Everyones thoughts on INVASION

F

FoundationOfRancor

What do you guys think of multicolor return? Of so much color interaction? Of the new common sac-multi-lands? Of the rumored rare CIP tapped duel lands? Of Kicker? Of the uncut foil and non invasion sheets and there recsinding?

Your thoughts?

C

Cateran Overlord

I LOVE it. Kicker is actually one of the best mechanics in a while if you saw the foil sheet. For example, there's some creatures which may actually be tournament worthy, but who cares, they rule in general:

Llanowar Elite
G
Creature-Elf
Kicker 2G
If the kicker cost is paid, Elite comes into play with 2 +1/+1 counters on it and has trample (trample may be built in though).
1/1

Somthing Kavu
1R
Creature-Kavu
Kicker 2R
If the kicker cost is paid, Kavu comes into play with 2 +1/+1 counters and has haste.
First Strike
1/1

There are similar ones for each color that get that color's innate ability if the kicker is paid:

Black becomes 3/3 Fear for 2BB
White becomes 3/3 First Strike for 2WW
Blue becomes 3/3 Flying for 2UU

This may be all wrong, but that's what all of this looked like on the images if you analyzed them.

I've missed gold (Lobotomy is coming back!!!!!!!), and am very happy to see it come back, especially teh opposing color screws:

???
BR
Pro White
2/2

There is one for each pair of allied colors, so there is a W/U pro red and a B/U pro green and so on. New duals (even coming into play tapped ones) are still a sight for sore eyes.

As for the foil sheet, i'm not even gonna try and explain that mess.

H

Hetemti

Invasion won't be bad. I just hope they don't over-do it. It'll be better than MM since the Kicker cards will make draft stronger, since you can take a cheap, sub-optimal card and still be able to have something decent after critter-lock sets in. Also, it has Viashinos, which is good.

I'm waiting for PlaneShift when they oughta get to enemy color cards. (I want R/W!)

S

superguy

I think that ability kicker is really great. It gives you two optional ways to play a card, which is great because it gives card potential in early and late game. Gold Cards Rule!!!
"And if they bring back Lin-Sivvi... What? Oh never mind..."

A

Apollo

What do I think of a set where I haven't seen any of the rares or uncommons? Well, I don't think about it much at all. Not enough is known about it to really draw any conclusions. I like gold cards, and Kicker sounds like it could be good, but you don't really know until you see the cards, do you?

As for the rare dual lands, I don't think that could possibly be true. Especially for opposing colors, where the pain lands come into play tapped already. Even on allied colors, these would be so much more powerful than just about any of the other multi-lands (original duals excluded, of course). I expect that they'll have some other drawback. I could be wrong, of course.

Apollo

Killer Joe

GOLD CARDS.............YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Counterspell Gold Cards...........YEAAAA!
Lands that produce more than one color.........YEAAAAAA!
...of course, I think every set is great.

E

Erbrich

I think it's great that they are bringing gold back. I like gold cards and am very interested in seeing how the kicker thing goes over. I believe it will go over well. The only thing I don't care for with gold cards is the ones that use more than three colors. That's just going a little too far. But I suppose if they are putting out new dual lands, it won't be as bad as 4 or 5 color(and even 3 color sometimes) are right now.

Erb

D

DÛke

...Gold cards, but the presence of Stone Rain, Despoil, Tangle Wire, and some other locker stuff really will hurt gold decks bad.

I can't judge anything else.