What about music guys

K

K9Archmage

i like almost all music, but i have some favs...

aqua
scatman john
eiffel65
they might be giants
The Demented Weasels

HOipa

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I enjoy:
Green Day
Collective Soul
Live
Third Eye Blind
Blink 182
They Might Be Giants(YEAH, BABY, YEAH!!!!!)
Sister Hazel
Blues Traveller

I dispise:
Boy bands
Pop Girl/Boy Superstars
Any band with the word girl in it's name

I regularly eat:
Monkey feces
Banana bread
Poo-boy pie
Fun Dip Candies
Cornnuts

I throw up on:
Small children
Anything under 6 inches tall
Senior citizens
Carson Daly
People that.....what? that's enough. okay

Ransac, went too far

D

DÛke

...I listen to almost everything:

My top favroites:
Enigma
Mike Oldfield
Delerium
ATB
Sting
Savage Garden
Madonna
Three Doors Down
Filter
Lenny Kraviz

I like 1 or 2 songs out of these "artists":
NSync
Korn
Backstreet Boys
Limp Bizkit
Bon Jovi
Jay-Z
Match Box 20
Michael Jackson
Olive
Dead Can Dance
Rob Zombie
Marilyn Manson
Britney Spears
Sade

There.

F

fuzzy510

Duke, you like certain Backstreet Boys songs? NSync? The only reason I've heard of them is because my sister insists on playing their albums in the car all the time, and my Mom likes them, so they're played...you get the point.

C

Copious Wrath

Favorite bands/artists:

Blind Guardian
Bloodhound Gang
Blur
Electrasy
Five Iron Frenzy
Green Day
Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
MC Hawking
Metallica
Moby
MST3K
Pink Floyd
Papa Roach
Powerman 5000
Rage Against The Machine
Rob Zombie
Smashing Pumpkins
Static X
And last, but most certainly not least, Weird Al! (best christmas songs ever!)

D

DÛke

...Fuzzy, I DO listen to Bye Bye Bye by Nsync, and Shape Of My Heart by Backstreet Boys...that's about all. I don't see any reason why I can't.

I like singing Shape Of My Heart to girls who like that kind of stuff, it makes me look nice, and I just LUUUVE when the girls go "awwww; ” I strive for that. Bye Bye Bye is just cool, IN MY opinion.

I'm proud I listen to everything before calling a band (a song, a person, or a subject) an adjective (or a noun; you pick) that is unlikely to be descriptive of a band (a song, a person, or a subject, YOU pick).

F

fuzzy510

Just checking DUke.

[me]goes to a trash can and pukes for an hour.[/me]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing wrong with that. I like "I Want It That Way" myself...

I like certain songs from all groups too. It's when I start liking the majority of songs on the album in when I want to get it. And some of the videos of certain groups who I'd never get are still hilarious (like the Foo Fighters).

<shrug> It's no different from me saying most heavy metal is weird, guitar, heavy drum banging that doesn't make it particularly easy for ME to listen to or Eminem, despite having some interesting subjects, has a rap flow that sounds a bit off-beat or trying to cram in words rather than the nice, on-beat flow of old-school (which is what I grew up on).

F

fuzzy510

Creed
3 Doors Down
Nine Days
No Doubt
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Papa Roach
Limp Bizkit
Matchbox 20
Smashmouth
Sting
Billy Joel

BTW, didja know that Creed is a Rock/Christian band? No lie!

[Edited by fuzzy510 on 01-12-01 at 05:09 PM]

G

Gerode

I heard that somewhere. It doesn't surprise me. POD is also a Christian band.

D

DÛke

...!

How about a Catholic band? Enigma.

You know...lately, I've been listening to know music at all, except for Delerium; there's something about their vocal-less songs that just drive the hell into me.

I wonder if anyone here listens to Delerium and/or Enigma...they're really, really, really good bands...

I've never seen a band expressing so much suicidal notes, criminal behavior, sexual desires, and many other complex emtions with just plain music. Delerium and Enigma do that all the time, especailly Delerium with their CD "Euphoric", it's even out of print now, I'm lucky to have a copy. Four total songs in the that CD, each about 10-16 minutes long...it's a wonder...believe me.

S

Sammy Dead-O

I might as well chime in on this. I listen to mostly ska and punk; I play in a ska band in Georgia (the Macon Blue Beat Combo). The ska I listen to sometimes falls into the categories of Third Wave/skapunk/skacore. I especially like the Impossibles, the Pietasters, and Operation Ivy here.

However, I usually listen to neotraditional or real old-skool ska. I'm afraid I become too much of a music snob at times. However, Derrick Morgan, the Skatalites, the Slackers, and Hepcat are all very much worth the listening.

