Spectral Choice [5 Color Green Combo]

B

Barachem

A deck i've been tinkering on for several weeks now and i think i've got a solid and fast version.

It revolves about abusing an infinite loop producing infinite mana and putting the sideboard into your deck for win-conditions.

24 Land:
12x Forest
3x Plains
3x Island
3x Swamp
3x Mountain

16 Mana-Acceleration/Color Fixing:
4x Sakura-Tribe Elder
4x Rampant Growth
4x Kodama's Reach
4x Heartbeat of Spring

12 Library Manipulation/Card-Drawing/Tutoring:
4x Sensei's Divining Top
4x Etched Oracle
4x Gifts Ungiven

4 Recursion + 4 Combo:
2x Eternal Witness
2x Recollect
1x All Suns' Dawn
1x Early Harvest
1x Diabolic Tutor
1x Research // Development

Sideboard[To be varied freely to one's taste, mine's just an example i use]:
1x False Cure
1x Beacon of Immortality
1x Cromat
1x Coalition Victory
3x Diabolic Tutor
1x Eternal Witness
1x Recollect
2x Beacon of Unrest
1x Loaming Shaman
1x Reminisce
1x Engineered Explosives
1x Plague Boiler

Basically one accelerates to 8 or more lands with at least 3 Forests, 2 Swamp, 1 Island and for the rest all other necessary colors, in the meantime trying to collect 1 All Suns' Dawn, 1 Early Harvest, 1 Diabolic Tutor, 1 Research // Development, 1 Heartbeat of Spring and as much recursion as possible and collecting at least 1 Gifts Ungiven is a must.

As soon as one gets a Gifts Ungiven in a turn, is going to 8+ lands at the next turn and 2 of the other required cards, cast Gifts Ungiven before one's next turn, preferrably when the chances for disruption, countering and other obstacles are as low as possible.
Search for 2 missing combo cards and 2 recursion cards, making sure that any possibly missing combo card can be fetched with Diabolic Tutor and that at least Heartbeat of Spring and if possible Early Harvest are in one's hand at the beginning of one's next turn..

In the next turn, play a land if possible, play Heartbeat of Spring, making sure that all necessary colors are available in enough quantities, get Early Harvest into one's hand if it's not there, then tap all lands for mana, play Early Harvest, then tap the lands for mana again.
Play Diabolic Tutor to get any needed or desired card, making sure that All Suns' Dawn is or comes in one's hand directly or via recursion, play the Research side of Research // Development if it's in one's hand and then play All Suns' Dawn to get back all of Early Harvest, Research // Development, Diabolic Tutor and Gifts Ungiven that are in one's graveyard.
Now the loop.

1. Play Early Harvest, tap all lands for mana.
2. Play Research // Development, shuffle All Suns' Dawn from the "Removed from Play" zone and up to 3 cards from one's sideboard into one's library.
3. Play Diabolic Tutor to get All Suns' Dawn into one's hand.
4. Play any other spells if necessary or desired and there's enough mana.
5. Play All Suns' Dawn to return Early Harvest[green], Research // Development[red], Diabolic Tutor[black] and any desired white and/or blue spell back to one's hand from one's graveyard.
6. Rinse and repeat steps 1 to 6 if needed or desired.
7. Combo out and win.

Here's a pic i made to illustrate the combo loop:

Now some further card choices.

Mainboard.
Sakura-Tribe Elder, Rampant Growth and Kodama's Reach: Early Harvest only works with basic lands, so this is the gas that gets them a.s.a.p.

Heartbeat of Spring: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Getting 15 or 16 land minimum is not tech, Heartbeat of Spring is.

Sensei's Divining Top: There's much shuffling going on , one wants to get to stuff a.s.a.p., one wants have quality advantage and if needed the Top acts as an extra draw.

Etched Oracle: May hold off devastating attacks for 1 turn, extending the clock. Also functions as decent card-draw and sometimes functions as nice attacker.

Eternal Witness: Good recursion, reasonable chump-blocker.
Recollect: Needed as variation for Gifts Ungiven, adequate recursion.

Sideboard.
Diabolic Tutor: Used for transformational sideboarding, in case comboing out needs that edge of speed.

Eternal Witness, Recollect, Beacon of Unrest, Loaming Shaman and Reminisce: Recursion to supplement the mainboard, also used for transformational sideboarding.

Engineered Explosives and Plague Boiler: Removal against locks.

False Cure and Beacon of Immortality: Win-condition against single opponent.

Cromat and Coalition Victory: Win-condition against multiple opponents.

I hope you enjoy seeing this creation.
I actually thought up most of this deck while attending a conference and had to wait a few days before putting it together, testing and adjusting it.
It's one of my more consistent and fun combo decks, except that it dies to too powerful decks, but that's acceptable.
I love how this deck is able to use an infinite loop to generate infinite mana and put cards from the graveyard in the hand and from the removed from game zone and the sideboard into the hand and deck respectively.
It's a combo deck that in principle makes it possible to get a janky combo working properly, provided that combo resides in the sideboard.

What do you guys think?

F

Force of Will Smith

this is absolutely preposterous.... makes my head hurt... a couple problems i can see are straight burn to the noggin, and possible cranials/ quash/scour/caps to remove your key cards..
kinda reckless.. but it seems like it happens fast enough not to matter.. goodjob :D

T

Tabasco

I am sorry but countering a key spell (Gifts or Heartbeat) will wreck your deck

and I have taken Calculus before and understood it, that graph is F-ing Confusing as hell

B

Barachem

Uh, that's why i have recursion spells.
Maybe not enough to really compete 1 on 1 against most tournament decks, but in casual and multiplayer it can be a really big surpise.
And after my win, i take another deck, simple.

But you do understand the loop i explain and that is depicted in the graph?
I might change the graph yet.
And i also took calculus and a whole bunch of other mathematics and physics courses/lectures as a physics student.
I'm currently a master of science and i'm doing my phd in physics.