Is there any way, any hope...

N

NeuroDeus

How many of you have ever designed or thought about a card? I do sometimes, just to pass of the time or for fun. I do sometimes...

Is there any way we can put up some of our (never-seen) before mechanics, cards or even expansions in front of the WotC? Is there a way even for even a small *opinion* to go from our mouths/fingers to the WotC...?

T

The Kuzya

UH i dont think WotC would accept anything from us. Maybe the CPA could just put up its own fake card section or something like that. I like that thought. Later...

F

FoundationOfRancor

Well, I was making a sliver set (Look below to find it) but people lost interest in it I guess...

D

Duel

I still like it. You gonna talk WOTC into printing it, though?

D

DÛke

...is not a game to toy with.
You can't just simply 'talk' them into printing your cards. Why you? Why me? Why anybody? What makes you so special, that WotC will even care about your cards?

Inorder to put words in WotC's brain, you need someone who is a representative. Someone of good name, and good knowledge. Someone who represents some good percent of Magic's population.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously, no one's going to talk WotC into printing anything, but wouldn't it be cool if they picked up on one of the concepts our card sets introduced and decided to print it on their own?

Who's to say that couldn't happen? ;)

D

DÛke

...that back at MTGnews, there's this Forum "New Cards, Sets, and Ideas...", I used to post new cards, and new ideas in there almost all the time. Well, guess what, if it is still in there, you'd see that "Kicker" - the ability in Invasion - is actually one of my abilities that I created.

Most people at MTGnews liked it and liked the concept.
I made up about 20 cards using this mechanic, ofcourse, I didn't call it "Kicker", I didn't call it anything, I just gave the ability to the cards. One of the cards that I recall making, and it's one of my favorite cards:

Name: -?-?-?-?-?-
Cost: GG
Type: Creature - Beast
Card Text: When ~this~ comes to play from your hand, you may pay 1G, if you do, ~this~ gains +1/+1 and gains Trample.
P/T: 2/2

I have even gotten many comments just about this card.
I think everyone liked it over there.

So, yes, TomB, it could happen. I don't think it was just an error that they came up with "Kicker", I think that they have been looking around the Magic sites to get ideas.
It could happen.

G

Gizmo

Five years ago I sent in a bunch of card ideas when I never got around to finishing my own set:

Splendid Isolation
Enchant World
G2
All spells are sorceries.

(City Of Solitude, anyone?)

Krovikan Mortuary
Land
T: Add colorless
BB, T: Put target creature card from your graveyard on top of your library.

(Volrath`S Stronghold?)

The list goes on, although I forget most of them off the top of my head. Who knows if I actually did influence their design process or not, but I`d like to think so.
So I will.
:)

W

Whimsical

... but I seriously they'll get accepted in any set except for Unglued (this set is the best!). To put it mildly, the cards I make are a tad bit unhinged.

And no, in answer to your question, mister Neurotic God ... the chances of WotC accepting card ideas are about as good as your chances of waking up and winning the lottery. You know you don't have a prayer, but you dream on anyways...

P.S. You can check in the new members board where I first said hi hello how are you to the inmates here ... there are a couple of interesting card ideas there...

P.P.S. A Sliver thread?! Wow! Better hike my heinie over there, pronto!

D

Duel

I design my own cards too. 4 Years ago I sent some of them off to WOTC. A bunch had this ability "When this creature dies ------" and they had some sort of basic spell effect there. They enver made any of my cards.... just the abilities