S

Sidar Jabari

Hailing, as I do, from jolly old England I have a taste for progressive, lo-fi and alternative music. Try to find some of these band and give them a listen.

Belle and Sebastien
Mogwai
Gorky's Zygoti Mynci
Super Furry Animals
Muse
The Beta Band
Arab Strap
Bjork

I also like some stuff with a bit more of a groove.

Orbital
Add N to (X)
Masive Attack
Tricky

And the obvious.

Blur
Oasis
Radiohead
Travis

But I do listen to some of your American stuff as well(sorry if any of these bands are Canadian I can't really tell the difference).

Mercury Rev
Pavement
Built to Spill
Ganddaddy
The Flaming Lips

Well, there you go, thats pretty much it, althought I do like to chill out with some lighter acoustic style stuff as well.

Teenage Fanclub
Elliot Smith
Babdly Drawn Boy AKA Damon Gough
Kings of Convenience

S

Sidar Jabari

And here's one for Duke.

I have four Enigma albums and they're all pretty cool. I hope it's the same band that you're talking about

The albums are..

MCMXC AD
The Cross of Changes
LE Roi est Mort Vive le Roi!
Screen Behind the Mirror

and they're German or something.

A

arhar

Originally posted by Sidar Jabari
Hailing, as I do, from jolly old England I have a taste for progressive, lo-fi and alternative music. Try to find some of these band and give them a listen.

Belle and Sebastien
Mogwai
Gorky's Zygoti Mynci
Super Furry Animals
Muse
The Beta Band
Arab Strap
Bjork

I also like some stuff with a bit more of a groove.

Orbital
Add N to (X)
Masive Attack
Tricky

And the obvious.

Blur
Oasis
Radiohead
Travis

But I do listen to some of your American stuff as well(sorry if any of these bands are Canadian I can't really tell the difference).

Mercury Rev
Pavement
Built to Spill
Ganddaddy
The Flaming Lips

Well, there you go, thats pretty much it, althought I do like to chill out with some lighter acoustic style stuff as well.

Teenage Fanclub
Elliot Smith
Babdly Drawn Boy AKA Damon Gough
Kings of Convenience

And my vote goes to you for being the most "underground" in here :) I think I still get 2nd place ;)

Anyway, IN MY OPINION, people should really distinguish between music and muzak. For example, I can imagine any kind of person listening to Backstreet Boys only for the reasons Duke mentioned, or because "all my friends are listening to it" (no offense, we all went through that at early ages ;) )

Oh... and for a VERY FEW lovers of heavy metal here (and I don't mean Linkin Park or Papa Roach) I can recommend the website that have long become my second online home (first being the CPA) www.metal-rules.com .A fair warning though, it's not really a "family place" like the CPA and mainly oriented at older audience.

T

TaLoN

Linkin Park, Taproot, Papa Roach, P.O.D., Incubus, RATM, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Staind, green day, nirvana, pearl jam, godsmack, a perfect circle, etc.

D

Duster

I'm a huge fan of Elliott Smith, Belle and Sebastion and Travis myself Sidar, definately a cool thing that someone else around here is into that kind of stuff.

S'all,
Dustin

D

DÛke

...! There's actually an Enigma fan in the CPA other than I! That's dang cool. :)

Yes, Sidar, that's the band...and guess what...I have ALL 4 albums too. My favorite is "Le Roi Est Mort, VIVE Le Roi"...I like the theme better than "The Screen Behind the Mirror", or even "The Cross of Changes". BUT, like they all say MCMXC.a.D is THE "legendary" Enigma album due to the second track: "The Principles of Lust", which has 3 parts to it...people seem to like "Sadness PART I" the most of the whole song, but I like the second part, "Find Love" the most due to the freakin' cool music. The song is all right itself.

...if you like Enigma, Sidar, you should get some Delerium.
DON'T get their latest: Karma or Poem, unless you like to paint, draw, or are a VERY romantic kind of person. Get "Euphoric", and "Syrophenikan"...and if you want to be hunted by nightmares for the rest of your life, I DARE you to buy "Spiritual Archive" which has a track which if you listen to it while you're a sleep, you're practically INVITING nightmares to hunt you...it's very creepy...possibly the most terrifying piece of music that has ever been assembled.

...anyway...enough about Enigma and Delerium...:D

B

Bob

Wow, I like a lot of bands...

I used to have a piddly little list here but I've heard way too many other great bands to remember them all, so nyah.

D

DÛke

...funny how most of us like Limp Bizkit...

...I don't like his newer stuff though. "Rollin'" is alright, but come on! Give me stuff like "Nookie" and "Faith" (although not originally by Limp)...

What about Fuel, anyone? I didn't see anyone mentioning them...they're good...

...and Filter? Am I the only Filter fan left? That's sad!