Da Bears

D

DarthFerret

I agree whole heartedly. The Bears should win! Why, well, lets just say I was born in Chicago, and that would be reason number one. Number two is, I live in Houston, therefore I am a Indy hater! or is hate too strong a word?

Go Bears!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Sorry, I'm picking Indy, 27-24 (a common score for this post-season). Manning needs a ring.

Ransac, cpa trash man

P

playstation60

I want it to end in a tie! I know it isn't possible. I very strongly dislike the Bears. Far overrated if you ask me. I think Grossman is way too inconsistent. In the same breath I don't like Indy, or Manning.

I wish that Manning would win this one, so people can shut up about how much he deserves one.

I predict 37-21, Indy over Chicago.

Ferret

Staff member
Well, I really want the Bears to win today for a lot of reasons:

1. They've been a stronger team all season and they've really come together as a team. It's not just a Quarterback and a bunch of other guys on the field. Don't get me wrong: I think that Peyton Manning's an excellent quarterback; I'm just sick of him. Any time that you see one player become a household name and the rest of the team is a bunch of people that you've never heard of (unless you're a Colts fan) it becomes annoying (*coughMichaleVickcough*).

2. It's been over 20 years since their last victory. I know it's been longer for The Colts (they were in Baltimore when they won last), but it seems like every year all I hear about is how they're going to 'take it all!' I'm sick of them and would not mind seeing them lose again.

3. Tony Dungy. I am a Bucs fan and I watched as he continued his "try not to lose" coaching style that failed to get my team into the big game. Also, I'm not a big fan of his personal sense of ethics towards his family. Just ask his son - oh wait, you can't because he's dead.

No matter how you slice it, it should be a great game and I wish both teams luck...

-Ferret

"...I just wish more luck to Chicago..."

Killer Joe

Ditka! I know he's not the coach but I liked Mike Ditka and Da Bears back in da day!

Remember "The Fridge"? And the Bears '86 Rap Song? :D

N

Nightstalkers

29-17 Colts...

Asshats up the street fired off my homemade M100 and blew part of their patio all to hell...

Made one hell of a bang, woke up half the neighborhood, and I'm just glad that they didn't name me as part of that horrible thing...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, before I knew the result, I would have wanted the Colts to win. I think Manning and the Colts ARE the better team overall and unlike Ferret's #1 reason, there are plenty of people on the team who are known besides Manning: Harrison, Vinateri, Addai/Rhodes to name a few. If you don't know them, then you don't really follow football anyway and probably couldn't name any others on any other team besides the quarterback :)

So I'm glad they won. But it was a great game, from the highlights I saw...