Harry Potter

N

Neo_Keo

What do you guys think of the Harry Potter storyline but thats not important but what is important is that a TCG is coming out for it and I think if its any good it might be the nest mania. The book is quite good but something else for WoTC to make money out of another mania is ridiculas ( bt I realy couldn't blame them their probably in the business for the money any ways)

oh well when will it end

F

FoundationOfRancor

But I really enjoy the harry potter books. There funny! The 4th one was kinda intense though....

I was scared:)

T

theorgg

I really can't wait for the cardgame.

Even if it's not a great game, I'll still try to get some of my favorite characters and spells...

Riddikulis!

and of course Hogarth. or hagarth...
the big giant with an umbrella wand.

I really like the potter stories, personally. I enjoy their fantacy and irrelivance.

Almost as good as Terry Pratchett's stuff...

C

caesar

Can't Wait for either. The TCG or the RPG. Their both going to be great games.
Orgg: I belive the name your thinking of is Hagrid.
The storylines are great anyone who hasn't read one should rush out and buy books 1-4.

D

Duel

Book 1: Good book! I really enjyed it!

Book 2: eh. It was fine. A little plot-weary.

Book 3: never mind

book 4: good characters, decent plot. Not all that great wording. Still worthwhile.

Overall: Tolkien for 10-year-olds.

N

Neo_Keo

Hey does anybody here remember that G.I. Joe villian who looked like a snake of some sort. He was always wearing that mask except we got to see it in the movie. I could actualy picture him looking like that.

Do you guys think they'll actualy make a movie of each book.

Book 4 I think was much more entertaining then the others.

"What will come, will come, you just have to meet it there." - Hagrid, Gameskeeper of Hogwarts ( Keeper of the Keys )

C

caesar

Duel: You really think 'Tolkein for ten year olds'. I know so many adults who love the books. In fact most of the adults are parents who won't let their kids read them till they do.

D

Duel

Whoa, there. I didn't say it was bad. Niether did I say adults don't enjoy it. What I meant by that was that it was a classic fantasy bit, but that it was toned down, and the language is seriously toned down, to the point where it is written for someone on the ten-year-old level.

Now, as long as nobody accuses tolkien of writing for ten-year-olds....

C

caesar

I'm not saying your saying its bad. I think its just written for all different levels. I wouldn't just chain it down to one level like that.

[Edited by caesar on August 31st, 2000 at 01:08 PM]

D

Duel

Well, I think the author dumbed down the wording to appeal to little kids. It had the potential to be fantastic. Now it's merely good.

C

caesar

Okay, ya got me there. I think it wouldn't sold as much or as fast if she geared it torward a higher level, but like you said it would have been fantastic. But enough of that, are you going play the TCG, RPG, or neither?

D

Duel

In agree, it wouldn't have sold as well.

I like both, but I think that a tcg would be too restrictive (star wars-esque) and RPG wouldn't be good in any context but a ocmputer game. I hope they build a character-assembly RPG. Where you can make your own wizard. That'd be nice.

C

caesar

If I remember correctly, they said you could any character from the book or create your own. Also I think its tabletop. You can check for yourself at the wizards website ( http://www.wizards.com/ ), just search for Harry Potter and it'll bring you directly to the news release.

M

Multani

I frankly don't know why it's sooo good.
It's too short. It's childish.
However, it's getting people to read. For that, I'm thankful.
Now Tom Clancy is another story... :D

N

nanokill

i love the books(u are right foundationofRancor) the fourth was intense, and also i have to side with the orgg even if it isn't a great game i would still like to use favorite characters like Sirus, harry , dumbledore and hagrid. spells suckh as ridiculus and avada kedavra

(when is it coming out)

T

The Kuzya

I have to totally agree with Multani. I couldnt of said it better myself. Has anyone ever read "In the Name of the Father" by A.J. Quinnell (however u spell it) That has got to be one of the best books i ever read. Or maybe its just me and my fondness of violence. I dunno.

B

Bob

A while ago, I made HP cards:

Harry Potter BWW2
Creature-Student Legend
Pro Black
T:prevent all damage dealt from target attacking
black creature
1/1

Ron Weasley RWW2
Creature-Student Legend
Pro Red
T:Reduce target attacking red creature's power to 0
1/1

Hermione Granger BWW2
Creature-Student Legend
Pro Blue
T:Tap target blue creature
1/1

Voldemort, The Dark Lord BBB5
Creature-Lord Legend
Flying
When Voldemort comes into play, attach him to target creature, That creature gets +1/-1, becomes black, and goes under your control. When that creature goes into the graveyard from play, attach Voldemort to another creature.
BB-Remove Creature attached to Voldemort from the Game: Voldemort goes under your control, and has power and toughness equal to the number of Power counters on him.
While Voldemoert is attached to a creature, each upkeep, put a power counter on him
*/*

Adava Kedavra RRB3
Sorcery
Wizard's Patience:9(Instead of playing this spell's casting cost, you can instead pay 9)
Destroy target player.If they counter it, You lose the game.
When This comes into Play, remove the Top 10 cards from your library from the game
I'll post more later. what do yu think?

A

Almindhra

Aren't the Potter books fantasy for kids?...I would never read it, but I couldn't believe when my 18 yr old friend said he loved the books...After he told me a little bit about them, I suggested reading real fantasy...Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan...I suggest those books for all of you who read Potter...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'd read them, they sound pretty neat and I'm always willing to give something a try once. 'Real fantasy'? I think that just having spells makes it qualified; you don't need a full-blown world with 'different' races to make it fantasy. It's certainly not real life...