Enduring Lich!

K

Koie

Well I went to gencon and had a blast! Finally purchased a card I always wanted but never had a deck idea for... until now! Presenting, in a very rough draft format... Enduring Lich! My new multiplayer madness deck:

/Spells/
3 Enduring Ideal (the engine of the deck!)
3 Dark Ritual (must cast enduring ideal as fast as possible!)

/Enchantments/

1 Lich (half of the namesake of the deck... twill be loads of buku fun!)
2 Defense of the Heart (to play some major baddies)
1 Pariah (to have major defense)
2 Glorious Anthem (early disenchent fodder)
2 Privilaged Position (must protect Lich!)
1 Dovescape
1 Land Tax
1 Seismic Assault (gotta do something with all of the xtra land!)
1 Genju of the Realm
1 Noble Purpose
1 Angelic Chorus
1 Words of Worship (need life to draw cards!)
1 Opalescence
1 Mobilization
1 Hidden Retreat (so I can put my creatures and enchantments back in my library!)
1 Solitary Confinement (does it really need an explanation?)
1 Parallax Wave
1 Seal of Cleansing
1 Pestilence
1 Sacred Ground
1 Words of War

/ Creatures / aka defense of the heart fodder!

1 Blazing Archon
1 Spirit of the Night
1 Simic Sky Swallower
1 Phantom Nishoba
2 Zur, the Enchanter
1 Akroma, Angel of Wrath

/ Land /
4 Scrubland
3 Orzhov Basilica
2 Swamp
2 Dark Depths
11 Plains

K

Koie

Limited said:
No Form of the Dragon?
Well, if I put in form of the dragon, I am limiting myself to just 5 permenents when lich hits the table arn't I?

L

Limited

Err.. when your life total is set to five, you don't get any damage.. but when your life total is reset to five and you where below it, you do gain life and may draw cards..

Plus, its an wincondition on its own :D

K

Koie

hmm... I guess I misunderstood how'd they work together, I'll have to throw the sucker in!

L

Limited

I just thought of something..

Delaying Shield!

This little white enchantment converts all damage you would receive into loss of life (during your next upkeep). With Lich in play, this means you don't have to sacrifice any permanents.

Figured it'd be cute..

K

Koie

whoah... great idea!

I also tossed in Dovescape! :D And Zur, so I can get my enchantments out faster (I fig'd I'd use Defence of the Heart to get Zur in play)

Melkor

Surely there is a more efficient use for the spots of the Glorious Anthems, all the important creatures are big enough that it makes no real difference and any game after the first the opponent will know that the Anthems serve no real purpose. If you have Replenishes, that's an idea. Additionally some white standards like Wrath of God, Swords to Plowshares couldn't hurt while waiting for the Enduring Ideal.