Scryb-Force

• Thread starter Jareth, Goblin King
  • Start date
J

Jareth, Goblin King

This is an Aggro deck i've been working on. It uses Scryb Ranger's ability to drop a turn three Spectral Force, provided I have a Llanawar or Boreal Druid.

Creatures
4 Boreal Druid
4 Llanawar Elves
4 Scryb Ranger
4 Silhana Ledgewalker
4 Uktabi Drake
4 Mire Boa
3 Yavimaya Dryad
3 Spectral Force

Enchantments
4 Moldervine Cloak
3 Blanchwood Armor
1 Gaea's Anthem

Instants
2 Stonewood Invocation

Lands
20 Forest

I wondering how this might deck might do in standard or extended and I need ideas for a sideboard.

E

Ephraim

I like what I am seeing. Mana acceleration leading to a large creature is a classic and effective strategy. Including Scryb Ranger both as an accelerator and as a means of untapping Spectral Force is a great idea.

I think that you may be using too many auras, though. Most of the time, I think that an unaided Spectral Force will result in victory. You have a decent backup plan in Yavimaya Dryad or Silhana Ledgewalker + Blanchwood Armour. I'd like to see Moldervine Cloak out and one or two additional copies of Stonewood Invocation to help protect Spectral Force.

As far as your sideboard is concerned, you really can't go wrong with 3 Naturalize or Krosan Grip. Starved Rusalka or Martyr of Spores might be worthwhile sideboard cards for dealing with Bridge from Below combo. Neither monogreen nor sideboards are my specialty, so that's all I can really contribute.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing I can think of is maybe adding a Wasteland (if it's legal) to help take care of an annoying land...

J

Jareth, Goblin King

i'm thinking of adding Whirling Dervish to my side board for black and Dryad Sophisticate since there are so many nonbasic lands out right now

T

train

The build is a type 2 aggro... (I recently got back into the tourney scene, and am becoming familiar with builds again...)

Ghost Quarter is the basic "Wasteland" in Type 2 rigt now...

I'm building an aggro with the groundbreakers and solifuges this week... (but I run more utility in my decks...

J

Jareth, Goblin King

Just took out the Anthem for another Stonewood Invocation. I plan to use this deck for this weeks FNM.

T

train

What are you running for sideboard Jareth?...

I am finally making it back into this foray spidey... Hopefully it won't "die down" again... but ahhhh.... life takes many turns...

J

Jareth, Goblin King

it is incomplete, but at the moment I have four Dryad Sophisticate, two keen sense,
and one Mirri Cat Warrior and 1 Gaea's Anthem

T

train

creeping molds, hurricanes, troll ascetics, ghost quarters, gaea's herald, etc... even timbermares fare well against all decks if not countered...

Y

yzaragoza

Why would you run so much (Creepy moles and that kind of stuff when you can run the one in time spiral that destroy a land and searches you for a forest.. all you really need is

4 x Troll
4 x Wood Elf
4 x Birds
4 x Llanawares
3 x Timbaremare
4 x Groundbrakers

3 x Blanch wood armor
3 x hurricanes

This is only 29 cards... you can still put another 11

T

train

The listing I had was for sideboard options...

Creeping Mold would be the sideboard option for artifact, enchantment, or land issues...

Sideboard would be meant to have as many answers as possible, and that answers 3 types of issues...

E

Ephraim

train said:
The listing I had was for sideboard options...

Creeping Mold would be the sideboard option for artifact, enchantment, or land issues...

Sideboard would be meant to have as many answers as possible, and that answers 3 types of issues...
It's all about Desert Twister.

T

train

The twister is the bomb... though not a cheap one...

but with the fast mana, it could be used...

E

Ephraim

Desert Twister is an adequate card to round out a green board control suite. Something like 1 Naturalize, 2 Creeping Mold, 1 Desert Twister has a lot of play to it. Depending on how frequently artifacts and enchantments see play in your environment, you can turn Creeping Mold into Naturalize (or Krosan Grip, which I prefer) with impunity. The Desert Twister at the top plays the same role as Krosan Grip in an emergency, but you can also hold onto it to handle an especially threatening creature.