casual merfolk deck

C

Cat Quinten

With Time Spiral now out Lord of Atlantis is now a merfolk so I decided it would be fun to make a deck to celebrate this over due upgrade. This is my first attempt at a merfolk deck as well so I wasn't sure on what should be in it. Then again trying new things is what makes the game fun.

Creatures
4 Tidal Warrior
4 Manta Rider
4 Lord Of Atlantis
4 Merfolk Raiders
4 Sandbar Merfolk
4 Coral Merfolk
3 Seahunter
1 Temporal Adept

Spells
3 Counterspell
3 Unsummon
4 Bommerang
4 Washout

Enchanments
4 Sea's Claim

Lands
18 Island

L

Limited

I'm not sure I'd play the Merfolk Raiders.. 2/3 is very nice, but the Phasing is a drag. I also don't think you need the Temporal Adept if you are playing that many bounce-spells.

You could consider adding some card drawing. I would suggest Saprazzan Heir and Coastal Piracy.
Oh, and I'd think that Quicksilver Fountain would be a lot nastier way to create Islands.. If you put a couple of Oboro's in your deck, the flood will never go away :D

T

train

I'm really surprised to see that there is not a Coat of Arms somewhere in the list... At least one - with all that control?... It would be worth it to hear someone say they got stomped by fish...

Just wouldn't want it to be me...

T

train

"Got Coat?!.."

(I'm trying to get back into the boards again... I just don't have the cushion I used to job-wise... being the Director of IT has me doing tons more than helpdesk duties... :rolleyes: )

T

train

Man - I miss those 4 days a week - but with all these other benefits - It'd be a really hard decision to go back to something like that...

Either way - I still pay attention to Magic, just not as active - but working on changing that also...

J

Jareth, Goblin King

This may be risky, but I would try skullclamp. You can spare a merfolk now and then since their are a number of them. Loose on merfolk, but draw a Lord of Atlantis and seahunter. Also, as soon a LOA hits the table he is going to be a target, so at least with skullclamp on him he won't die in vain

T

train

I honestly had forgotten about skullclamp - good one...

man - I need to freshen back up...

4EYES

Limited said:
You could consider adding some card drawing. I would suggest Saprazzan Heir and Coastal Piracy.
Hear hear... Limited seems to remember a build I brought to the table quite a while ago... But it works like a charm!

By the way, when you've got Coastal Piracy working, you're playing so many merfolk that you don't really need the Seahunter --although he became a LOT better with LOA as a merfolk... I might have to look into that :)

To be able to play all the merfolk I drew due to Coastal Piracy, I used High Tide to drop loads of those guys!

L

Limited

Huh? You seem to be implying that we've have played and you used a deck with Saprazzan Heir ..

:confused:

Can you refresh my memory?

4EYES

By now, Limited knows who I am, and I should probably apologize for accusing him of plagiarizing something in my first-ever post on this forum :rolleyes:

Bit of a bad start, but a start nonetheless...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
They made Lord of Atlantis into a merfolk? Awesome!

Is Zombie Master still a non-zombie, or did they fix him too?