D&D: Part One; Awakenings

Z

Zigathon

Your eyes fly open. You realize you are not alone. Others are waking up around you. You feel as though you may have been drugged. Your mind is a blank canvas. Your memories are like a washed out watercolor painting. Faded and out of focus.

There are seven of you in a square room that is roughly twenty feet around. The walls are made of stone. There doesn't appear to be a door. There certainly aren't any windows. The room is dimly lit by some kind of glowing orb in the center of the ceiling, which is well out of reach.

You sit up, sore from lying on the stone floor for an undetermined amount of time. The others are doing the same.

In the center of the room are nine objects. Seven of which are backpacks. There are words written on them. One bears your name. They are situated around a pillar. The pillar is perhaps four feet high and adorned with runes. Next to the pillar is a square box. One side of the box has a glass front. There is a row of buttons below the glass.

Groggily, you must decide what to do now...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Jax hurries to the backpack with his name on it and starts rifling through it. "There must be something to eat in here," he mutters as he dumps things upon the floor, "Hey, what's that box?"

I

InfinityCubed

John-Jacob-Jingleheimerschmidt rises rather slowly, his back slightly pained and alert to someone moving near him toward the middle of the room; and looks around to see others lying on the floor and moves toward them to help them up.

Z

Zigathon

**You're strangers, although, I have a feeling you won't be for long.**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll grab my pack.

"Anyone know how we got here? Last thing I remember, I was enjoying some nice dwarven ale..."

D

DarthFerret

I'll get my pack also, get something to eat, then sit back and watch everyone else to see if I can make heads or tails of them. Will also watch the "box" to see if anyone does anything.

Z

Zigathon

Inside the packs are equipment. Armor, weapons, rope, rations, a bit of gold, etc.

T

train

Windcaller

"Not feeling too good about not knowing what is going on... I'm Windcaller, anyone have an idea as to what is going on?..."

(Begins studying the room and others in it, with genuine interest...)

D

DarthFerret

**While strapping on his armor, and adjusting his scabbards**

"Well, Windcaller, it appears that we awoke in this room, and nobody knows what happened, and there is a box with some wierd things on it, and we should get out of here. Does that about sum it up?"

"By the way, you can call me Benny..."

**Sits back to observe again**

P

pickles

*slowly gets up, despite aches. surveys the room, and all inhabitants a bit.*

I'll get my pack.

"interesting predicament. Seems like I'm a bit late in joining this little get-together. I would have rather been pick-pocketing that arrogant little noble that I saw on the streets. But thats alright. My name is Pickhaeles, pleased to meet you all.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Zylo awoke as if from a dream (and perhaps he HAD been dreaming) to find himself in a strange room, surrounded by people he does not recognize...He didn't think he had drank all THAT much Elverquisst the previous eve, yet here he was, feeling a bit hungover and completely confused as to how he got here.

Introductions appeared to be in order though, so once he was on his feet and reasonably steady he spoke up: "Hello all of you...I am Zylo Windglade. I am a Moon elf of the People of Evereska and I am utterly confused as to how we have come to be gathered together like this...Does anyone have any idea how we got here?"

He is an averaged-sized elf, of medium build, with a shock of wavy white hair on his head, a beardless face with bluish-tinged skin, and eyes the color of deepest purple. He has a shirt of elven chainmail on over a fine leather jerkin, with a curious-looking scratched up leather patch on the right shoulder, a plain looking longsword in a worn leather scabbard at his left side, and has a fine looking bow and quiver hanging from his left shoulder.

Seeing the blank looks of his new comrades in response to his question, he shakes his head and goes to find his pack, stopping to carefully examine the box with the buttons. Turning away from his examination, he looks up and scans the room, then utters a very strange sounding birdcall which is answered a moment later when a large snowy owl swoops down from the rafters and perches on the odd leather patch on his shoulder.

"Everyone: Please meet my familiar, Candles the Owl."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"All right, my name's Dorgath, and I'd like to get my hands on the wiseoink who brought us here."

You see a 4'4" dwarf with tan skin, gold hair, and blue eyes.

I squint at the runes to see if I can make anything out. If not, I start checking the room for secret doors or panels for a way out, also using my stonecunning ability.

T

train

Windcaller

"Well - no guts, no glory I aways say..."

(Grabs his pack and pushes the first button on the box...)

(Will see if he can detail what is in the pack after watching the box...)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Oh, great! Windcaller, is it? Do you feel any different?"
Standing in front of you is a 3 '9" halfling in mismatched boots, volumous sleeves on his gray tunic and half his head is shaved, while the other half is in long braids. He is contently putting many items into his pockets and pouches, while holding onto his backpack.
Looking into the box, "I've never seen a box like this." As he runs his hands over the entire box and starts to play with the buttons.

T

train

Windcaller

"I don't feel much different Jax... Any ideas about what to do after you're done playing with the box?..."

I

InfinityCubed

"Holy moly! You should probably be careful with that box!" I say as i'm finishing helping people up and go to get my pack from the center. "Ahh here's my things" and I put whatever on that I don't already have on.

"Nice to finally meet everyone. Dorgath, I'm John-Jacob-Jingleheimerschmidt. Having any luck finding a way out of here?"

T

train

Windcaller

(Allows Jax to play with the box...)

"Have at it there buddy.... For those of you that don't know, I'm a wood elf... I could tell you tails of tails I chased, but most of them are animal... my looks ain't too great... hah..."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
The halfling is now sitting atop the box and pushing every button, pulling any handles and jamming his dagger into any seam he can find to try to open the box or at least make it do something........
Pointing to the biggest person in the room, "Hey, I think this box is keeping the doors hidden and locked, can you bash this thing in?"