamicDrive can also help, with some things to spiff up your site. By the way, these guys are right. Lose the background.