Tabasco's deck tuneup garage

T

Tabasco

Ok being a vintage power player now I have learned optimal card choices for decks and I have grown to understand card interactions much better

I offer my service to anyone who needs help on their deck...I ask the following for each decklist in need of help

1. The format this deck is desinged for (ie: Multiplayer, T2, T1, Legacy, Extended, Casual etc.)
2. Card pool (give me an understanding as to how much you are willing to invest in the deck, so I know whether to mention the really hot pricey stuff or if you are trying to budget)
3. Aside from the decklist please give a general understanding of what the deck hopes to accomplish (this is more geared toward bizarre combos or hidden card interactions that are not quite visable to the naked eye)
4. Please give a brief explanation for card choices that don't usually fit into a decks main role (obviously I know why Rancor would be in a mono green beatdown deck, but if you are splashing a color for little or no cards of that color I would want to know why.)

I look forward to helping any one who stops by...

F

Force of Will Smith

Multiplayer reset button:

the format is multiplayer, but can do fairly well in single player.
Card pool: a fair amount of cards from legends (the fun ones like tabernacle, prejudice, underworld dreams,etc) near complete sets from RV/alliances-dissention, all duals, pain lands, most new duals, tainted lands,etc. Photorealistic proxies of any cards i dont have, and can recreate these proxies from scratch for any card i don't have... so eh.. limitless. Except maybe the japanese dragon "Kaimujando?" that is behind that glass case at wizards,.. since i couldnt read it or translate it.

the deck mainly plays cat and mouse while i blow up everything, blow up everything, lay out a dingus egg/staff, induce massive hurt (repeat), can also win with darksteel reactor.

The skinny: this deck always has an answer to creatures, almost always.. if you need it, you draw it and play it... problem is... you can defeat multiple players but its really difficult to choose WHEN to play your cards, it usually comes down to you being at 12 life, and dealing 10 to all players for the win. I think it could easily turn into a LD deck that works well.. If you make it LD, put pardic miner in there somewhere... he rox.

mana flare? crazy red enchantments? indestructibles? veteran brawlers? i dunno.. but the deck is more stressful than fun, eventhough it's won maybe 3/4 of the games its played, simply because 6 wrath effects in a row kinda makes everyone go.... dammit..
draw go, draw go, draw go, draw go. That and i think some LD cards i use could be just creature kill, so i could run that silly pegasus card that cost 10, or other high CC cards just to laugh at the opponent.

On your marks..... GO!

3 armageddon
1 balance
4 breaking point
4 jokulhaups
4 obliterate
4 wrath of god
4 planar collapse
2 darksteel reactor
4 dingus staff
4 dingus egg
4 nevinyrrals disk
2 zuran orb
1o mountains
10 plains

H

hrothmar

Force of Will Smith said:
but the deck is more stressful than fun
Let me ask you a frank question: Why do you keep playing this deck if its no fun? Is it because it keeps on winning?

F

Force of Will Smith

i dont play it often.. I made it specifically to go against turn 2 darksteel colossus's or
when someone insists on play a turn 2 attack with a 8/8 flying deck..

its not fun to make the decisions which (should i die this turn, or wait), but its fun to blow everything up..

besides this is why i posted it, because the deck has merit, but lacks focus..
and i've had decks before that were a pain to play, and with lots of tweaking, they became fun (like my aether pendrell deck with stacking enchantments)

T

Tabasco

Red/White hmmm Okay I think I know how to spice this up a bit...

How about a Wildfire Deck...it has almost the same premise, but you run a 4/5 named Exalted Angel, she gains you 4 life a turn, and she survives the blast...she comes down turn three and flips turn four...

You would need some amounts of artifact mana to keep your mana up after a wildfire..losing 4 lands can throw the game in your favor if you are ready for it and they aren't Sizzle is also a great lightning bolt to everyone but you spell...and while you are playing R/W why not throw in Brightflame...The life gain from this could be stellar.. plus it could take out the field If you set it high enough...Also some spot removal may be necessary for theose pesky 11/11 trampling Indestructible creatures...so I reccomend Swords to Plowshares...This is only for those things that Wildfire can't hit...etc.

I recommend using the Boros signets as the add RW for 1 colorless mana...and depending on what else you want to use for artifact mana...it is up to you...

i'll add more when I have time...this is a beginning let me know what you think of the ideas thus far...

*need sleepy*

F

Force of Will Smith

thats pretty much just boros.... my deck is about LD and wrath effects.. and how i need to either hold onto lands, use more direct LD, more direct wrath, indest creatures/ etc..

L

Lythand

Here is a T2 deck I play. Its not too competative, has a lot of weeknesses. I want to give it the competative edge. Not looking to add Jitte or Pithing Needle. I am also including the link to the article on the deck.

Hunted Leyline

Maindeck:

Creatures
4 Dark Confidant
4 Hunted Horror
4 Hypnotic Specter
4 Rakdos Guildmage

Enchantments
4 Leyline Of Singularity

Instants
4 Repeal
2 Spell Snare

Sorceries
4 Cruel Edict
4 Cry Of Contrition
4 Sleight Of Hand

Basic Lands
4 Island
10 Swamp

Lands
4 Underground River
4 Watery Grave

Sideboard:

2 Avatar Of Discord
4 Darkblast
4 Remand
2 Spell Snare
3 Brain Pry

Read it over and tell me what you think.