Just an amusing little story..

L

Limited

Saturday night, some friends and I were slinging some cards at Joraels place. I just wanted to recant a particular play that occured, because a) it was a great play and b) I ended up winning the game ;)

Jorael was playing a white token deck, based primarily on the interaction between Anvil of Bogardan and Spirit Cairn; during each players drawphase, he could get a 1/1 white Spirit token with flying for the bargain price of just one white mana.

I was playing a RGU aggressive deck with some solid midrange creature (Loaming Shaman, Ogre Gatecrasher, Ogre Savant) backed up by some fat (Intet, the Dreamer; Primordial Sage) and Savage Twisters.

Joraels deck had a slow start and took some early damage, but managed to get his combo into play (for the second time I think) and started collecting a horde of tokens. During my turn, I had more than enough creatures to deal lethal damage to him, if only I could topdeck one of my Savage Twisters.

Untap, upkeep, draw... Lady Luck was on my side. With a smurk on my face I played a Savage Twister for one in order to clear the way (and Jorael side of the table) for some Ogre beatdown.

Unfortunately, Jorael sleeves weren't devoid of tricks. He tapped out for Miraculous Recovery, returning a Silver Seraph from his graveyard to play. Thanks to the Anvil of Bogardan he had threshold and all of his measily tokens became 3/3. And I was pretty sure that his army had my name written all over it.

I frantically searched my hand for answers when I noticed Loaming Shaman. I put them in the deck because its a solid three-drop, but mostly to restock my own deck with threats.

Buying a Loaming Shaman: $1
Casting a Loaming Shamen: 2G
Seeing Joraels face as I ask him to shuffle his graveyard into his library and thus killing all his tokens: priceless :D

Moral of the story: Get Loaming Shamans! Its a great card!

L

Limited

Hrothmar? He is still part of our group.

I guess the forum didn't really stick with him though.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Did you ask why or find out? It just seems odd he up and left while in the middle of some games or no farewell...

J

jorael

I have never seen a Loaming Shaman being so devastating....

I guess that's worth something. I lost that game smiling :D