Weird PM...

Z

Zigathon

Yeah, I don't know if this is the right place for this thread or not... however, I was wondering if anyone can shed a light on a PM I got:

Today, 07:53 PM
Deathmask

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How are you?

Myself and a member of CPA are opening our own "new" forum for Casual Players.

We were wondering if you would be interested in helping us out?

If so, the forum can be found at:

http://casualmagic.forumer.com

You do not have to join, but if you could help us spread the word of the new forum, we would greatly appreciate it.

What the hell is this? Spam? Anyone know about this? WTF??? Do you think its Houts (I only say that because he hasn't been trolling in awhile)?

EDIT: The link checks out... so its obviously a Magic player.

H

HOUTS

What the hell is this? Spam? Anyone know about this? WTF??? Do you think its Houts (I only say that because he hasn't been trolling in awhile)?

Thank-you God for morons like him.

(cough)

Er, um, first off let's point out the obvious: Look at my posts. Are they alot?
No? Ok, then obviously I can't be a troll.
I post topic when I want to. And, barely at that. But I expect Donkey comments from Jackasses....so, I quess I should't be upset...

Secondly, your comments only reiterate my stance on the ignorance of this place. Anyone knows, but you apparently, that I don't believe in "Casual" players, alliance, or anything of that bull**** nature.
Why would I send you crap? I don't care about you.

In fact, I hope you get AIDS and Cancer and I get to watch the fight to see which kills you first.

Ftw.
Of course.

Now, back to your trolling.
Troll.

HOUTS

O

orgg

Interesting. I wonder why he didn't just join this forum?

Tag Guard

L

Limited

I am wondering who this mysterious "member of CPA" is...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Weird... I didn't get it, but a couple of people forwarded it to me.

So far I'll just classify it as unwanted promotion of a site (since Zigathon checked it out) but if he sends out another one I'll warn or ban him.

D

DarthFerret

I am wondering if they sent it out to non-admin members. I also got this (and I was one that forwarded it to Spidey). Trying to steal members from our site....The nerve!

:rolleyes:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I never got one. Maybe it is HOUTS, since his last words of hatred against me is the last I've heard of him.

Although, that IS rather paranoid of all of us. "Is <this> happening? Must be HOUTS" Truth be told, I don't think he'd care enough to do anything.

Ransac, cpa trash man

J

jorael

No matter who he/she is: good luck with the site.

I'll stick around over here (and enjoy the blue background, I really dislike black colored sites).

turgy22

Nothing Special
Casual Magic is just another forum for casual Magic players to congregate on the Internet. Deathmask is one of the moderators there and I'm sure he only PMed you guys to get the word out about his site. It's certainly not automated spam, but he probably could have been a little more tactful.

Come to think of it, it's probably my fault that he did that. I joined their forum last week, introduced myself and mentioned this site. But then again, he did mention that a member of the CPA opened the site and I certainly had nothing to do with that.

In any case, I think it's a pretty harmless message. I wouldn't worry about it.

H

HOUTS

Yeah, I provided you a link to a website I'd never agree with.

Apparently reading=overrated (for this site).

If you've read anything I've ever written you'd clearly understand that I disagree with "Casual Players" or any alliance bull**** of some sort.
So, why would I go to another site, spam you, or start one up?

Learn to think.
Ftw.

Houts

T

The Real DM

Ok, first of all, I would like to step forward and say that I am the Deathmask which runs the forum in question in that PM. However, I can confirm a few things else also;

Firstly, the user which sent that PM was certainly not myself but rather someone which is most obviously advertising using my username on the forum. I was directed to this thread from my fellow Admin on Casual Magic, yet I am assuming it is a user on the forum I run which decided to go on a PM spamming frenzy. Myself and the other Admin from this forum which I work at are looking into who it could have been and that user will be banned immediately from casual Magic as it isn't quite acceptable for things like this to be done as it isn't something that I condone.

I would like to also take this time to formally say that I am truely sorry about what has happened here and think that in no way was it a responsible thing to do for a member of my forum. I also sincerely hope that this act of stupidity by a member of my forum can simply be forgotten. I am sorry to those who recieved this message and will take steps to ensure something like this doesn't happen again.

I feel with the upmost respect that this is a great forum and the best in the online community for Casual Players, and I will stand by that. And as I said, I will do my best to ensure that nothing like this happens ever again to this forum, or to any other.

I would also like to confirm that turgy22 is completely honest when he says that he had nothing to do with the founding of Casual Magic, that must have simply been something false that this user from my forum fabricated within his message.

I would once again just like to say I am sorry for this and I am in the process of finding which member has done this PM attack and ensuring that they are banned.

-Justin, the "Real" Deathmask

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, I don't believe that this pm was used as an "attack" against us, and I believe that banning a member for advertising another casual forum just isn't in proper spirit. Advertising shamelessly is one thing, but this was advertising a similar concept.

I went ahead and registered at the site. I hope you guys prosper and maybe........ we could have some cross-forum magic duels?

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Nightstalkers

I got a response from the Deathmask and if nobody else gets anything else from him... I think I spooked him off.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I never got one. I feel left out!

And I think this counts as one of the "not real" forums, but whatever...

Tag Guard!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's one of the "Other Stuff" forums...

And I agree with Ransac, it seems it wasn't done maliciously so banning him would probably be too strong a step. Maybe strongly discourage him from doing such a thing again but let's be optimistic and chalk it up to youthful exuberence :)

(Unless you want to ban for other reasons, like hijacking your alias :) )

And welcome to the site!

Z

Zigathon

Yeah, I wouldn't call it an attack.

In hindsight I think its pretty funny. Using an admin's allias to promote the site isn't a good thing though. If anything, said admin could do it himself. I'm glad he saw this thread and responded in an educated manner. Good luck on the site!

You know, Ransac's idea of cross-forum games is rather interesting.

All in all, I pretty much just started this thread to see if anyone else knew anything about it... and to poke a jab at HOUTS.

T

The Real DM

Well after some time of trying to figure it out, I think we found out who the phantom advertiser was. I am not going to telll everyone who because if we were wrong it would lead to problems, but I can be sure it isn't going to happen again.

Thanks everyone for understanding. I think I may hang around with you good people for awhile.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I wasn't going to check the site out because...

A) I only found out about it because someone was spamming CPA members.
B) He neglected to spam Spiderman and myself.
C) He hijacked the site's admin's name.

But you've been very cordial, so I looked around a little. Seems cool, although there aren't many posts. I did see Ransac's name several times. Hope everything goes well for your forum, despite Ransac's presence... ;)

I don't know if I'll ever post there or not. If I start playing Magic more, I probably will.