Magic Players just wanna have fun.

Killer Joe

The Invasion pre-release is in less than a month, yes, that's right, less than a month and I am already ALL GEEKED UP about it (pitiful, ain't it?!). I need a life. The much anticipated day of the pre-release of any and ALL of the sets is the same. The week before I can hardly concentrate, the day before I'm on cloud nine and on the morning of, I am downright "Giddy", laughing like a school girl and bumping into walls, it's enough to make anyone puke! I just can't help myself, just knowing that new cards with different mechanics and the excitement of what new decks will come to rise (I ALWAYS hope for the return of 5CG in Type 2), is enough to make my brain burst. I try not to look at the spoilers but to no avail, I look.
I always dress the same (BTW, I'm 38 yrs. old and stand about 5'6" and weigh about 2--lbs. and am not cool looking at all and, oh yeah, I am most definitly Hispanic looking), I wear my Blue/Green plaid shirt untucked and unbuttoned with a white t-shirt undernreath, pen in my shirt pocket, and I always carry anound my Green bookbag with munchies and a trade book in it. I always hang-out with my 15-23 yr old friends (my peers of my profession just wouldn't get it), and we always have a great time.
It's just a different atmosphere than the PTQualifiers and the Grand Prix's, I mean there are people laughing and joking and just having a goodtime.
I do have the problem of wanting to stay in the big tourney but also wanting to draft. Se La Vie. Do I really care if there are going to be broken cards in this next set? Nah! Do I really care if I have to sit across from a smelly dude? Nah! Do I really care if I look and act 'goofy' during the day? Well,........Nah! I just want to have fun!

P

Purple_jester

You're not the only one excited about Invasion. you just have a more difficult time suppressing your excitement than the rest of us calm, relaxed, normal individuals... Ah, the heck with it, I almost as giddy as you are, though I wouldn't say I was geeked up about it.

The think which excites me the most is the prospect of gold cards and multi-color combos returning to take the field. Also, the set is co-designed by Richard Garfield! Remember the glories and balanced play of Tempest? Whee! :D

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's that time of the month, and I'm beginning to get cramps... :(

R

Riva Iron-Grip

hey man i'm just as geeked up about invasion as you are. i love that set.

D

Dark Horse

Im on doses of ritalin to contain my excitement, but what sucks is that often times my cardshop of choice doesnt sponsor no stinkin prerelease. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

M

Mr_Pestilence

Same here - I usually do well at pre-release tournaments, and I love getting the foil promos.

Oddly enough, they are the only foils I keep - I trade other foils as soon as I can.

Anyway, I'll be at the pre-release early, play in the main event until I get 2 losses, and then get in a draft or two.

A full day of Magic! New cards! People that are fatter than I am! I can't wait!

N

Neo_Keo

Over where I live the city is dead and the only cardshop out here a lot of people claim the owner is an ANAL SPHINCTER( did I spell that right).

There use to be a cardshop right across from my family own business and the guys were huge Magic Fans. But sadly the moved the shop before I got into magic like the FANATIC :D I am now.

A

Almindhra

I'm kind of excited about Invasion...To me, its something very new...Lore and fairy tales only the people who've been playing a long have talked about...

When I go to a PreRelease, I'm excited because I'm on the same level of knowing the cards as the next guy...( except for some cheaters who spoil it for everyone else *ahem* )...And going to big tournaments is always fun...My boyfriend, friend, and I would travel for 1.5 hours eating a dozen donuts while chugging down coffee and coke...And we would see some of the same faces up there...Casual friends...Its really nice...( ok, except for the girl who dressed, um, different...we used to call her the Argothian, for, um, reasons )...And I like the idea of no one knowing yet what the good cards are going to be...( Hey, who knew about Masticore? )...

But we do need to find a new place for tournaments, that one that was near us is closed...Pittsburgh...Phili...NJ...NYC...Or Toronto...Thats our choices now... :( ...

Z

Zadok001

Ah, but for to chance to actually _go_ to a Pre-release... Living where I do, 'Pre-Release' means 'Everyone buy a box, let's draft!' :) That's what we do. If I could go to a PR, I would... Oh, I so would!

But I'm looking forward with great anticipation to Invasion. Some of the cards looks interesting, but more important, I'll get to play gold again (Mr. Type 2 talking, I rarely play Extended)! I wanna Lobotomy someone to death again!

"... I can only pray they reprint Grindstone too..."

D

DÛke

...not that I don't have the spirit, but I'm just not excited. I'm just not too excited about Magic as a game.
The only thing keeping me from quitting are places like the CPA and MTGnews, they really inspire me.

...As long as I'm playing though, I think Invasion will be a very good, fun, casual, and hopefully powerful set. I can't judge anything yet, but, Invasion, from all the other sets, I'm really excited about, why? I don't know! Either the FOIL Gold cards, or the Gold cards! Something is attracting me to Invasion, something MM and Saga didn't have! That's IT! THE GOLD CARDS! How stupid am I(I bet Almindhra could answer this one:))for not knowing! It's the Gold cards that attract me! Good god!

I wish everyone here many hours of fun, fun, fun, and a bit of more fun...

L

Lythand

Hmm..I cant decide..what should I do??/
Open my box of invasion...Or go see why my horney girlfreind keeps calling my name in my bedroom...choices choices...

A

arhar

If anyone's here gonna be at NY's prerelease at Neutral Ground, see you there!!!

P

Plaguelord

I am mildly excited about invasion. However, I always hate the first series of a new block because I lose 3 series in exchange for 1...I'll be w/o another 298 cards (or something like that) however the return of gold cards (including lobotomy, a discard player's dream) is enough to get me rubbing my hands in anticipation for this new set. Hopefully it will be as powerful as Tempest (I loved rath cycle...)

Killer Joe

PJ: Cool stick Jester at the bottom of your post!
Ally: Come to the 'Burgh, and bring Gamelon and the "Magic Fool" with you. I promise I'll buy more doughnuts this time!!!!!Besides, I still have his (MF) little box of crappy commons, what am I to do with them?
---ALERT----
Romour control has it that the they are going to reprint TRADEWIND RIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....not.

A

Apollo

I won't be there, this time. Ironically, my friends discovered MLB Showdown at the last one, and now, don't want to go cause they're too busy playing Showdown. Oh well... But have fun everyone!

Jester/Lythand: thanks for sharing those lovely tidbits with us.

T

Thrash Golem

i hope they have some sort of goblin overlord. That would rule, like all goblins get +1/+0 and first strike and it's a legend.

or a green crusade. kaysa didn't work that well cuz it was a legend and you could only have one out.

D

Duel

I remember the last time Goblin's dominated. Until I built my merfolk deck. You know what they say: opposites attack.

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Hey Almindhra, If you go to the Neutral Ground in NY, you get to hang out with super-cool people like me and Arhar. Hey arhar did you go to the last pre-relese there, and if so how much did you spend?

N

nanokill

I am excited about invasion coming out( laughing maniaclly)

But I need help quickly. :eek:

i don't know where to get information on invasion:confused:

can somebody,(yelling wildly)anybody, please tell me where i can find a spoiler for the set , the prerelease schedule and where they are being held at around the country:D

L

Lythand

nanokill...check the wizards of the coast website..
it will give you all that information.

Well i dont think they will post the spoiler. You will have to look for that..but chances are you wont findit this early. Wizards wont post it till the day of the pre-release. But sometimes a rouge (rogue?) website will somehow get a spioler and post it.

Hope this helps