D&D: Part One; Awakenings

T

train

Windcaller

Zig - PMed you..

(Watches the owl fly ahead and then begins looking around paying attention to detail...)

"Always wary of a cave I haven't been in before..."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
The owl senses no danger ahead, though I'd recommend staying wary of the soldier statues near the door that's at the end of the passage.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
No, he just sees a winding tunnel ending in a stone door. On either side of the door are stone scupltures of soldiers. I got the sense that the statues might be sentries of some sort, though it might be figurative and not literal. I'm just thinking it couldn't hurt to be careful around them.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Out of the surrounding woods comes a stealthy halfling.... at least he seems to think so.......
"Stone Soldiers? I've never seen stone soldiers before... woo hoo..."

Jax attempts to slip inside the cave and hurry to the door with the soldier statues.

Z

Zigathon

As you approach the entrance of the cave, you can hear the sound of running water.
Will anyone be using torches, or letting those with night/dark vision do the seeing?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps we could have a scout though using infravision? Unless we're always going to use Zylo's bird?

D

DarthFerret

**Pulls out a rapier and a dagger and readies himself for danger.**

Alright guys, lets get this road on the show...er...you know what I mean!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"My owl will scout ahead when he is able, and when there is no where for him to fly he'll perch on my shoulder. By flying ahead, behind, and to the sides of us he improves our chances to avoid being ambushed or surprised.The owl confers +3 on spot checks in dimly-lit conditions, and when he is within reach I get +2 on spot and listen ("alertness").

"In combat situations he'll fly off to the side and try to stay out of the way, unless he senses that I am in trouble, in which case he'll try to surprise and attack my assailant(s), specifically around the head and eyes, if possible."

D

DarthFerret

I will need someone to hold some light source, as I am human and dont have red-eye, however, I usually wield both of these at the same time, so I cannot hold a torch as well.

Z

Zigathon

***Regular updates will continue next week so we can get this show on the road. I'm still waiting for a couple people to chime in.***

T

train

(You may want to set some sort of default that an individual gives you in case they are not able to chime in on a timely basis for some reason... Though timely can be a couple days, it kind of keeps things running when most would chime in, and it is only for the basic game actions anyhow...)

I

InfinityCubed

JJJ

I'm definitely going to be able to hold a torch, unless we have to fight something, then I might need both hands.

**Who has the most hit points? they should be in front, no?**

Z

Zigathon

***I'm thinking by next week my updates will be every other day not including weekends. So, I would hope everyone starts checking the thread more often, especially now that you're in the first dungeon. ;)***

P

pickles

(lights torch as he positions himself closer towards the front of the group.)

***Sorry about the delay. I've been away from internet access for the past two weeks.***

Z

Zigathon

What exactly is the marching order?
The walls of the cave are ten feet apart, so you can walk in two rows if you like.