Zigathon's D&D Quest (Title Pending)

Z

Zigathon

I was searching around in my boxes of crap that I haven't sorted yet and found all of my Dungeons and Dragons stuff. I also found an epic quest I'd run with a large group a few years back. The players that participated had a great time. I had thought at one time about running it once a week on an AIM group chat, but most of the people that wanted to do so had very rough schedules and were never online at the same time. So, this past weekend, I got to thinking, why not try running it on this website?

Here are the basics:

I use the 3.0 and/or 3.5 rules. If this is a problem for anyone, PM me and perhaps we can track down some conversion tables on the internet.

Each player that wishes to join should create a third level character. Multi-classing is acceptable. Prestige classes are not allowed, at least in the beginning. This is to prevent one player from becoming stronger power-wise than the others. Said character is allowed two pieces of equipment (rings, weapons, armor, etc) with a +1 bonus or one piece with a +2 bonus. All players begin with 100 Gold.

Character death is permanent!!! However, there are a few things in the game world that will provide a way to bend this rule. This isn't a run of the mill D&D adventure. ;)

Role-playing is a must! This applies to anything your character says or does as well as his or her alignment. However, there is also a distinct flavor in the adventure that should define role-playing "a bit differently." Hopefully, you will grasp this when the game begins. There are XP penalties for breaking character.

So, anyone interested in joining up should speak up in this thread. Also, please list the class(es) your character will be. This will allow other players to see how the group is looking and can (if they so choose) build something to fill in holes and "flesh out" the party. Finally, PM your character to me. I've always found it useful to have copies of the PCs while DMing.

Sign-up deadline is Friday, the First of December. At which point I will begin a new thread.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I take it you need the Player's Handbook to create a character? Or can I just tell you I'd like a 3rd level X and you tell me what I need to know?

I

InfinityCubed

definitely /in but gimme a lil bit to bum a PH off my friend so that I can create my character, ill edit this post with the character info.

D

DarthFerret

I am in as well, will try to get you a character pretty soon...

Z

Zigathon

@ Spiderman: Yeah, just post 3rd level X and I'll build something and PM it to you.

@Cubed: Welcome to the CPA, my friend. Just update your race/class info in a post and PM the character info to me.

@DF: Deadline is Friday, but I may wait until next Monday to start.

@Everyone: For the purpose of role-playing, I'd like to point out that character histories aren't exactly necessary. You'll see why when the game begins. Role-playing is a must concerning only race/class/alignment.

D

DarthFerret

Alrighty, I have a 3rd Level Human Fighter ready to roll...

I

InfinityCubed

Ok I hope everyone is good, because i'm making a paladin and he can't be with baddies knowingly :) also darth, where do you live? i'm in spring.

D

DarthFerret

Heya InfinityCubed, I am in Conroe, about 20 miles north of ya. Maybe we can hook up some time for a duel or two?

Z

Zigathon

That second link in my last post should teach you everything you need to know.

So far we've got a Human Fighter, Human Rogue, Dwarf Monk, and a Human(?) Paladin. Anyone else is still welcome to join.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What is it about humans? Looks like I'll have to carry the group :)

Mooseman, don't be afraid, just tell Zigathon what you want to be and he'll tell you the rest (or you can look up stuff with the second link). All you really need to do is role-play :)

T

train

I'll say in - but still trying to figure out the character generator...

Z

Zigathon

Yeah, the generator is a little funky sometimes. Blame Pickles, he found it for me.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Zig - I sent you a character I created from the generator..... seems a little beefy on the stats, so make what changes you need to and send it back to me.
Halfling Mage/Collector.......
Do you need a background on the characters?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'll play, I reckon, though like Mooseman I don't know all that much about 3rd ed rules...When I figure out the generator and make a guy I'll send him to ya'...:)