UBG Fat Back Attack

Killer Joe

I recently opened a box of Coldsnap and got two more Ohran Vipers making them numbers 3 and 4 for my collection (one is foil).

I have been looking to change up my casual multiplayer decks for the fall and thought I'd give the Viper a 'go' since I have four copies (btw, I wasn't really wanting four copies but hey, I got 'em, I might as well use 'em).

I also like some other 1/3 P/T creatures like Shadowmage Infiltrator and Thieving Magpie so I want to put together a deck based on low power and a higher toughness (i.e. 1/3).

I also want it to be a "control" deck as well: here's my starting list:
Ophidian
Shadowmage Infiltrator
Thieving Magpie
Ohran Viper

What are some other good 1/3's? I know there a Dimir one but I can't remember its name.....

L

Limited

Dimir Infiltrator. (1/3 unblockable for UB)

A fun card in a 1/3 deck is Equal Treatment, but it means you'll also have to play white.

I'd go for UGb Madness deck, with Aquamoeba and Circular Logic.. Some Ninja's could also be nice (no 1/3 ninja's that I know of though).

(btw, Viper is pretty expensive. If you put them on ebay, you can get like 10+ bucks for them)

K

Killerbob

I think that you will find that Ohran Viper is "too green" to fit in the deck. And thats exactly why I think that the card is not better that "stable". Who wants a very green controlcreature?

Anyway, how will you make use of the fact that all your creatures are 1/3? Maybe infest or pestilence? You will probably draw some extra cards, so pitchcards might be an idea too. Maybe zurs weirding?

If you could fit in brass man, that would earn you lots of style points :)

D

dwarven_anarchist

You could try Pestilence to get rid of creatures with 2 or less toughness, and have your creatures live.

Killer Joe

SCRATCH!

It doesn't work. Oh sure, I draw lots of cards and blow up lots of stuff but without having a "Fattie" or two I can survive long but not kill anyone :(

L

Limited

Too bad..

(you could have added white for Wave of Reckoning though:))

J

jorael

Alas, I still like your idea. Just needs a way to win.

Riptide Mangler would have been a cool addition. Take over the power of their fattie and then remove it :)
Infest & Hideous Laughter gives you mass removal that doesn't kill your own stuff.
With all that card advantage you can do some nice tricks with Aquamoeba(switch power & toughness, put damage on the stack and then switch again :)).
Cuombajj Witches might be an interesting card to add. They can't kill your creatures and during multiplayer games it can be fun to see what opponents choose to damage.
Dragon Engine could be the kill condition. Add Writ of Passage to make your creature unblockable. Very
Ambassador Laquatus gives you a win condition with milling! Add some more U/B milling cards and you have a theme. I could suggest Supreme Inquisitor, but then you'd need more Wizards. There are some interesting 1/3 wizards, but enough? I doubt it. (Wizard Replica).

Killer Joe

jorael said:
Alas, I still like your idea. Just needs a way to win.

Riptide Mangler would have been a cool addition. Take over the power of their fattie and then remove it :)
Infest & Hideous Laughter gives you mass removal that doesn't kill your own stuff.
With all that card advantage you can do some nice tricks with Aquamoeba(switch power & toughness, put damage on the stack and then switch again :)).
Cuombajj Witches might be an interesting card to add. They can't kill your creatures and during multiplayer games it can be fun to see what opponents choose to damage.
Dragon Engine could be the kill condition. Add Writ of Passage to make your creature unblockable. Very
Ambassador Laquatus gives you a win condition with milling! Add some more U/B milling cards and you have a theme. I could suggest Supreme Inquisitor, but then you'd need more Wizards. There are some interesting 1/3 wizards, but enough? I doubt it. (Wizard Replica).
Riptide Mangler
Infest
Hideous Laughter
Aquamoeba

Hmmm, maybe I won't *scratch* it completely....Thanks